“Best Steakhouse!”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 3,777 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Indulge in our famous dry aged steaks, 5,000 or so bottles of wine from our award-winning list, and sublime desserts. All in an atmosphere of the casual ease and elegance born of Floridian leisure. We are located at The Pointe Orlando. Near the Convention Center. The finest hotels. And, naturally, the best golf courses.The Capital Grille Orlando. Paradise, redefined.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Best Steakhouse!”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Fantastic service, good selection of wines. I ordered the Delmonico steak and it was probably the best steak I have had. It was full of flavour and melted in your mouth.

• Visited August 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
“Bringing in 2014 at the Capital Grill”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We celebrated New Year's Eve at the Capital Grill. The food was excellent and beautifully presented as one would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. It being New Year's Eve, our service was "spotty" with long gaps between visits by our waiter and (perhaps due to the noise level) several misunderstandings of our requests. Note to Harried Waiters: Make sure you understand what your customers have asked for before dashing off!)
The most surprising thing to me was when I requested a "Kir Royale" (champagne and creme de cassis), I received a "Kir Nomad" (champagne and raspberry liquer). I explained the difference and again requested a Kir Royale. Twenty minutes later our waiter finally returned only to tell me their bar did not stock Creme de Cassis. This isn't an unusual drink nor (especially on New Year's Eve) an unusual request. Note to Capital Grill: You are much too fine a restaurant not to carry the proper ingredients for a Kir Royale.

• Visited December 2013
Limmen
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Had dinner here during a businesstrip. During conventions the restaurant is very busy so make reservations in advance (fortunatly I did). The staff is friendly and very helpful. I wanted to change the day of my reservation and this was done without any problems and within two minutes. Our waiter was well knew everything about the dishes and the wine that goes well with it. The food was served at a nice pace, not too slow and not too fast. The menu has something for everyone: meat, fish, salades etc. It is all of good quality and prepared to perfection. If you have the chance: try this restaurant !

• Visited December 2013
Puyallup, Washington, United States
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have been fortunate to eat at the Capital Grille in a couple different cities. As usual this one in Orlando did not let me down. We started with an excellent bottle of wine and an order of Crabcakes. The crabcakes were the best I have ever had in a restaraunt without a doubt. I ordered the Delmonico steak and with porcini mushrooms and was equally impressed. I thought their Caesar salad was on the lower end of quality compared to most other fine dining restaurants I have been to and that would have been my only complaint. The service was good as we went with a fairly large group. It definately isn't a cheap night but it is one where you know you are going to get some fantastic food and you will pay for it.

• Visited January 2014
United Kingdom
“Lovely food excellent service bit pricey but worth it”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We went to the Capital Grille as the last meal out for our holiday, we had already eaten at Victoria and Alberts so the stage was set to be dazzled, well we weren't dazzled but the food was excellent, very tasty well prepared, lots of nice sides, I had the chicken, hubby had the Porterhouse steak and even though they don't actually have any veggie food on the menu they do requests and were able to serve up a beautiful and tasty veggie pasta meal for my daughter. The service was brilliant with a very nice attentive server who did not intrude but knew exactly when to appear as if by magic when ever we wanted something. The setting was nice and comfortable and at no point were we made to feel out of place. My youngest is autistic and he was well treated and had a lovely meal with out any hassle at all. Yes it is pricey and expensive to eat there but we knew that going in so it was not a surprise, if wanted good cut price food we would have gone to Dennys. On the whole the experience was very good, with good food, good service, and a pleasant atmosphere. So if you want something a little bit extravagant and don't want to go the whole hog and pay for Victoria and Alberts this is a good alternative.

• Visited January 2014