“A great business dinner”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Indulge in our famous dry aged steaks, 5,000 or so bottles of wine from our award-winning list, and sublime desserts. All in an atmosphere of the casual ease and elegance born of Floridian leisure. We are located at The Pointe Orlando. Near the Convention Center. The finest hotels. And, naturally, the best golf courses.The Capital Grille Orlando. Paradise, redefined.
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Joel and his team did an awesome job serving a group of 20+ associates of our company. He took the time to carefully craft a dining experience from the wine to the apps to the main course.

Everything we tasted was truly wonderful. So much so that when the sous chef made his way to our table he was greeted with a round of applause. I personally had the filet with the kona rub and it was delicious.

I didn't have high hopes being that its located in a tourist trap but boy was I wrong. Great place to eat! Keep up the good work!

There are newer reviews for The Capital Grille

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The food and service at this restaurant were impeccable. Great drinks, great oysters, steak prepared wonderfully and tender enough to cut with a fork. Our server was absolutely amazing and very helpful. You can not go wrong at this restaurant.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Went there for dinner and had been told to expect a good steak, but I can't express is good it was, and also the service was incredible. We were advised on a beautiful bottle of wine which was not too expensive, and we constantly had our waitress checking on us and making sure we were ok. By Orlando standards, it is more expensive, but then again, there is nothing on the ,end that is deep fried!! After a few days, we couldn't wait to get something different!!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Based on my 2 experiences in Indianapolis, I think of Capital Grill as a somewhat overpriced restaurant that gets away with the prices by having excellent quality ingredients that are properly and simply prepared, and expertly served by professional servers. My visit to the Orlando location near the Convention Center wasn’t off to a good start. After waiting about 20 minutes for our table in the dining room, they gave the 3 of us a table in an area that felt like a high school cafeteria, with similar acoustics. The area smelled strongly of glue, solvents, and sweat. We joked that they must have started building their cafeteria section when we asked for a table, but that the glue smell was relaxing and making us forget our troubles.

I think our waiter must have inhaled some glue before his shift started. We never got glasses for our beer after repeated requests – Stella is a great beer, but shouldn’t be drunk out of those paper-rimmed bottles. My $48 dry aged rib eye obviously sat and waited a while to be picked up. It arrived totally cold. I would have complained but we didn’t see our waiter again until he offered to replace our beers – but that never happened either.

A server in a restaurant of this caliber should be up to the task. He had a fiduciary duty to not f*@k up what was once a beautiful piece of dry aged prime beef. I could have overlooked the solventy-cafeteria-gluey ambiance, but I can’t forgive murdering my steak and removing the inherent pleasure from a round of good Belgian beer. My friend insisted on leaving a 15% tip because “he wasn’t rude”. I’d have left nothing. Fortunately Roy's the following night was a great antidote - with reasonably priced food brilliantly served.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Visited here on the 19th of May with my boyfriend as it was recommended to us. Found it to be pretentious.

The food was ok, the service was terrible! Server wasn't interested or attentive, I think he thought we were a young couple and were going to be cheap, I felt looked down on by the snotty server. Server got my boyfriend's order incorrect. When I ordered my steak well done, the server explained to me what well done is...yeah like I don't know...

I felt obliged to tip the server although he did not deserve it. As we were leaving I caught the server counting the tip that we had left him blatantly in front of us!

I wouldn't return, was a disappointment. Instead of visiting here, visit the Copper Canyon Grill at Pointe Orlando, much better food, service and atmosphere.

2  Thank laura_lou0