“excellent”

Ranked #79 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Brick, New Jersey
“excellent”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I was just like you looking for reviews. I seen a lot of negative comments.When I stayed there I had no problems beautiful place. I stayed in tower 1 had a master bedroom bunkbed pull out couch. I had a 2,9,60 year old with me no complaints when my toddler woke up in morning her first place to go was balcony to see the pool area we stayed on 10th floor. I didn't have a rental car I took taxi to Wal-Mart it's 5 min away I got my groceries so I wouldn't have to spend money at restaurants. There is no house keeping for the room I booked they do have a complimentary dish soap paper towels detergent I used there detergent to wash my towels. If you need to get things there is dollar store Walgreen Dublin counts Starbucks convenient store all walking distance. I kept my room the way I walked into it. There is WiFi just call them to get password. Somebody was complaining about noise from pool I couldn't hear anything. Somebody else complain about the floor and rug I made sure my kids at flip flops socks on during the stay. The people that are complaining on here are probably high class live in a mansion and chose this place. It's affordable shuttle ride to disney is included if you planning on going to disney you can pack lunch with you and bring there I didn't know I could of saved money if I was you I would bring sandwiches chips snacks water and call it a day. The hotel was great I can't complain I'm 28 my mother and my kids loved it. Book it

4 Thank tranaya w
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us. Thank you so much for mentioning how positive your experience was at The Blue Heron Thank you so much for the recommendation, we look forward to your return!

The Staff and Management at The Blue Heron Beach Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The room was fantastic, the views over the lake were breath taking and the service the staff provided was friendly and professional. I took my laptop with me and they provided a Ethernet cable ensuring I could log on to my emails all day every day - no wifi in rooms, but this was not an issue as I bought a sim card from WalMart.

When we booked with agent the description of the rooms was quite confusing, we asked for 2 rooms, but in fact we got a 3 bedroom suite! Master Room - King size bed with en-suite bathroom, second bedroom, had two single beds in, with bathroom next door and the third was enough for 2 bunkbeds for the children, beautiful kitchen, huge dining table - glass, and huge sofas with television.

A very nice hotel, pool area and facilities are great! Restaurants of all kinds are along the 535 north and south so you will have plenty of options for great food.

A Walgreens supermarket is across the road which is helpful as we could by coffee, tea, milk and items for breakfast/lunches. I def recommend you stay in Tower two and try and get above floor 10 as you will see fireworks for the Disney shows at night easier.

I DO NOT recommend any of the Hotels down International Drive, simply as it is too busy. This hotel is in a peaceful location, but has access to the I4 and other main roads so its easy to get where you need to go.

Really enjoyed our stay here and don't listen to negative comments, Im from the UK and we are the worst for complaining!

Room Tip: I def recommend you stay in Tower Two and try and get above floor 10 as you will see fireworks for t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Alex J
Thank you for sharing your experience to other travelers who are wanting to make a reservation at the Blue Heron Beach Resort. Your review is greatly appreciated and well stated. I am glad you enjoyed everything that we have to offer and do hope we will see you back again soon.

Lapeer, Michigan
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed on the 8th floor. We had a very nice view of the lake. The pool was great and warm. No WiFi thru building. Only in pool area. Furniture was kinda worn out. Everything was clean when we arrived. All applianceswere up to ddate. Would stay again. Very close to Disney and has shuttles that run from hotel.

1 Thank B3amt3am
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for taking time to complete a Trip Advisor review and thank you for sharing your comments.

I am sorry but we only have wifi at the pool and the main lobby. We are working on getting this resolved in the near future.

I will pass along your comments regarding the pool furniture to The HOA as they handle the exterior of the resort.

Again, we sincerely thank you for your valuable comments. On behalf of our entire management team, we look forward to showing you our true level of service during your next visit.

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Ive stayed many places and the staff was fantastic, customer urgency was exceptional. The staff were absolutely professional and polite. Don't waste your money on the Disney resorts. This place had a great feel of being at home. It was very clean and comfortable,and secure with the room key being needed to access the elevators. Very nice decor. Balcony was like being at the beach with the lake. Lots of room with dishwasher, washing machine. And no cleaning duties.
Excellent value for the peaceful condo with so much room. Don't let the negative reviews fool you. I don't normally do reviews but the staff at Blue heron deserve positive recognition.
Tim Durden Augusta Ga.

Room Tip: Watch out for cleaning fees and square footage where you are staying.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank tim d

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Great location, beautiful views and friendly staff. The one bedroom unit we stayed in needed some cleaning and updating. The sofa bed mattress was very used and old. Location was awesome for getting to Disney and the outlets.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We are disappointed to hear that your guest room was not up to our standards. Please accept our apologies. Many units have had new carpet, bedding and flat screen televisions, but there are some that we are still working on with the owners. We will forward your comments to the owner.

We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to show you the great experience that we normally provide.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed in the deluxe 2 bed apartment. The room was wonderful and had everything we needed. The shuttles to the parks were good and I can't speak highly enough of the staff. Only things I didn't like was the wifi which was unreliable, wired Internet was available but who uses that these days? Also give the mini golf out the front a miss.

• Stayed April 2014
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experiences at The Blue Heron. It is wonderful to hear that our large suites were perfect for your family.. Thank you for mentioning how friendly and helpful the staff were.
I do however apologize for the internet issues we have. We are working to correct this problem and do hope in the near future to have it corrected.
We really appreciate your review and hope to welcome you back soon!

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I went with my boyfriend(55)his son(17)me 42,Where do I start, if you are a clean and tidy person " THEN DONT GO HERE" by the time we had looked around our 17th floor suite we had a list of things that need to be done.
1,bathroom door on our on- suite was coming off.
2,shower curtain had mould all over it
3,water in bath tub would not flow away.
4,bath tub Jacuzzi jet were black and covered with mould and hair(at this point I was feeling sick)
5,our bedroom carpet was so dirty I could not take my shoes off.
6,the aircon system was so load we had to turn it off before going to bed, as it was right next to the first bedroom.
7,all the windows still had a toddles dirty hand prints all along the bottom of them.
8,windows on the balcony outside still had the re-mines of a fuzzy drink can popped all over it.
9,the place had not been swept or moped.
10,the biggies joke was what they had put on top of the really bad mattresses, cut out sponge that you use to put in sofas.
11,12, by the time I Finnish it would be 100.... we take the list down and told them that this is just not unacceptable, we asked to be moved to a cleaned room and was told us, they did not have any rooms left...we asked them to have our suite cleaned please,...they said as it is late now and we have no-one here to clean it so it will have to wait till it can be sorted...the next few days...after going down and asking again... the shower curtain had been changed, the door got done, the bath tub got done(still dirty)the carpet in our room got cleaned(still dirty)....the windows were cleaned and that was the only thing that was. This was the 2nd time to Florida for me, and I must say...I would never never stay here again!!!!!!....the only good thing about this place was the pools. And I forgot to say.....as we were there for 2weeks we had a free bed and towel change ....but the cleaner did not touch anything else(floors, bathroom, list is to long).So I would not go here ever again...NEVER!!!!!..AND IF PEOPLE SAY ITS A GREAT PLACE...YOU HAVE BEEN WARED!...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jo71_12
I was concerned to hear about your experience with your guest room, because it indicates a lack of attention to detail on the part of our maintenance staff. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize on their behalf. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize on the cleanliness of your room, as that was not the way we typically take care of our guests. We have discussed this topic with the housekeeper who cleaned the room before your arrival, and the Supervisor who should have double-checked the room, and given the room an additional preventative maintenance cleaning. I know that does not change your experience. Your comments have been discussed, and our team is doing a round of preventative maintenance to address that problem in the future. You can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.
As you can see our reviews are generally very good and we are so disappointed that your experience was not a positive one at The Blue Heron.