“Room 802 tower 1”

Ranked #73 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Room 802 tower 1”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at BHBR at above room. The location of the complex is fantastic, close to everything with Starbucks a few hundred feet away along with nearby Dunkin donuts. Petrol station again very close by along with a 7/11. The lake and swimming pool are fantastic, pool area is very welcoming & shallow being about 4 feet deep at its deepest. The lake view from the upper floors is just stunning.
We usually stay in villas in Davenport or Clermont but the drive to parks is long, the BHBR is perfectly located for quick trips to the parks.
Only reason our score was not 5/5 was the floors in the room were very dirty. Didn't complain as cleaned it myself (just needs a bit of attention to detail & 5/5). As other reviews exterior and corridors on landing areas are looking a little worn.
I would not hesitate to stop here again with my wife and four children.
Thanks to BHBR for a great holiday along with a big thanks to your staff who were very helpful during all contact with them.
Missing the BHBR and want to come back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
I am sorry to hear about your experience with the cleanliness of your guest room. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize, as that was not the way we typically take care of our guests. We have discussed this topic with the housekeeper who cleaned the room before your arrival, and the Supervisor who should have double-checked the room, and given the room an additional preventative maintenance cleaning. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern.I apologize again for the problems, and thank you for taking the time to let me know about it. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return to the area.

The Management at The Blue Heron Beach Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
Ribeirão Preto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

It´s my second time at the Blue Heron (I had been there a year ago).
This time I got a 2 bedroom appartment at the 8th floor. This one had no carpets and had just been refurbished.
Since my wife was taking classes close to the Universal parks, Blue Heron´s at a great location. She could come "home" to pick us up after school and then go the parks without wasting too much time driving.
The places I had found closer to the Universal parks were either more expensive or smaller. Blue Heron is in a great location, it´s spacious and for a reasonable price.
We cooked almost every day and the kitchen had everything we needed.
There´s a big beautiful lake from the window.
You can see Disney fireworks from the balcony (where you get the elevator).
The swimming pool were swimmable on warmer days as we were there in January. It´s heated, but in January some days can get really cold.
This time the fire alarms didn´t go on for small reasons as they did a year ago.
A Subway restaurant has just been opened in front of the building, plus there´s a Starbucks, a Dunkin Donuts, a Dollar Tree, a pizza place (part of a big chain I can´t remember the name) and a Wallgreens just around it.
Walmart and Publix are a 7 minute drive.
Interstate 4, that gets you everywhere, is just a 2 minute drive away.
And Vineland Premium Outlet is a 3 minute drive.
I recommend it!

Room Tip: Get a higher floor and a room viewing the lake. They´re bigger and the view to the lake is just amaz...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Curinthia
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on your experience at The Blue Heron. We are so glad to hear that everything was to your liking this stay. If you find yourself coming back to Orlando, we hope you will come back and see us.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We spent 5 nights in the Blue Heron in a family suite. We had a great stay, the condo was very well looked after, super clean with lots if towels, comfy beds, two bathrooms and lovely spacious balcony overlooking the beautiful lake. It was an oasis from the craziness of the theme parks and international drive. The lake is beautiful. But still very accessible to them. Lovely selection of restaurants close by and very near walgreens, Starbucks and petrol station. The pools were lovely also. The kitchen was well equipped (but a kettle would be useful for tea drinkers like us!). The washer and dryer were also very convenient. We didnt use the theme park shuttles as we had a car. We could always find parking convenient to our unit. We were a couple but the family suite would happily accommodate a family of four, with a private bathroom ensuite for parents. We would definitely stay at the Blue Heron again!

Room Tip: In the larger sunrise suites the bedroom also overlooks the lake.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. It is always our goal to provide great service for our guest for all the services we provide. I'm sorry to hear you experienced all these issues with the van service. I have brought forth the issues with my team so we can avoid this happening with another guest in the future. We hope you will stay with us if your travels bring you back into the area in the future. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Saint George, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed at BHBR from Feb 28-March 8 2014. We have visited Disney 10-12 times and have stayed on Disney and many other condos in the area. For the value BHBR was by far the best we have ever stayed at. You may find a condo cheaper out in Davenport that is just as nice but it is so far to travel for attractions ,dining ,shopping etc. Everything you need is located within a few second/minutes of BHBR.
The beds are a bit uncomfortable but we were so exhausted after days at the parks it was not a big issue. It was quiet , very clean and staff was excellent.
I will be staying here again on my next visit to Orlando !!!!

Room Tip: The sunrise suites are the prettiest and quietest, you can still go out to the back and see the fire...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank 7Harris
It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us. Thank you so much for mentioning how positive your experience was at The Blue Heron. I am sorry the beds were not to your liking. In most units we have replaced the king mattresses and are working on the twin bedding. Mattress comfort can be such a personal choice but happy to hear that you were tired enough to sleep!
Thank you so much for the recommendation, we look forward to your return!

The Staff and Management at The Blue Heron Beach Resort
Hilliard, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

We visited in June 2013 to visit Disney, Universal and Sea World. We were hoping for a clean, comfortable and central location, and that is exactly what we got. We are pretty picky about cleanliness, and we were very happy with the condition of our unit and the furnishings. Everything inside the condo was clean, comfortable and well-maintained. The single exception was the door concealing the washer and dryer -- it was a little balky, but no big deal. Having the extra bed rooms was a real plus. We could put the younger kids to bed while the adults and older kids stayed up. The kitchen was great for having breakfast before heading out to the parks. The location was very convenient too, less than 15-20 minutes from every park, even in traffic. The views were great, and the kids loved the pool. I do wish the pools were open later, but I understand the issue of potential late evening noise for the lower units. We had a car, so we didn't use the shuttle. Maneuvering in the parking garage is a little tight, especially for bigger SUVs, but manageable. We were out most of the time, so we didn't see much of the staff, but those we did interact with with friendly and helpful. Free wifi worked well. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We sought a higher floor to get well above the mini-golf attraction in front of the condo, which has...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experiences at The Blue Heron. It is wonderful to hear that our large suites were perfect for your family. The pool hours are determined by the HOA but I will pass along your comments. I am sorry the closet door was not fixed properly but I did report it so our next guest won't have the same issue. We really appreciate your review and hope to welcome you back soon!

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Looking out onto the tranquil lake from your windows or balcony you'd think you were miles away from all the action and yet you're right in the middle of it. A bonus: fireworks displays seen from both the front and back of the units. The lakeside pool was amazing, beautiful to look at and to swim in. A slight issue with the bedroom closet door not tracking properly (we just left it open), it would have been nice to have a night table on both sides of the bed instead of just one, and the TV in the bedroom was very outdated and not great quality, but these were very minor issues. Customer service was first rate. We'd recommend this place without hesitation.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the fireworks.
3 Thank bluewater_2004
Thank you for your comments. I would like to apologize for your experience during your recent stay with us. I will surely share your notes with my staff this morning, and will ensure all concerns have been addressed. I am pleased your stay with us was a good one, minus the minor issues you stated. We are dedicated to ensuring all of our guests have a great experience with us, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We checked into the Blue Heron feeling pretty excited about it, the reviews we read were all pretty good, the pictures looked awesome and the location was perfect for what we had planned for our vacation!

Boy were we disappointed when we drove in the lot, you could tell the exterior needed some work, but figured we could look past that. Checking in was fine, but when we booked this condo, I was told we were to pay on check out but found out we had to pay on check in - which was fine but didn't like the bad information we were given.

After parking our car and dragging all our stuff upstairs and finding our suite, again I felt a pit in my stomach about the place as the outside was in rough rough shape.

The suite itself had some MAJOR issues with it, First off the door handle going into the unit was broken, the bottom part not even attached to the door, and once you enter and close it, there was no chain for the lock! So I didn't feel safe.

The master bedroom had a TV older than me (not a big deal but still) the carpet had stains everywhere, I refused to take my shoes off, the mattress caved in as soon as I sat down (i'm not a heavy person) and it just screamed "I'm about to give you major back problems!", plus the master bedroom was right in front of the front door that didn't lock...awesome!

The ensuite was big and looked new, however there was mold in the shower on the ceiling, and not a little bit but COVERED, it was disgusting!!

The tile floor throughout the unit was sticky and gross, there was a mildew smell throughout, the balcony door in the back didn't open properly and was dirty - bugs and garbage.

There was no wifi in the unit as we were told there was which makes it difficult to keep in touch with family and do any online reservations for dinners and attractions.

The only good thing I can say about this place is that once we got back down to the lobby to complain and ask if we can check out ASAP, was that they were understanding and gave us a full refund on the spot.

Room Tip: If you still want to give this place a try - get the key to your unit and check it out before you pa...
5 Thank jellybean339
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We are sorry that your trip to Orlando was not as excellent as we would have liked it to be. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to show you the great experience that we normally provide, but certainly understand your reluctance to stay. Unfortunately we were in a sold out situation and did not have rooms to show you.

Our policy is that we do not have our guests prepay, unless they have booked a non-refundable rate. Once a guest checks in we do charge the credit card.

I do agree the garage on the lower level can feel tight for large vans, but our second story parking and perimeter parking works well.

I do apologize for the carpeting and floors and have discussed this with our housekeeping staff. This is unacceptable.
We do not have WiFi in the units, just internet , however we offer it poolside and our lobby.

Most units have upgraded to new flat screens and new mattresses. I am sorry the unit you had did not have this

I am pleased to hear that Our Front Office Manager was able to refund your stay.