“Excellent value, in a great location!”

Blue Heron Beach Resort
Ranked #82 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
O'Fallon, Missouri
“Excellent value, in a great location!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment in Tower 1 for 10 days and were really pleased with it. Every room will be decorated in a different way because they are individually owned, and ours was comfortably done. I loved the full kitchen, living area and even dining table, and we had a great view from our balcony overlooking the main pool and the lake. And having the private washer and dryer is such a great convenience to have. The staff all seemed very helpful and the location is great, just outside Disney and only a 10 or 15 minute drive to everything else. They offer shuttles to the Parks, but we had our own car so didn't need to use them. From our experience, I would definitely recommend Blue Heron Beach Resort.

Room Tip: I would recommend Tower 1, just because I liked the view over the main pool and the lake.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank esd3104

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Rooms are very nice for the price. Clean and a lot of room to spread out! You won't find a better deal anywhere in the area, in my opinion. We loved having a washer/dryer in our room and enjoyed the spacious bathrooms and overall cleanliness of the place. The front desk was even nice enough to print our boarding passes for our flight the next day. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kristin n
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We spent 2 weeks in a 2 bed 12th floor apartment in Tower 1 from 17/5-31/5. To walk into this clean,spacious and fully furnished apartment after the 9hour flight was fantastic. Then to top it all you open the curtains and the view from the balcony across the lake to clear blue skies means the holiday has truly started.
Air con and fans, kitchen with large fridge/freezer, breakfast bar, lounge, 2 bathrooms and my 5 year old loved her bunk bed in the hallway, strange but worked well.
The apartment was cleaned once a week and the staff were always friendly and on hand to offer advice.
We used the complimentary shuttle service to Epcot with departure times to suit all.
The pools were always clean and a separate area just to do lengths if you want. Then the hot tub to relax.
The costs were very reasonable for what you have,includes free wifi and computer desktop/printer access, there is also ticket sales for the theme parks and other attractions in reception. Nearby are some good value restaurants including Sante Fe and CiCi's with a Starbucks just across from hotel parking.
Universal, Wet n Wild, Disney theme parks are never more than 15mins away by road. And 5mins down the road is a 24hour large Walmart.
I highly recommend the Blue Heron for families and will definitely go back when we return to sunny Florida.

1 Thank passinsd517
Hertfordshire
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My family have just returned having spent 14 nights 20 May - 3 June. We took a 2 bed deluxe apartment in Tower 1 and it was definitely worth the small upgrade price. The apartment is extremely spacious with 2 large bedrooms, bunk beds (huge) in the hallway (sounds strange but they work!) and sofabed in lounge. Our apartment was beautifully maintained with none of the problems I saw in a previous review but as stated each apartment is different. The grounds are really well kept, common areas are spotless, the views from both balconies are great (Lake Bryan one side where you can watch the sun come up and Disney fireworks on the other). Pool area was lovely and we were always able to get a sunbed (no leaving towels down at 6am). A special mention for Linda who runs the poolside bar - she is an absolute star and my kids loved her. The location is perfect for all the parks and shopping at the outlet malls, also plenty of restaurants nearby and Walgreens just across the road for all grocery essentials. Will definitely come back next time we are in Orlando!

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe Disney view room on a high level!
5 Thank Nickykg
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our family spent a week from May 25th - June 1st. We had a 2 br in tower 2 unit 404. Ever heard the term spared no expenses? Well this paticular unit was just a beautiful unit with a lovely view of the lake.However the owner spared every expense on the televisions in the unit. There was a tv in each bedroom, the master bedroom had a king bed and a television that was pushing it to be 15 inches, the one in the living room may have been 24 inches. I will say that they were all flat screens however. I have the same tv in my den at home which is a 32 inch that was in the living room so I know how inexpensive it is. The second bedroom had the 15 inch also it also had 2 twin beds. Now this unit is advertized to accomodate 6 to 8. We had 4 bath towels and 2 wash cloths. Did I mention that we had 7 staying? On one of the twin beds there was blood on the comfortor. The part with the blood was tucked in at the bottom of the bed. We arrived on Saturday May 25th, the " free wi-fi" did not work until Thursday May 7th. Every time we called about it they were "working on it". There were 2 bunk beds for the two toddlers that we had but the twin beds just don't work very well with two full grown adults. Why they didn't at least put queen size beds in I'll never know. The pull out sofa did convert to a queen but the mattress has seen it's best days. We had to call the front office to get what we needed to use the sleeper sofa.And finally the kitchen had an " old school " hand crank can opener that barely worked.I really don't want to sound like I'm picking on the resort because I know that each unit is individually owned. But it's up to the owners to do the simple things. They have a lovely resort but the things listed above need to be pointed out. Our family has spent a week in Orlando for the last two years but I will say that I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: I'm not sure that I can add any tips since each unit is individually owned.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your experience with the cleanliness of your guest room. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize, as that was not the way we typically take care of our guests. We have discussed this topic with the housekeeper who cleaned the room before your arrival, and the Supervisor who should have double-checked the room, and given the room an additional preventative maintenance cleaning. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern.I apologize again for the problems, and thank you for taking the time to let me know about it. The situation with outdated TV's is being corrected in most units. In the very near future most units will have new flat screens in both the living room and bedroom. I have also addressed the limited towels in your unit. Our internet has been an issue and we are very close to having this issue corrected for the future. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return to the area.
The Management at The Blue Heron Beach Resort
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have stayed many times at the Blue Heron since it opened in 2007 and we just love coming back here year after year, so much so that it's become an essential part of our holiday.Our last trip was April and as ever we were looked after incredibly well by all of the staff here, but a special mention has to go to Darlin who always takes such good care of us, and to be honest we are quite fussy, but nothing is ever too much trouble. Any issues that we have had are always dealt with straight away without fuss. One of the most important things in a hotel/condo for us is to have a balcony where we can relax with a drink after a nice meal out in the evening. This is what makes the Blue Heron unbeatable in Orlando as, like many have said, the view over Lake Bryan is stunning and surprisingly peaceful, something which is hard to find in this area.We prefer the 2 bedroom deluxe suite as this gives you the choice of a peaceful view over the lake, or you can sit on the balcony at the front and watch the Disney fireworks every night. The condos themselves are extremely spacious and for the price of a regular hotel room you have a fabulous 2 bedroom condo with 2 bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen and comfortable lounge. We would never stay anywhere else as we regard this as our home from home. The location is perfect for all of the theme parks and close to I4 to get you further afield if you wish. Several restaurants are within a few minutes walk and Crossroads at LBV is 20 minutes walk if you want a wider selection. Some have mentioned the busy traffic but to be honest we don't find it any worse than anywhere else in Orlando.It's taken a few years to give a review for the Blue Heron as we wanted to keep it a secret, but now I think the secret is out - The Blue Heron is the best!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank droobie2011
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience to other travelers who are wanting to make a reservation at the Blue Heron Beach Resort. Your review is greatly appreciated and well stated. I am glad you enjoyed everything that we have to offer and do hope we will see you back again soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was possibly the best resort we have stayed until now!!! The resort was clean,refreshing and ideal for families. The location is fantastic and pretty close to every attraction in the Orlando area.The property grounds are well cared for and looks lovely. The folks at the front desk are friendly and courteous. The resort offers free shuttle to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Sea world. This in itself saves you a ton of money in parking and gas!
If i could point out one single thing that makes this an awesome resort is the view!!!! We were on the 9th floor and one side it was the beautiful lake Bryan and the other side was Walt Disney resorts. There is a trail through some lush green shrubbery leading into the lake. This as refreshing as the pool. If you have kids you can't ask for anything better. My son was using his binocular to locate the elusive Heron that lives in one of the trees.
Special shout out to all the staff esp. Avery

Room Tip: Few tips: If are playing to travel somewhere please allow 15 extra minutes for the traffic in front...
4 Thank RamSTL
Thank you for choosing the Blue Heron Beach Resort on your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Orlando . Your feedback is very important to our efforts to continuously improve guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can, and letters like yours make it all worthwhile. I've shared your comments with all of our staff, and I know they take compliments like yours as seriously as I did.
I have passed on your comments regarding lounge chairs by the pool and umbrellas to our HOA who manage that area.
The Management at The Blue Heron Beach Resort