“We love this resort”

Ranked #79 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“We love this resort”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We try to stay at The Blue Heron Beach Resort several times a year. I have to request early check-in because of health issues, I have to rest every few hours and the staff has always accommodated my request. Even if we couldn't check in early, the grounds are nice enough to wait right there, there is a pool area, fitness room, tiki bar, nature walk. We love the space and always stay in the Sunrise Suite, which overlooks Lake Bryan. The resort is close to everything, shopping, restaurants, a mini golf course and the Disney parks. During the Epcot Food and Wine festival, we stay here and the front desk arranges for a taxi to take us back and forth at our request. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The parking garage is great because it keeps our vehicle out of the Florida heat. We will continue to stay here as often as we can vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rebecca A
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you again for your feedback. We truly appreciate knowing about our guest's experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
Portskewett, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed in a condo booked direct with the owner for just 2 nights to do some shopping before heading off to Clearwater for a beach holiday.

We arrived at 8.00am not expecting our condo to be ready - just wanted to drop off our cases so we had room in the boot for shopping! However, the lovely lady on reception said although our allocated condo wasn't ready she would check if there was another one ready - there was and she swapped us to that one so we could go straight it. Very good service.
We had a one bed condo on the 9th floor overlooking the lake - it was very nice and comfortable with a fully equipped kitchen - I was most impressed that there was a real kettle!! There must be quite a few Brits who stay there!
It was spotlessly clean -only very minor issue was the arm chair in the living room was fraying so really now needs to be replaced - but I must stress that's just a very minor observation in what was a very nice stay.
I would say you need a car - although we didn't go to the parks I did notice there were only 2 buses in the morning and one back in the afternoon.
We wanted to go to the outlet malls and Vineland is literally 1 1/2 miles away -perfect.
I noticed someone earlier mentioned the tight car park and you do have to be careful negotiating the quite tight turns although the spaces themselves are huge like most US car parks.
Great stay and for the money I wouldn't hesitate to stay again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sarahms
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Clean and tidy. Nice big pool and views of the lake in the morning are great to start off the day. Convenient to restaurants, shopping, disney and seaworld. Only complaint I had was the indoor parking area, it was hard to maneuver around in the tight spaces that they had. I would definitely stay here again though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us. The staff certainly appreciates it !
I am sorry you had some difficulty with tight parking. I realize that a lager vehicle can be a challenge. Thank you for your input on this.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed in a deluxe suite on the 18th floor. The apartment was huge with a king size bed in the master room, bunk beds in the hall & two single beds in the 2nd bedroom. I think the sofa also converted into a bed. There was a balcony off the master bedroom facing disney (you can watch the nightly fireworks) not a great issue if you don't have this view as we only watched them once out of our 14nights stay & a balcony off the livingroom with a lovely view over the lake. The kitchen was a good size with all the necessary. The pools were always empty which was a bonus. We especially loved the location & will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I wouldn't pay any extra to have a disney view as we barely used the balcony on that side of the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sunrise7moz
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed 6 nights in a 2 bedroom deluxe suite with 2 young children and 3 adults. It was our first time to Florida and our first family vacation. I do not regret staying here at all. Check in and check out was a breeze. I had no trouble at all. The room was very clean and nicely furnished. You can't beat the price for what you get. I could not use the internet because the wi-fi wouldn't connect but I did not ask for assistance either so I can't blame the hotel on that one. The water pressure in the master bedroom was not strong enough for us and the dryer made a horrific loud noise. The hotel offers shuttle service to Epcot and Seaworld at certain times. We did take advantage of the shuttle and the drivers were always on time if not early. You do have to transfer shuttles depending on what park you want to go to. For example to get to Magic Kingdom we had to get shuttled to Epcot and take two monorails to reach our destination but it beats paying to park and waiting in the long line. The great thing about the shuttle services is that it is complimentary. There are shops, restaurants, and a Walmart very close to the hotel. The pool area was very clean and the water was very warm. There is a main pool, hot tub, and two children's pools. There is a near by golf course and boat rental to take advantage of for additional costs. I am very surprised by some of the negative reviews! The problems I mentioned above are not going to happen in every condo. All in all our stay was great and I will stay again next year.

Room Tip: People that do not like noise during their stay should avoid the front condos in tower two because t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank brittney718
Boulder Creek, California
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My recent stay at the Blue Heron was a pleasure. There was plenty of room for me and my husband, my brother-in-law, a niece and two nephews. We had the master suite, while two of the kids slept in the bunkbeds and my brother-in-law and his youngest son slept on the pull out couch. The view from our room of the pool and the lake was beautiful! We really enjoyed getting up in the morning and making coffee and breakfast in the fully equiped kitchen. I personally liked the fact that I could wash & dry the wet swimwear after being in the pool. It was nice not having to share a bathroom and my jaccuzi tub with the kids. The staff was very friendly and the free shuttle to Disney World and Epcot was a bonus. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a little more room and likes the comfort of home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bouldercreeker
Kiruna, Sweden
Reviewed May 9, 2013

A resaonably priced resort, adequate pool, clean throughout property, we had a one bedromm condo with full kitchen, dishwasher and washer/dryer. The resort was nice and quiet throughout our stay, would definately return

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family