Floridays Resort
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$338
$289
$261
$191
$127
$286
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$149
$138
$170
$159
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$176
$493
$391
Hotels.com
8,879 results
All reviewsbuilding bfull kitchenpalm cafebedroom suitewasher and dryerpublix supermarketinternational drivemain poolpool areapremium outletssmaller poolhome away from homemaster bathsea worldstayed in buildingkids loved the poolminute drive
Reviewed April 29, 2007

For families with the small kids it's a great place to stay. Please note - we had our own car and were able to drive around. If you are thinking of using the shuttle - please call hotel and ask about it.

First of all - heated zero-entrance pool which means I was able to leave my 2 years old and 4 years old to splash all by themselves in the shallow end of the pool and watch them while I was sitting in the chair. It has all kind of sprinkles and fountains for kids that love to play with the water. Pool was open till 11 pm so we were able to let kids play after the day in the parks for several minutes. They also allow food in the pool area (no glass though) which is good for small kids that are constantly hungry. Plenty of towels - very good quality and very clean.

2 bedrooms apartment - separate bedroom for kids, separate bathroom for kids.

Publix supermarket right around the corner - 1 minute drive. You can also walk there for about 15 minutes in case you need juice or chicken nuggets or some other stuff you forget to bring.

3 TV sets - one in each of the bedrooms, one in the living room. I was excited do not watch cartoons every morning - kids watched few minutes of the cartoons in their bedroom while I was preparing breakfast in the fully equipped kitchen.

Added bonus - they had reasonable Sushi place near the supermarket so my husband and me were able to have a nice take out dinner at night.

Apartment was about 1000 sq ft and a little cramped to my taste. Chairs and tables a little too big for the room. They also big on fake plants which I do not really like. Bathrooms and kitchen are very up-to-date. Granite counter tops everywhere, glass shower enclosure, jacuzzi.

So to my great surprise we had a very relaxing vacation which with 2 and 4 year old kids is kind of hard to get.

Stayed: April 2007
10  Thank go_away_quick
Reviewed April 28, 2007

We stayed 6 nights in a 2 bedroom unit, 3rd floor in building B with a pond view. As the master bedroom is in the rear of the unit, we only had a noise problem on a Saturday night. However my daughter and her friend in the front bedroom said they were awakened by noise at night and in the morning. We were also fairly close to the elevators. I attribute to the general inconsideration of others and this you cannot predict. I would definitely request a pond view further from the elevator in either B or C. Some minor maintenance issues that weren't bothersome; slow draining sink, sliding door didn't lock. Found the unit to be very clean, attractive, the kitchen immaculate. We were told that housekeeping would make beds, change sheets, empty trash and replenish towels. They did that, though didn't change sheets till I left a note. Towels are plentiful, good quality, and there was always a cart in the hall if we needed more. The construction next door wasn't bothersome, though didn't add to the ambience. The concierge and front desk were helpful. Other than that, little contact with staff. The resort attitude is very relaxed, towels were plentiful at the pool. Always managed to find chairs even though we were never out early. My primary complaint was the lack of wireless internet in the rooms. There was easy access in the pool and cafe area. Overall I would highly recommend this resort (it's not a timeshare). They do sell the units and will manage them as rental properties. The location was convenient to all venues, yet away from the chaos of the northern part of International Drive. Everyone was happy with the amount of space and privacy of the unit and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank sherry68
Reviewed April 27, 2007

As with the previous positive reviews, me and the family had a fawless stay at Floridays, Stayed in Block C, which is very convienant for both pools, but does not have the noise associated with block B. There is construction taking place, but this is from the resort next door.

Staff on the whole were friendly and helpful, a tip would be to call housekeeping rather then the front desk for any maintenance issues as we found this to be a far more responsive method.

All the main shops are convienantly located as the resort is on the north end of the I drive so the more classy end in comparison to the south end. You will still however need a car to get to the parks although the resort does provide a shutlle service, sea world is a 20 minute walk away.

One word of warning for those flying from the U.K, we flew with virgin on two occassions and found the service at best inconsistent and at worst poor, especially for a family orientated carrier, there was no family focus at all. Would definately suggest booking with alternatives.

10  Thank Jiggythat
Reviewed April 25, 2007

We just got back from an 8-day stay there. I would say it is a tremendous value for the money. A 3BR/2BA condo for $220 a night in a convenient location with a real nice pool. Clean and good, not great service. It is a timeshare, but we were never pressured in any way to buy. BUT, you have to iunderstand when staying at these types of places, they do not have the service mentality of actual 4 and 5 star hotels. Compared to another similarly priced/eqipped time-share resort we stayed at in Grand Cayman 2 yrs. ago, the service here was far and away better. Still, the night we checked in a woman guest was in the lobby throwing a hissy because her in-room coffee packets weren't replaced daily and she had stayed at 5-star resorts where they do that. Well, you won't get a 3BR condo at a 5-star reort for $220 per night either. And some 5-stars charge $6 for the mediocre in-room coffee. Sorry. The pool is wonderful, huge, a neat little shallow water park type set-up at one end. The poolside cafe/bar was great and I would not call it overpriced, though one of the bartenders was abit skimpy on the booze in a $7 drink, IMO. The furnishings in the rooms are kinda cheap hotel type stuff and the main living area was a bit cramped because the dining room table and chairs were a bit large for the room. Overall, WELL worth it. Would definitely go there again.

8  Thank JJinMI
Reviewed April 25, 2007

I just got back from an unforgettable weekend in Orlando centered around Floridays Resort. I threw a bachelorette weekend here with 13 girls and we fit comfortably into the 3-bedroom suite. The only trouble we encountered were a noise complaint one night, so beware of
thin walls, and a lack of lounge chairs at the pools. Other than these two tiny problems, the resort was amazing. We especially loved how large the condo was and the bathrooms were adequate for big parties as well. It was very nice having a big screen TV with a DVD player too. The Publix down the street was convenient and saved us a lot of money enabling us eat in. I reccommend this resort to large groups. We caught vans into City Walk and to Church Street and this was a fairly cheap service from Floridays!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends