“Great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Toronto
“Great!”

Great!
This was a great resort. We stayed in building E.
However, the shuttle to Disney is not on demand. It runs twice in the morning (8 and 9.15 am) and twice at night (6.15 and 9.45). It only stops at Epcot.

• Liked — The spacious apartments, kitchen, laundry.
4 Thank canswede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,804)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2007

I just got back from spending 3 nights at Floridays... 3 adults and 1 child. I was a little reluctant just because of its name, but finally decided on that because it was cheaper than The Fountains, The Hilton Grand Vacations and Sheraton Vistatana. All of these resorts are within a 1/2 mile of each other.

When we arrived at the resort it looked just like the pictures. I had a quick and easy check in. My room was in building C on the first floor. LIke the previous review I also faced the fountain and could see the pool from my room. Only drawback is that I had to look through a bush of some sort, not a big deal to me at all.

The room itself was VERY CLEAN as was the entire resort. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. Plenty of dishes and cooking utensils. The room also has a washer and dryer which was a big plus as well. The master bedroom has very nice big bathroom with a whirlpool tub and separate shower. However, this bathroom was poorly lit as well. The other bedroom has 2 nice double beds and a big tv as well. The only drawbacks to the 2nd bedroom is that it is poorly lit and the light from the outside hallway shines into the room even with the blinds closed.

The pool area was really nice as well. My son loved it. The deepest area is only 5 feet. The hot tub was nice as well. There is also a separate pool area of about 4 feet that shoots out a fountain, that pool seemed to be rarely used though. I could hear people at 8 or 9 in the morning in the pool until it closed around 11 at night. The pool gets crowded rather quickly and stays that way, but I think there is plenty of chairs and tables to sit at. There is a nice bar area facing the pool as well. The game room is pretty small with only a few games as is the kids play room. Though I never used it the marketplace served some hot food and cold food and the prices didn't seem too bad when I walked in.

If you can't get into building B then C is your next best choice. The higher letter in the alphabet the furher away you are from the pool. Other postings have commented on the annoying construction taking place next door at the Fountains. That is not a problem in Building C. From my room I could only hear and see the construction if I came outside to leave.

The resort itself is only 7 miles from Universal, 3 miles from Seaworld and real short drive to downtown Disney. RIght around the corner is a very nice designer outlet Going past the outlet will lead you right to International Drive were there are several restaurants to eat and downtown Disney. Also there is another strip mall with a Walgreens and Publix grocery store. For the
drinkers there is a liqour store in this strip mall as well, but it is way overpriced.

The only damper I had on my trip was that on my second night we didn't receive any housekeeping service, no new towels nor beds made. At check out I mentioned this to the front desk rep who then made a call (after a few minutes of discussing) to the manager of housekeeping and I received a $20 credit for that day.

I got a 2 bedroom suite for a little over $600 for 3 nights. Well worth the money, I am sure they next time I visit the price will have jumped. We talked to several other guests at the resort and they all loved it just as much as we did! GREAT GREAT STAY!

• Liked — Price, location, cleanliness, appearance
  • Disliked — nothing...loved everything
8 Thank edub02
Middle England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2007

We have just returned to the UK following an 11 night stay at the Floridays resort. We travelled independently and booked the accommodation based on the reviews here. I am glad to say we were not disappointed. The resort staff are very friendly, helpful and courteous. Our family of four were accommodated in Block C overlooking the lake and pool and furthest from the nearby construction work. However I can only echo some of the points made in other recent posts that the work never commenced before 7am and caused us no inconvenience.

The rooms are superb and very well equipped for self catering although I must add that this is the first time we have stayed in Condo style apartments (everything is relative!).The supersize beds were extremely comfortable. The children loved their own room and TV. They were able to use the bathroom as their own "ensuite" while we had the spacious ensuite and jacuzzi bath to ourselves.

Big plus points for us were the pool although we only used it on three short occasions and the resort cafe selling Starbucks Coffee. The poolside restrooms are worthy of mention - there are immaculately clean and spacious. The proximity of a decent supermarket was a bonus. Publix - if you are feeling so inclined, is a short walk away in the small shopping mall with adjacent Walgreens. For British (or International) Visitors the UPS store is very accomodating and provides easy access to International Postage. The Subway is handy for grabbing some lunch en-route to a fun packed day out.

The location could not be bettered. Situated on I-Drive but at the quieter less developed southern end Floridays is an oasis of calm yet there is easy access to Sea World and Discovery Cove (7mins) and - from Spring 2008 - "Aquatica". Disney can be reached via SR536 or SR535(15mins). The Interstate I-4 passes close by and is accessed very easily for journeys up to Universal, Downtown Orlando or Tampa (in our case Busch Gardens).The Outlet Retail Mall is practically around the corner on Vineland Avenue and can be reached in 5mins if retail therapy is your thing! Alternatively D.P's Dixie Stampede is practically opposite the Outlet Mall. There are numerous restuarants in the vicinity all of which require the use of a car or the I-Ride Trolleybus onto Vineland. We ate at the nearby "Outback Steakhouse" on one evening and the food was excellent but be sure to get in early.

Finally if you are arriving by Air into OIA, the journey to and from the airport could not be simpler. Directions on the website. Remember to have some money handy for the tolls!

Overall an excellent place to stay. I would not hesitate to recommend to friends and family. Go ahead and book - you know you want to!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Hard to find fault.
10 Thank TinpusherCheshire
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2007

We went to the Floridays Resort because we wanted a nice, but reasonably priced vacation. In our group there was two young couples. We had an absolutely fabulous time. Reception was just wonderful, and very accommodating to our questions and requests throughout the week.

Before heading to the resort I read reviews on this website and decided to call ahead to request a room away from construction with a nice view. We were placed in building C (rm 405) a 2 bdrm/2bth suite,and it was fabulous! The full kitchen was well equipped with granite countertops, dishwasher, garbage disposal etc. Other reviews mentioned no laundry/dishwasher soap but they do indeed give you these supplies in your room when you arrive along with Starbucks coffee and Crabtree & Evelyn products. They are also more than willing to refill these as needed. There was a balcony with a small table where we ate most of our meals. It even included an outdoor ceiling fan and light. The view was great, as requested. We could see the pool, but weren't directly over it for noise reasons, and we had direct view of a pond/fountain area. It was quite lovely.

The rooms were very nice. There were two double beds in one room with a TV and the bathroom was next door. The master bedroom had a king size bed, TV and an ensuite bath. The bathroom was huge with a whirlpool tub and separate shower. It was quite lovely. The only complaint about the rooms was the lack of lighting in the smaller bedroom, it was a bit dim unless you opened the blinds - but then you were looking into the corridor of the hotel (not very private).

The pool areas were gorgeous with hot tubs, palm trees, even a sandy area. Be forewarned, people go down early and use towels to book the lounge chairs around the main pool. If you want one during the day you will most likely have to do the same, especially for a group of 4, or go to the smaller pool. We were informed that the third pool/waterpark area won't be built until later this year and into 2008.

Be careful if using the Disney/SeaWorld shuttle. Make sure you know where and when you are getting picked up. At the end of the day the shuttle never came and we waited over 30 minutes for it. We finally took another shuttle back to the resort, although reception was very accomodating and paid the expense of $20 before calling their own shuttle company to inquire about the problem.

Overall, we had a wonderful time. At the resort, it often felt like the Caribbean more than Orlando with the palm trees, landscaping and poolside bar and grill. We ended up having a fabulous time at this beautiful resort. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to take a great vacation to Orlando. It is close to everything (2 min from Publix, Walgreens, and premier outlets) and it provides a beautiful, relaxing, vacation.

• Liked — Quality and of the room and the pool area
  • Disliked — Shuttle services
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
12 Thank CanadaSunny_Traveler
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2007

I booked this hotel based on the reviews and happy to say they were all accurate. We stayed at Floridays for a family vacation and had a 2 bedroom suite for 2 adults, 2 seniors, 1 toddler and a baby. The suite was located in Bldg F at the back of the resort (a "fireworks" view room- yes we did see fireworks!). It was extremely quiet (no construction noise), but you had to drive to the pool.

The suite was spacious enough for us even with the long and narrow room set up. We requested and received a highchair and crib (playpen) very promptly. There were no linens for the crib however. Appreciated all the luxury amenities (ie. TV, Crabtree toiletries and Starbucks coffee). The pool area was great and they even had a playroom for the young ones. The location of the resort is great (loved that it was so close to the Premium Outlets). We were also able to get to Disney and Sea World with ease.

Housekeeping was indeed a bit spotty and yes the resort lacked landscaping with "green" areas. That being said, the positive points far outweigh the negatives. It was a great stay and would hope to be back again soon.

Tip: If you book early enough (Floridays website), the rate is only US$150/nite for 2 bdrm Sun-Thur stay. Excellent value!!!

• Liked — The luxurious amenities, location
  • Disliked — Housekeeping, lack of nice landscaping
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank TheWongClan
russell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2007

We absolutely loved the Floridays. It has everything you could ever want or need. Only a couple of blocks from the Premium outlet mall, and a short 5 minute drive to Seaworld. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone!

• Liked — Ammenities
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank sfrieze
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2007

I was looking for a place with 2 bedrooms and came across the Floridays. Did some homework (as I was a travel agent for many years) and it sounded fine and the price was very doable. It was less than a yr. old, so how bad could it be. Well, let me tell you it was great. Publix was around the corner as was a hugh outlet mall. The kitchen was well equiped, the bedrooms were large and the master bath was very large. They had a shuttle to Disney, Sea World and Universal. We were 4 adults and they have a quiet pool as well as a great main pool. I would tell any of my clients and friend to give it a try.

5 Thank pelny