“This is a wonderful resort so make sure you read as many reviews as possible to get an acurate picture.”

Floridays Resort Orlando
Ranked #20 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Freedom, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

We saw a lot of really good ratings for this resort and we were not disappointed. For an unbelievably low price we had a three bedroom, two bath unit with a kitchen, dining room, living room, balcony, and washer dryer combo. There was a king sized bed in the master bedroom with a large Jacuzzi and walk-in shower in the master bath. There were two double beds and a TV in each of the other two rooms. The kitchen was very well equipped, and since it was just after the holidays, my wife was even able to make a complete turkey dinner for her children and grandchildren who we were visiting and had staying with us. It was very clean and everything looked new. Because the weather was very cold, it barely reached 50o, we stayed in our unit for most of the time. But we had plenty of room, and even hooked up a WII game system to the huge flat screen TV.

They had a very nice pool area, that we hear was heated, but we opted not to try out. There was also a game room and exercise area. The property is located between Disney and Universal, and Sea World and Auquatica are right down the road. There is a grocery store right down the road and plenty of shopping and restaurants close by.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. When we called and asked about the internet access they said we could come down at any time and pick up a cable if we needed it. About five minutes later there was a knock on the door and someone was dropping off the cable for us. We had a problem with one of our keycards and a short time later someone was dropping off a new set. We asked for extra towels and again someone else dropped off a stack of extra towels.

Something to keep in mind is that this is a timeshare type condo area. The only thing that housekeeping does daily is make the beds and change out the towels, etc. Although they are selling the unused units off like a hotel room, it is still a timeshare. It is a luxury condo that is normally rented out like a vacation home so you don’t get daily maid service like in a hotel. There is also a daily condo fee that covers the shuttle, parking, internet, etc. (I think it was about $12.00 a day) That is how timeshares work. When I was checking this resort out, I’m pretty sure almost all of the travel sites were pretty clear, and some even highlighted this information at the top of the descriptions. I would hate to think people were giving this resort lower marks because of information they should have been aware of before they even made their reservations.

But even though this is a timeshare location, there was never any high pressure sales pitch forced on us. If we wanted to attend meeting they would take $100.00 off the bill, but we were never harassed about it. We have had to deal with that before and we really appreciated not having that happen here.

We were very pleased with everything and would definitely stay at Floridays again the next time we are in Orlando.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Freedom_Fliers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,821)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

My husband and I along with our 3 year old daughter stayed at Floridays in a two-bedroom condo. I have to say we were very happy with the accommodations. We stayed in one of the newer buildings "E". Note, this building is not too close to the main building that has the larger pool, but we enjoyed a short walk through the parking lot to get there. If you prefer a closer walk you should request it when your booking. The condo was very clean and supplied all the utensils needed except we needed a frying pan which we got in a matter of 10 minutes after calling the front desk. We cooked breakfast every day and we enjoyed eating out on the patio.

One other problem we had was with the AC vent in the master bathroom. It would make a very loud noise every time it would turn on and it disturbed our sleep. The following morning we called guest services and the maintenance person came in, couldn't fix it at first, but was determined to resolve the problem. By the end of the day it was fixed AND the front desk called each time to verify that the person had arrived and made a follow-up call to make sure we were satisfied and the problem was resolved. Impeccable customer service, it was refreshing! We had all the luxuries of being in our own home. Washer/dryer, comfortable beds, very nice kitchen and dining room table and comfortable furniture in the living room area. Aside from some noisy late night guests, we were extremely happy and I'm sure if we had called the desk to complain, they would have resolved that issue immediately. There is also a smaller pool near the back buildings where we stayed and it was very nice and quiet. The concierge service is great and you can purchase all your park tickets, etc. through them. Again, can't say enough about this place and a great value for the money we spent. SeaWorld is less than 10 minutes away and Disney is 15 minutes away, perfect location. Simple hotel rooms were more expensive so we felt like we got a great deal. Can't wait to go back again next year! Don't hesitate, great find.

Cheap eats and great food - Bahama Breeze. Also, Carrabas was very good, a little pricier but not outrageous. Awesome soups.

Eastern Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

We just returned from a five night stay at the Floridays and had a great time. We had a three bedroom suite which worked perfectly for us. Our party was my husband, myself, our two children, aged 7 and 2 and his parents, so we were a party of 6. The three bedroom suite was perfect for us, we gave his parents the master suite and we took the other end bedrooms which kept any noises we might each make far enough not to wake the others. The full kitchen was great for breakfasts before we hit the parks. They are very upfront about the minimal housekeeping, and they do offer further cleaning at an extra charge. They are also very upfront about it not being super secure - don't leave anything in your car and use the room safe for valuables you don't take with you. We left laptops and cameras in the safe when we didn't need them, left golf clubs in the room with no problems. Housekeeping replaces towels and amenities (soaps etc) and makes the beds every day, anything more will involve a charge. We don't love our room being invaded and fully cleaned when we're on vacation so this was perfect for us. we asked for more paper towels and specific coffee (non-decaf) and they obliged no problem. It really worked out very well for our group and we'd definitely stay here again.

1 Thank BetChester
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

I closely scrutinized several resorts, including reading all the good and bad on this site. I was still skeptical but when we got to Floridays I was impressed. Checked-in on a Saturday afternoon, no wait at check-in or check-out - fast service. Only thing at check-in that could have improved was a little more of an introduction to the resort itself. We easily found our room and we were pleasantly surprised. Very clean! I did a bed bug check and none found - no problems. Very clean new mattresses. I had also read about how noisy it could be and was worried because it was spring break week. I found it to be very quiet with the exception of a small dog that went crazy barking at 8 am every morning for a few mornings. Other than that no problem. I would say it's nosier to sleep in the bedroom that faces the outside walkway. You may hear carts being pushed up and down or people talking.

Housekeeping and all the service staff went above and beyond. The front desk professionals were highly responsive. Housekeeping replaces the towels daily, there was dish soap (both liquid and powder for the dishwasher) and starter laundry detergent (no fabric softener). They provide a new sponge for any hand washing of dishes. They provide hand and bath soaps, shower gel, body lotion, shampoo and conditioner - which they replaced daily if needed. There are beach towels at the pool. No mold in the baths - very clean. In fact, I found we were missing a spatula. I called the front desk and they sent a new one right over. I found the frying pan was really badly scratched up with the Teflon coating fraying and asked if it could be replaced, they quickly did so with a brand new one.

We didn't think there was internet in our rooms, but there is free internet hook up - you need to bring an Ethernet cable or ask the front desk for a cable. They will provide one at no charge if you return it. I thought that was nice. The fitness center was small and new, all LifeFitness equipment. 2 Elliptical machines, 2 treadmills, 1 recumbent bike. Weight machines that cover all the major muscle groups. I liked that they provided sanitary wipes to clean the machines (although they did run out of these), hand sanitizer, water, and towels. On one particularly busy day they ran out of everything, but eventually did come to replace them. Busiest time in the workout room seemed to be 10 am - 11 am.

Pool was fabulous!! The main pool was very nicely heated. We had unseasonably cold weather and were there really so my daughter could swim. We didn't come to Orlando to do theme parks, my 6 year old really just wanted a great pool and it was. The outside temp was a windy 67 degrees but if you stood near the edge of the pool you could feel the heat from it. The water was like bath water -- definitely, really enjoyed it. there are 4 lap lanes on one end of the main pool and a great kids area for little ones. No life guard on duty but we didn't encounter any rough housing problems. The pool is 5 ft deep in the center. There's another smaller pool and hot tub over near the back buildings.

The onsite market has all the basics, no butter, but everything else. Floridays is in an excellent location - you could walk to Publix - the supermarket which is new and nice. There isn't a full side walk to it so I wouldn't recommend it necessarily but it's very close. The refrigerator has an ice maker in it. There's also a McDonald's, Outback, and Panera nearby. I would buy bottled water because the water in Florida has a sulfuric smell and chlorine or something that is strong enough to change the flavor of your coffee. LOVED the Starbucks starter pack of coffee provided! It made one 10 - 12 cup pot.

Beds were very comfortable. Slept great there. I had read the temperature boxes were locked, but ours wasn't and we had no problem adjusting it if we wanted. There's an in room safe. Also loved the jacuzzi in the master bedroom.

All in all a GREAT vacation that was relaxing!! We were impressed by the excellent service. I was very impressed that every single staff member went above and beyond!! You just don't see that that often. For example, the man who brought the frying pan and the spatula also asked if we needed anything else and then offered to bring additional garbage bags (he could see we might need them). I was prepared for them not to take the garbage because I had read here that was a problem, but they fixed it. Good management at Floridays I would say.

2 Thank familyofthree_10
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

We decide to go on a family vacation during what we thought was a decent part of the year, well after days of planning and many websites visited and phone numbers called I finally found a place that had everything we needed to enjoy our vac. We have two young children ages 2 yrs and 7 months old. When we got to the resort we thought everything was great nice room nice view great ammentities, well didn't last long. Started to notice little things no pillowcases on the beds, lipstick still on coffee mugs, stovetop wasn't even attached to the stove it was just sitting there. So we let those things go because it was no big deal but, then we went to the pool which before I even booked with this hotel I called down there and verified that the pools were in fact heated and I was assured they were heated to 84 DEGREES--- because again I have two small children who love to play in the water as kids do. Needless to say I was quite disapointed when my two year old did not even want to go back in the water because it was so COLD, I went to the front desk I was assured that the pool was 84 degrees and they would have engineering check the temp. So the next day we went back down to the pool to try it again, same results, this time I called the front desk to tell them the pool was still not any warmer then before I would not doubt it a bit if the pool at this point was 65 degrees or not far off. So again I was assured that there pool was kept at 84 degrees, but yet other people staying here were going elswhere to use other resorts pools! So three days later we tried the pool again, imagine this STILL COLD, this time I went back to the front desk and I was quite shocked to hear again that the pool is kept at 84 degrees. Well I assured them that their pool was in fact NOT 84 degrees because everyone we talked to at the resort was complaining, and I've never heard anyone complain about 84 degree water! So I expressed how dissapointed I was with our stay, Charlotte really tried to make it up to us but at this point our vacation was over and it was really too late. Maybe we expected too much but with a family of five we payed the extra hard earned money to have some of the extras and I feel we were jipped out of a good bit of our time and money for what we received. So I don't think we will be giving this place another go anytime soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you check out the website seems alittle strange that half the resorts site plan isn't even built yet all it say's in little print is that they are expanding and to call, but when you check in their cards tell you that the " Phase two coming soon " in bold print over top of that half of the resort, so maybe that was my fault that half the resort I was expecting to see wasn't even there!

1 Thank fatherdude
massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

We just returned from a week long stay at Floridays, our second stay in 3 years. We stayed in a three bedroom unit over looking the lagoon and pool. We loved the location of the unit and the view. We were happy to find the unit very quiet, no noise traveled through the walls, that is something that drives me crazy in hotels. Unfortunately, and I'm not sure why, when neighbors allowed their doors to slam shut it shook our door and was quite loud. You could hear a lot of noise through the door as people talked in the halls. We were so happy to have the dishwasher and laundry, and were told at check-in what to expect from housekeeping- not much! Our unit was basically clean when we checked in. We did spend some time in the sandy area by the pool, and the kids found cigarette butts in the sand- gross! Can't really blame the hotel for that. Our impression was that we were staying at a family resort, but at the pool area at certain times it got a little rowdy. Not sure if they were guests or not? Which brings me to our biggest concern with Floridays- there is absolutely no security. No other resort we have been to or heard about let the public have free access to the grounds, pool, cars and guests!!!! We were careful about leaving anything in our car overnight, and didn't feel totally secure walking around at night. We had multiple fast food menus slipped under our door each day! How hard would it be to put up a security gate? That is almost a deal breaker for us, but you get such great accomadations and location for such a relatively small price.

3 Thank nerfdog
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

We just returned from a 5 night stay in a two room suite at Floridays. We were very happy with the location, the room, and the staff. We had a bulb burn out in the shower stall in the master bath on our third day there, and it was fixed within two hours of my call to report it. The concierge was very friendly and helpful, as were the other staff members. It was extremely conventient to have a full kitchen and washer/dryer. I was surprised at how well stocked the kitchen was as far as utensils go). It is extremely helpful to have that second bedroom for the kids, so that they can go to bed early and the adults won't disturb them by watching tv, doing laundry, etc. There are a ton of fliers under the door at all hours, which is a little annoying, but we never ordered from any of those places after reading other reviews. There is WiFi available in the room, but it is not wireless, so bring a network cable. They have a few at the front desk, but I had my own. There is a Publix and a Walgreens right around the corner, as well as an outlet mall. I would not recommend the Benihana restaurant that is located by the Floridays entrance. It is a total ripoff!

Overall, I was extremely satisfied, and I would definitely return for another stay.

1 Thank lewisvs