“Bad Start but Good Stay”
Review of Floridays Resort

Floridays Resort
Ranked #18 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

My check-in at the Floridays was the most upsetting experience I have had on any vacation I have been on.

From other guest experiences on tripadvisor I was mindful that there would be some charges not reflected in my booking however I was surprised though not troubled to hear about an incidental expense authorisation which would be made on my card. It is even boldly written at the reception. Seeing this and as I was using a debit card, I asked that the authorisation for the accommodation be taken on one card and then the incidental in another. Unfortunately the front desk officer posted the total amount on one card, found out she had made a mistake and tried several reversals and re-Authorisations which now blocked my card. What upset me most however was that the Manager, I think her name was Ebeni was very uncouth in the way she handled the issue. She did not apologise but rather even questioned me like I was the one who made the error. Surprisingly she insisted that the incidentals must be taken on the 2nd card before she would allow us into our apartment. I had a 6week old baby with me, my wife and 3 other kids less than 10 years. I was so upset and having come from a 15 hour flight I thought it best not to argue. When I checked my statement later that day on the 2nd card, the authorisation had been done twice. Even though this was reversed after 2 days and my 1st debit card unblocked. Ebeni in each instance I met with her was rather unapologetic. This is really sad and fortunately though, was far from the experience I had with other staff at the hotel.

The hotel is well situated on International drive. It is close (walking distance) to excellent outlet shopping, nice fine dining options and then a large Publix supermarket for your groceries and things you may need during your stay.

Hotel has lively grounds and an excellent main pool by the reception which kept the kids busy on the days we were not exploring Orlando. The apartments I must say are very well equipped and really comfortable. We were a family of 6 so we stayed in 2 bed apartment.

I must add that the hotel offered free shuttle buses to Epcot and universal studio which is very convenient if you don't have a car. The ladies at the concierge are very nice and helpful with information on Orlando and you can purchase Universal Studio tickets from them. They don't sell Disney tickets but you can purchase these from the Outlet Mall at Vineland which is a 10min walk or 2 minute taxi ride away.

Other than my unpleasant experience while checking in, we enjoyed our stay at Orlando and the comfort of the hotel sure added to this. I will not hesitate to recommend a stay for any family.

Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Dupri00
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Floridays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that our two-bedroom suites were comfortable and well-equipped for your family’s needs. It is lovely to hear that your kids enjoyed spending time by our main pool. We are glad that you enjoyed our convenient proximity to the restaurants and the Orlando Premium Outlets as well. We appreciate you mentioning how helpful you found our Concierge team to be in providing you with information of Orlando. On the other hand, we are so sorry to hear that your check-in process did not reflect our usual pleasant experience and that you didn’t feel our Front Office team was as helpful as we would have hoped. Please accept our sincere apologies regarding this and for any inconvenience you experienced with the credit card authorization policy. Please note that the incidental hold is not a charge and serves the purpose of covering any charges that a guest might incur throughout their stay. We care about your feedback and we have shared your comments with our team as we are committed to providing the utmost service to all of our guests. Nevertheless, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are thankful for your recommendation. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back the next time you are in Orlando!

Write a ReviewReviews (8,434)

Reviewed August 20, 2014

3 bedroom 2 bath apartment. Complete with kitchen (dishwasher) and a washer and dryer. It's like - home away from home. At least that's what it felt like to me as I stayed at the Floridays Resort while visiting the Orlando, FL area. If ever I make a return trip to Orlando, Floridays will definitely be on my list of places to look in to staying.

I didn't take advantage of the pool or any of the other on-site amenities but from what I could see, it's definitely family friendly. Lots of kids in the pool area. Bar for the adults and though I didn't look for it, I heard there was a gift shop as well as an area for dining. Probably not a formal sit down restaurant - more like a walk up counter cafe.

Lots of parking so you're not walking miles after standing in lines all day at the nearby attractions (Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios to name a few). Stairs and elevators so you're not having to climb stairs. Only problem is that there weren't many areas to just sit outdoors and relax. With all the space available on the property, I was surprised there wasn't a park area.

Another thing about this resort - no shuttle to and from the airport. Shuttles available to the attractions but from the Orlando International Airport to this property, it's right around $50, not including gratuity. Make sure the cab driver doesn't take you on the scenic route otherwise, you'll definitely pay more.

Housekeeping does not vacuum until after you check out. Towels and bedding are replaced and the beds are made. Trash is also taken out and the bathrooms are tidied up.

Overall, the apartment was clean - everything was functioning properly - AC, water, refrigerator etc.

It's away from the busy areas of I-Drive but still close enough that you're not driving forever to get to where you need to go. If it matters, there's a Benihana's right next door and within walking distance is a pretty good size shopping, strip mall and an Outlet Center.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Ran C

Ran, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your stay at Floridays Resort! It is excellent to know that the great amenities featured in our spacious two-bedroom suites made you feel right at “home” during your stay with us. We would like to share that besides our daily refresh service which includes making the beds, emptying the trash bins, replacing the bathroom amenities and towels, we also provide complimentary full cleaning for every eight nights that our guests stay with us. Thank you for commenting on the marketplace located inside the Palm Café. Guests can purchase snacks, beverages, and several essential items at the marketplace as well. In regards to the airport transportation, we do not offer a shuttle service to the airport however, we would be happy to assist you in making arrangements with one of our transportation partners. We are delighted to be considered as one of your top choice of accommodations in Orlando. Thank you for selecting Floridays Resort and hopefully, next time you visit us you will have the chance to fully experience all of the amenities that our resort has to offer including our two beautiful pools. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Good location for most of the attractions, especially Aquatica, Seaworld and Discovery Cove. Also good for Kissimmee. Checking in could be slicker but other than that staff were friendly and helpful. Any issues raised were dealt with. Space of the apartment is good and the facilities. Probably showing some maintenance problems with age, we had incessant dripping taps - this is a niggle! Pools great, but unsupervised so need to keep an eye out for your kids so not as relaxing as it could be poolside. Transport is available but is very limited so don't rely on it as a sole method of getting about. Overall Floridays offers a good family choice for a Florida holiday. I would recommend.

Room Tip: As the main pool is open late get a room away from the immediate area if you want quieter evenings...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jonathanwhite19
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Floridays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Jonathan, thank you for your “Florida-holidays” review and for recommending Floridays Resort! We are glad you enjoyed the spaciousness of our beautiful suites. We appreciate you mentioning how friendly your interactions with our team were and we are pleased that your concerns were addressed promptly. On behalf of our team, it was a pleasure to serve you throughout your stay with us. Thank you once again for choosing our resort and we hope that you will have the chance to revisit us soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We have visited Orlando 4 times over the year's, the apartment's have alway's been ok,
I was told about Floriday's from a travel expert. i was so looked into it read the review's all great!
So we booked. check in was quick so was check out. ray the bell man helped with our cases, he was such a nice chap very friendly and helpful!. when we reached our apartment block b rm 308 we were all blown away, its not only huge has every thing you could want nice and clean view of the lake , but homely too. the pools were fab we ate lots of times from the cafe, very nice and the food was hot, fairly priced. no complaints . maids came daily to make the beds replace towels and empty the bins, every week they do a full clean and change beds, i cleaned myself because i saw the hoover and couldn't resist, ( i like to clean ) close the an outlet found a tasty restaurant OUT BACK STEAK HOUSE went there almost every night. would love to come back here one day soon,

Room Tip: block b rm 308
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank diane b

Diane, thank you so much for your fabulous review and it is fulfilling to be considered as the best place to stay in Florida! We are delighted to hear that you were impressed with our luxurious suites equipped with everything you would need during a holiday. It is nice to know that our suites offered you the “home like” feel as we do want our guests to feel right at home with us. We appreciate you mentioning the great service you received from our Housekeeping team. We are glad you enjoyed the tasty food served by the Palm Café. Many of our guests have shared they loved our Pizzas and Flatbreads. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we would also love to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Well, after booking our apartment & confirming our dates 15 months ago & looking forward to a stress-free holiday, we arrive to find our room has been let to other people!! Guest Services have mixed up the dates and we have to have another room for the night, leaving us unable to unpack & costing us our planned day in Disney as we had to hang around waiting for a new room and to move luggage! Nobody can help as the Guest Services only work weekdays and we arrived on a Saturday. After emailing the owner, it turns out to be Floridays admin error - we eventually got checked in later than expected the next day due to the room getting a VIP clean & Engineer's check (though not sure how it passed as the hot tub would not keep the water in & we had to book an engineer's visit) - PS, not even an offer of a free drink from Floridays for all of this inconvenience!

All was well till the early hours when young kids from some extended families decided to run up and down the floors making lots of noise at 1.30am, followed by their noisy parents around 2.45am! This also occurred the next night, before they all left

After this bad start (we must have been unlucky!!) then we had a great time at Floridays - the Concierge was especially helpful & the resort is in a great location for all theme parks. The rooms are also great, very spacious, though we never saw the 'general housekeeping' after the first couple of days of our 3 week stay

One tip - always use taxis with meters, as the others just make it up as they go along!!

Room Tip: Rooms in Blocks A & B have the best locations
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rob W
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Floridays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Rob, we appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the spaciousness of our suites along with our close proximity to the theme parks. Thank you for sharing how helpful our Concierge team was during your stay. We are sorry to hear that the beginning of your stay did not go as well as we would have hoped however, we are pleased that you had a great time at our resort. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced in regards to the suite you requested, nonetheless we are happy that we were able to accommodate you the next day. Suite requests are not guaranteed but we do try our best to honor them based upon availability. We also apologize for your experience with the other guests near your suite. Your feedback is important to us and we will be passing your comments along to our team. Thank you once again for staying with us and we would love to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Great holiday with great pool and a relaxing bar. Love that they have a Star bucks and pizza place open from early to late. The accommodation is very very comfortable and clean. Plenty of space for a family. I will be going back next year. Suggested to the children that we go to Orlando again and they asked if we could stay in the same place... so there you have it. Happy kids makes for happy holiday !!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Martina C

Martina, it is excellent to know that you had a great holiday at Floridays Resort! You are absolutely right, happy kids do make a happy holiday. We appreciate you sharing how comfortable and clean you found our suites to be during your stay. We are glad that the hours of the Palm Café were perfect for your needs. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed relaxing by our spacious pool and bar. We are thrilled that you loved your stay so much that you will be back to revisit us next year! We look forward to having your family as our guests again!

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We've stayed here before but love to return as the experience is always so good. We weren't disappointed with friendly staff, great facilities & spacious condos. They've updated some of the items & I believe further refurbishment is being planned.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Angela407b

Angela, it means a lot to us that you continue to stay with us because of our friendly service, spacious suites, and great facilities! We appreciate your comments regarding the upgrades that we have made at our resort and as you mentioned, we are always aiming to improve our suites and facilities in order to offer the best experience possible to all of our guests. Thank you for the wonderful review and we can’t wait to serve you again upon your return to Orlando!