Floridays Resort
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$199
$148
$111
$212
$192
$172
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$394
$313
Orbitz.com
8,890 results
All reviewsbuilding bfull kitchenpalm cafebedroom suitewasher and dryerpublix supermarketinternational drivemain poolpool areapremium outletssmaller poolhome away from homemaster bathsea worldstayed in buildingkids loved the poolminute drive
Reviewed June 6, 2014

An awesome experience. There were 10 of us on this vacation. We flew in from Alabama and had the time of our lives. The Floridays Resort is the best family resort in Orlando. We have stayed other places during previous Orlando vacations but Floridays has been the best by far. We have decided to make this our Orlando vacation stay spot from now on. The staff was amazing. There was a mix up in our reservation but Floridays manager made special arrangements to accomodate us. I was pretty worried at first but they eased my spirits. Thank you so much. Our 5 day stay was incredible. We loved being so close to shopping and attractions. The shuttle that transports you to the attractions is a great service. The kids loved the pool. The housekeeping attendant was awesome. We were in building C rooms 604 and 605. We had a 3 bedroom and a 2 bedroom suite. Lots and lots of space to spread out. 2 bathrooms in each suite. Love the view of the water from our balcony and loved being able to cook our meals in the fully equiped kitchen. Publix is right next door and Walmart is about 5 min. away. The outlet shopping center 2 min. away, can walk if you choose. So if anyone is reading this review, and you are looking for a family vacation stay in Orlando, trust me when I tell you that Floridays is the best. Thank you Floridays.

Room Tip: We were in building C rooms 604 and 605. Great views of the water and pool. I loved opening the patio door to hear the water sounds of the fountain. Short walk to the pool and lobby and cafe, 2 min. top.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank namcam3
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Floridays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

We are ecstatic to be considered as your “home away from home” here in Orlando! We are so grateful for your recommendation and it means a lot to us to be regarded as the best family resort in Orlando. It is a pleasure to hear that you and your family had a fantastic time with us. We would like to thank you for your terrific compliments to our team. Here at the Floridays, we are committed to providing exceptional guest service to our guests and we are thrilled that you recognized that. We truly appreciate you for choosing our resort and we can’t wait to welcome you again for your next visit to Orlando!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We spent 2 weeks at Floridays, Orlando and were very happy with the stay. It is very conveniently located near I-4 so accessing the Disney and Universal theme parks is very easy. It is also close to the Vineland Premium Outlets which is a great place to get discounted designer clothes, etc. The rooms were like a home from home, 2 large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with the master having a jacuzzi tub. There was also a decent sized living area, kitchen, dining area and balcony. The pool was a good size with a kids section. All in all it was a very pleasant stay and we'll definitely consider coming back here when we next return to Orlando.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank simonc22

Simon, we appreciate you for taking the time to write a review on your experience. We are thrilled that our luxurious and well-equipped suites along with our convenient location contributed to a pleasant two week stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you felt right at “home” during your stay with us. You are absolutely right, our two-bedroom suites are not only spacious but offer everything you would need and more during your vacation. We are happy that you will consider visiting us again. We look forward to welcoming you and your family for your next vacation to Orlando!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Just came home after spending 2 weeks at this fantastic resort with my family (me, my wife and 2 children aged 14 and 5). What we liked most about the hotel was:
- Great room. Very spacious and clean. Fresh towels every day.
- The room was very well equipped. Dishwasher, washer and dryer and in fact everything to make our stay more comfortable.
- We could park our car right in front of our building - the parking fee is included in the daily service charge.
- Great pool - our kids loved it! No need to bring your own beach towels as they are provided at the pool. Great 80's and 90's music played (Did not care for the live music during the weekend though - the guy can NOT play).
- Very friendly staff and always ready to help.
- Fantastic location - close to the parks and great shopping
And much, much more.

We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Gísli S
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Floridays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Gisli, thank you for sharing your fantastic experience following your stay with us. We appreciate you for taking the time to comment on everything you enjoyed about our resort. We are pleased that our spacious and well-equipped suites contributed to a comfortable stay. It is nice to know that your children loved our lovely pool. Many of our guests also tell us that they enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of our pool. We are delighted that you will without a doubt stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you for your next family getaway to Orlando!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have stayed here twice and both times have had no issues. I loved it and my 6 year old loves the pool. I would definitely stay here again. There was plenty of room in the 2 bedroom with 3 adults and 2 kids.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Aimee, your excellent review means a lot to us! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your second stay as much as your first visit to our resort. It is great to hear that you and your son had a lovely time by our beautiful pool. We are happy to learn that you will definitely return to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for your third stay!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Thought I would make the effort and pass on what my views are on the resort , area and my general experience of my recent holiday as I know I heavily relied on the many reviews in trip advisor before and indeed after I booked and hopefully can shed light on many queries I had before I went to ensure your holiday is as stress free as possible…

My family & I stayed at this complex during April this year, two teenagers & 1 under 10. Flew in from Dublin direct to Orlando l International Airport. Booked through Expedia. I had reserved seats but not able to confirm unless you have booked direct with Airline, so beware. The complex is about half an hours drive from the Airport and very straight forward but you will arrive around dusk from this flight. If you’re hiring a car get to the desks one floor below baggage reclaim asap to beat the ques. Otherwise a good 30-45mins wait would be expected.

The welcome we received was great and very professional. We had made specific requests as our party was two families. Didn’t make much of a difference though, however we did end up in the same building, Block A which turned out fine. Block A is just across from the main entrance which was prefect for the pool. Blocks C to F would certainly be a bit of a walk. Avoid the first two floors if you want a balcony view. Rooms very large and accommodated our party of 5. Kitchen very well stocked with every appliance, however no kettle, but a boiler kettle could be requested. The whole apartment was very clean though the décor is certainly designed around low maintenance and, I’m afraid, a bit dated. Furniture certainly worn and old TV’s but not a big deal. Everything worked, the washer dryer was very useful and the abundance of fresh towels was great. They only make the beds and lift the trash every day and if you stay over a week you get a full clean. We did eat in the odd night and wanted for nothing. The fridge as you would expect is massive with an ice maker so be sure to switch it on when you arrive if you want a supply of ice. The master-bedroom ensuite is also massive and has the Jacuzzi bath which was a great way to relax and the kids loved it. Water pressure is not great as is with most hotels. Bed very comfortable and to our liking. Safe also in the apartment which we availed of. Nice and quiet at night.

The pool area was great but can get a bit crowded. Again an abundance of fresh towels which was very handy. Usual high price for food and drink but nothing more than you would expect. Food OK, only ate there the first night but the kids loved the pizza. The movie night was also great crac for the kids. The is also a gym and a business suite. Guards patrol the complex after 11pm which is always good to know. My only real gripe is the resort fee. I knew of it before I booked, but lets be honest, if such a fee is compulsory, then put it on the room rate, please don’t try and make excuses for it as not everyone avails of the these so extra services that I know other hotels offer as complimentary. Whilst I accept it keeps the prices competitive a $200 odd bill at the end of your 14 day stay is never welcome especially when it’s charged for things you did not use. So I’ afraid it’s that that has lost this complex a star.

As far as location is concerned, I have no issue with it. The entrance is just off a new road that is hardly used so you not faced with busy traffic. Local Publix ( like a Spar) is a few minute drive and about a 10 min walk but not all on footpaths. Also close to a chemist and a small shopping complex. The Publix was very handy, dear enough mind you and if you like fresh food and bakery you will not be disappointed. We ate out most nights and would recommend Outback Steakhouse just up from the Publix) and the Olive Garden (Italian) and Longhorn Steakhouse which is just good fresh food at reasonable prices with no reservations and all only a couple of miles away. Would also recommend Thai Thani for a take out (just below Seaworld on Int Drive) if you like thai food. Also premium outlet also around the corner.

Seaworld was a couple of miles away with the Disney Complex a bit further in the opposite direction as is Disney downtown. Downtown gets very busy every evening so get there as early as you can to avoid the rush but it will get very busy and parking is a nightmare late evening. Universal is at the other end of the Int Drive but very easy to get to, but be careful when leaving at night as you will end up on the I4 before you know it, which to be honest is a much quicker way home.

Car Hire, in my opinion, is a must. Otherwise you will wait around for buses and queues as the parks empty. Booked through Argus Car hIre, got a great deal on a mini van through Dollar. Honestly can not fault them. Didn’t take any extras other than bring back a full tank of gas. Car was very new and comfortable. Car had bumps and scratches on it when I picked it up but after pointing it out to the lady I was told that they are not interested in the bumps, only major damage. Took pictures anyway. Absolutely no issue what so ever. Had my own sat nav, a must if your driving. Also didn’t bother with the sun pass for the toll roads. You will hit two tolls leaving the airport regardless of which main road you take, one $1 and the other $1.25, just keep right as cash is accept. Other than that only really went through the toll roads going to Kennedy Space Centre, 4 in total to get there. Would recommend Dollar any time. Bare in mind most parks charge $12-$15 a day for parking.
Theme Parks: Stayed away from Disney this time, but very busy by all accounts. However pretty much done the rest, both Universal’s, Wet & Wild, Aquicta, Seaworld, Lego, Busche AGrdens & Kennedy Space Centre. Things to watch out for is the food, which generally is not great and the parks not permitting packed lunches. So very quickly:
o Universal a big hit & great spot, busy but not too bad. The big attractions get the big crowds such as Dispicable Me, Spiderman & Harry Potter. The Rocket roller coaster is fab as was the Hulk. The 3D & 4D shows are also a must. New HP themed area to open soon, would avoid like the plague as I believe half of the states are taking their holidays around the opening. We left the main rides until later in the evening to avoid the rush. Again bring rain ponchos if you have the as you will get soaked on the water rides For the wee ones, don’t miss the water play area in the kids zone but bring a change as they will great soaked. Packed lunches allowed.
o Busch Gardens in Tampa is a favourite and worth the 1½ drive. No Tolls on the I4. Now if you fancy a real treat and a great breakfast on your way to Tampa call into the Cracker Barrel on the I4 junction 25 around half way there. It’s literally beside the I4 and the best pancakes beacon and eggs you will ever eat with orange juice that’s doesn’t get any fresher. Makes a really nice break and has a very quant little country shop, a real tourist gem. Done the Preferred parking at a couple of parks, but only really worth the extra $5 at Busch Gardens. Really great rides with a new one opening in May. Watch out for the train whilst kids love it, it’s very slow and you could easily loose a couple of hours with the stopping and starting. Again bring rain ponchos if you have the as you will get soaked on the water rides. No lunches allowed.
o SeaWorld, again a great spot and very big. Best ride ever is the Kracken… Get the shows especially the Orca’s, however trainers no longer allowed in the water anymore which is a real shame as it was such a spectacle. The parrot show also loved by the kids. The penguin ride gets the crowd so plan your wait. A massive park and certainly a full day. No lunches allowed.
o Aquicta, great waterpark and very new. Great family place. Great place to spend the day but the weekends are very busy. Again no lunches allowed. Wave pools great fun and the lazy rivers are a great way to cool down. Kids water play area also a big hit. New even bigger slides opening soon as well.
o Wet & Wild. The oldest water park there but still very popular. A big hit with the teenage crowd and a big wave pool. Some very good water slides and also a great kiddies play area. Carpark at the rear. Very lively place. Lunches allowed.
o Lego Land. Obviously very popular with the kids and this park is relatively new. A good hours drive away. To me this is a one hit wonder. The lego cities are very well done and the park is very well laid out with a couple of good fun kiddies rides. Everything is made pretty much from Lego as you would expect with plenty of opportunities to buy. Food at this place was the worst from all the parks we visited. Pretty much a rip off and the quality was very poor which is made all the worse when lunches are not allowed. Sneak in a couple of sandwiches to avoid the disappointment.
o Kennedy Space Centre. This will be your only toll road day if your driving, around $9 in total. A good hours drive. Was not busy the day we visited which was fine by me. The 3D cinema shows on the ISS was the best every example of 3D I have ever witnessed. You certainly feel a part of history here and all I will say is the presentation of the Atlantis Space Shuttle was very, very impressive. Worth the journey. Again no lunches.

At best it’s a pretty expensive holiday and you want to ensure your experience is a memorable one and any and all advice I found waswelcome so hopeful I have been some help. There is an awful lot to do so my best advice is to take days out to relax otherwise you will need a holiday afterwards. Take lots of $$$ as that’s what makes the place tick and they are not shy in taking it off you.
In all we had a great holiday and I would have no hesitation in recommending Floridays and would happily return. Just sort out that resort fee please…….
Have a Great Holiday.

Room Tip: Block A with an eastern view, floors 4 up to get a lovely sunny balcony in the morning. Very handy to the pool and nice and quiet at night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
12  Thank connord

Connord, thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is really nice of you to share your great tips with the TripAdvisor community. We would like to thank you for making us a part of your Easter holiday in Orlando. It sounds to us that you had a fantastic time visiting all the wonderful attractions that our great state of Florida had to offer.

We are glad that you found our spacious suites to be comfortable for you and your family. It is great to hear that our well-equipped suites were convenient and useful throughout your vacation. You are right, our large jacuzzi bathtub is a great way to relax after a long day, we are happy that your children loved it. Thank you for also mentioning how much your children loved our pizza. As a matter of fact, our Pepperoni Pizza is one of our most popular menu items. We are glad that you found our central location to be convenient for visiting restaurants, shops, and attractions. Our resort is located near a Publix supermarket and many of our guests also tell us that they find this to be very convenient for their needs.

We appreciate your comments in regards to the resort fee. Please note that our daily resort fee offers parking, internet access, shuttle service to theme parks, in-room coffee service, fitness center, local and toll-free phone access as well as daily housekeeping refresh service to all our guests. Our refresh service includes making the beds, removing the trash, and replacing the bath towels and bathroom amenities.

It is wonderful to hear that you will return to stay with us again. Next time you visit us, please do stop by our concierge team for additional recommendation and ideas for other places you should visit. In addition, don’t forget that we offer a best rate guarantee. Please feel free to contact our reservations department for more information. We look forward to your next visit to our resort!