“Terrific Family Destination”

Ranked #21 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Louisville, Kentucky
“Terrific Family Destination”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was our first stay at Floridays but it won't be our last!!! It was the perfect Florida family destination. We arrived with our son, his wife, and two their boys. We had the most delightful condo...three bedrooms, with a kitchen, dining room, and living room. It was perfect for our three generational family. If you don't want to leave the property, you'll have plenty of fun in the two pools, arcade, or cafe. If you do want to venture out, Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Studios are just minutes away. The condo looked just like the pictures and the staff was helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this fantastic resort!

Room Tip: The three bedroom condos are roomy and perfect for families. Building C and E are well located betw...
2 Thank eliana1946
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Eliana, we truly appreciate you sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. Thanks for bringing up all of the fun you can have without even leaving the Floridays property. Your recommendation means a lot to us and we hope you will come and see us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,856)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have stayed in many of the finest hotels in the US and abroad and Floridays exceeded my expectations. I initially booked the trip to have more room for our family while visiting the Disney resorts and there was more than enough room in the 3 bedroom. The food at the pool bar was great and the drinks were spectacular (thanks to Brittany)!! My 6 year old son did not want to leave the pool and the daily childrens activities were great! My 15 month old toddler also loved the pool and sandbox and was comfortable in her crib (I loved that the staff brought her a high chair as well). Thank you to the staff and management for doing such a great job!!

1 Thank colleen004
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Colleen, thanks for visiting us! It means a lot to us to have exceeded your high expectations based on all of your travel experiences. Our pool bar serves some delicious food and drink options, and it is great to hear that you were able to enjoy that. It was our pleasure to serve you and your family while you stayed with us. We hope that you will come and see us again when your travels bring you back to Orlando.
Waldwick, NJ
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was our first time at Floridays, it was nice. The people were very nice too. We stayed in a 2 BR suite in BLD C top floor. I did read the reviews and I did like blding C, it was close to main pool but close to small pool too. I really liked the small pool, the draw back to that is there is no drink service there, they do have a soda/water vending machine but you can't get any food or drinks there from the cafe. When I read the review about the "Cafe" I was picturing a totally different type of restaurant. It wasn't really a sit down restaurant like I thought, it was a pool side take out, with very slow service (nice people) but you do need to wait a long time for your food which comes in take out containers, little disappointed, the food was good though. The main pool could have been bigger, and It was never cleaned, it had debris in it everyday, there was foam chips in the pool and sand and leaves bugs etc. pretty gross. I know it rains a lot and stuff falls in the pool but it was in there every day. The smaller pool was cleaner, but not much better. The other negative would be the elevators, no air it is stifling , there is NO air in there, they should put a fan or air conditioners in them, it is not good. I did say something to one of the workers and they say everyone complains about that, he would look into it. I think they should. The other thing that I wasn't crazy about is the maid service, I am use to maid service being, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, sweeping and changing sheets (if needed), but they just come in and make the beds and take garbage out and then schedule a "full clean" sometime during your stay which for me was the day before I left (what sense does that make) I like my room to be cleaned everyday. The first day I found a huge cock roach in my big tub, the day before I left there was a spider in my sons bathroom, not just a spider it was the biggest, hairiest spider I have ever seen, I was freaked out and an other cock roach in my bathroom on the last day when I was packing, I think if I was staying any longer I would have moved. I did show the lady at the front desk on my phone and she was grossed out but didn't seem to concerned or offer anything off my bill. I gave the lady at the front desk a piece of mail to mail for me (it was a bill) it has yet to get there.... The beds where hard and the air conditioner lowest temp was 70, The road out in front of the hotel is under construction which wasn't great. So in short, It was a nice hotel, would I stay here again probably not. The hotel personal were nice but unfortunately the cons out weighed the pros........

Room Tip: building C is good because it's between the 2 pools
4 Thank RGLA112
england
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Arrived after being on a cruise ,we stayed 4 nights and really enjoyed it ,good saff ,room cleaned daily what more can you ask,would stay again ,good family room ,pool lovely,near public Walmart as well ,we stay in a older apartment but still was clean and tidy,plenty of raking as well ,thanks floridays xx

1 Thank suga_8
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed at the Floridays Resort for our family's first Disney/Universal experience and we were not disappointed. We are five in all with two teenagers and it was a nice retreat from all the mayhem at the theme parks. They offer shuttles to the local area parks and outlets, but the drive to any park was less than 15 minutes. The rooms were clean and in good condition. We had no bedbugs although we did find one cockroach one night in a bathroom; this is Florida after all. The linens were clean and the carpets and furniture were unstained and in good condition with only a few minor signs of wear. The concierge service was friendly and knowledgeable helping us find a nice restaurant to celebrate my wife' birthday. The pool was great fun for the kids to unwind after the days events, and we looked forward to going "home" night after a day in the heat. The biggest complaint I have is that the WiFi service, although free, was terribly slow. I would sometimes just go onto the balcony and use the 2 or 3 bars of 3G instead. Next time I would stay on the third floor or higher. We were on the second floor and the balcony had a high concrete wall instead of a fence so sitting outside felt like a prison. The higher floors have regular railings. If we return to Orlando we are going back.

Room Tip: Stay on third floor or higher for better balcony views.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Just returned from our fourth trip to Floridays and I am glad to say the high standard we have come to expect from this resort was exceeded.
As usual, check in was smooth, efficient and friendly. Our request for a unit in Block A was accommodated and as a result we were able to renew friendships with other vacationers we had met last year. The rooms have been recently refurbished and were bright and inviting. The size of the rooms are excellent and there is plenty of room for all the family. Throughout our 3 and a half week stay the housekeeping staff were very accommodating, efficient and friendly. We were never made to feel we were being akward or demanding (an attitude I have encountered in other hotels) if we requested extra towels, sheets etc. All staff from reception to cafe and bar were very obliging and seemed genuinely appreciative of our business. Particular mention must go to Danielle in the bar, Nilda and Wildo in the concierge and Caroline the excellent activities co-ordinator.
A new feature this year was the introduction of an activities programme which included arts and crafts, Thursday night pool movies and the weekly air hockey tournament. Our kids loved these new additions and took part in lots of activities during our stay. Indeed, my youngest son won the air hockey tournament three weeks in a row and was disappointed to hear that we would be leaving the day it was scheduled to take place during our last week's stay. When my wife mentioned this to Caroline she was only too happy to re-arrange the tournament for a day earlier so that he could take part. He was delighted that he was able to defend his title (successfully). We can't thank Caroline enough for her thoughtfulness and she and the activities have really added something extra to the resort. In the same vein I cannot forget to mention DJ Chris for the weekend entertainment. The new poolside bingo went down a treat with the kids, although we never managed to win the tickets to Sea World!
When we stayed last year they had begun to construct the new road beside the hotel and although the work was still going on during our stay noise was never an issue.
We used the hotel shuttle service for our trips to the Parks and it got us there and back in good time although if you want to stay for the fireworks you'll have to make other arrangements to get back.
We paid our usual visits to the adjacent Premium Mall (10 minutes walk or two trolley stops) and I was delighted to see that they now have an Asics outlet on site. They are also building an extension opposite, beside McDonalds.
For anyone thinking of visiting Orlando I highly recommend staying at Floridays. We have been visiting Orlando since 1995 and have stayed in some nice hotels but we would never choose to stay anywhere else but Floridays for any (hopefully!) future visit to Orlando.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I'm a little bit of a hotel snob so this should come with that. Very very nice for families. Your kids will truly enjoy the water area (although I believe there should be a water slide for extra enjoyment). I did love the spacious rooms, rooms had EVERYTHING needed to cook. A whole plaza with a Publix, liqour store and everything is close by so thats an added benefit. (I hate when people mention other hotels but I have to since I'm a regular in Orlando)...In comparison to The Villas at Grand Cypress where the rooms are soooo much better, the outside is not NEARLY as family friendly. And the Omni where the rooms are nearly as nice but the outside has sooo many amenities for kids. No real frills and wow things to see.

So I guess in a way its a perfect for of both. Dannielle at the car was so sweet and made our long islands perfectly. Unfortunately the food was just a C (had a burger and fries)

All in all a great stay just not SUPERB.

PS They DO hold $50 (per day) for incidentals so be VERY aware when getting your spending money together.

PSS GREAT price for the stay.

Room Tip: Try to get some type of view so your not looking at the parking lot. Elevators took a while...so 1st...
1 Thank Wynton H
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Wynton, thank you so much for staying with us at Floridays. It sounds like you have had the opportunity to experience a lot of the Orlando resort options, and considering that it means a lot that you found Floridays to be enjoyable! We are glad to hear that you were able to spend some time at our poolside bar. However, please accept our apologies that your food was not up to our usual standards. As you will see from other reviews, most guests really enjoy the food that we serve. We hope that you will consider giving us a second chance when you return to Orlando. We'd love to assist in setting up your reservation, so please contact us directly if you decide to do that. We look forward to hearing from you!