“Better than I could have imagined”
Review of Floridays Resort

Floridays Resort
Ranked #16 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 19, 2008

Anyone planning a stay in the Orlando area knows there are many many choices in accommodations. I researched quite a few for our trip and almost passed over Floridays. Honestly, I think it was the name that caused me to do so. It was when I was looking at ratings that I took note. Floridays was rated so well. It had such great reviews that I gave it a second look. I am so very glad I did. Our party consisted of 2 adults, 2 teens, 1 preteen and 1 toddler. Needless to say, we need space. This resort offers this and then some. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite in building F and although perhaps the 3 bedroom would have been nice, the 2 was more than sufficient. The master suite had a large bathroom. The pictures online do not do justice to how large that room is. The suite has a fully equipped kitchen that is stocked with only enough dishwasher soap to run a couple loads of dishes, so be prepared to purchase or bring some. A closet in the dinning area opens up to a stand up washer and dryer. While this only runs a small load, I was surprised at how fast it was to complete a cycle. The resort complex is fairly large. After a long day at Disney, I had little desire to walk from our building to the main area where the main recreation facilities are located. The pictures online that show the pool are very accurate other than they do not point out that there is a sandy area for children to play in. It is a nice pool that is very warm. There is a second pool closer to the F building but it is a regular pool and not geared toward youngsters. Staff all were nice. We attempted an early check in. We arrived bleary eyed at 8am and although I would have liked to be accommodated at that time, it was understandable that we were not. Housekeeping is sufficient. Beds are made with linens changed every 3rd day. Garbages are emptied. Towels and toiletries are refreshed. A vacuum is in the room if you should decide you need to use it. Full cleaning services are offered at a per day fee. We did find that it is not a good idea to place the "service room needed" card in the door. Our son was sick one day and stayed in the room. On that day, we requested privacy. The next day, we were in much need of new towels not to mention a made bed would have been nice. Placing the card in the door insured that we did not get the service most likely because someone had turned the card around. Oddly, I did make mention to the staff as we were leaving that we would also need a new blanket. A smile and a nod from them suggests to me that the housekeeping staff does not necessarily speak English. I would definitely go back and absolutely recommend this resort. It was outstanding.

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,607)

Reviewed April 17, 2008

My husband and I stayed at your resort for 4 days and cannot say enough about it. The condos are lovely. The pools clean and close to the buildings. All the Orlando attractions are closeby. We enjoyed sitting on our balcony in the cool breeze watching people come and go. The staff was excellant. The gentleman at the front desk was incredibly helpful and the housekeeping staff was in and out everyday quickly. They make your bed and remove your trash everyday unlike some condos and cabins we have stayed in before. I couldn't believe how they waited on us.
We are already planning a stay in October and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2008

Gosh I can't believe I'm writing a review which goes against virtually everyone else's!

We experienced terrible trouble with Floridays house-keeping.

What we found lurking just under bedskirt of our beds is almost too horrible to print (old smelly socks, empty coke cans, toe nail clippings and the clippers, false nails...the list goes on).

To be fair, you couldn't see these things as the bedshirt was hiding them - we happened to find them whilst on our hands and knees ooking under the bed for something we had lost.

Also, night one my daughter complained that her bed felt "sandy" and when we checked the covers it would appear that the bed hadn't been changed??!! YUK!

Most of the plates and cutlery put away were dirty and we found stale moldy bread in one cupboard.

When reported to House-Keeping they were surprised and looked at us as though we were mad! However, they offered to do a complimentary "full-clean" for us the following day but guess what...the above mentioned items were still under the bed!

Sorry to say but it really put me off the whole resort.

The guess the message is...always look under your bedskirt if you want to know how good the cleaning is!

Stayed: March 2008
4  Thank lissybubs
Reviewed April 16, 2008

Floridays Resort Orlando is certainly a beautiful facility. The suites are spacious, the pool area is gorgeous and the grounds are kept clean. In fact, this was actually my second time staying there. Although they certainly earn their 4-5 star rating when considering only the facility, they fall very short when you consider the details. What I’m going to list are small things. However, there are many of them and they tend to add up.

Although my 2 BR suite had a beautiful view of a lake with a waterfall, each day when I approached my suite from the outside I was greeted with housekeeping carts complete with dirty brooms, cleaning chemicals and rags. Although this is certainly acceptable during the housekeeping cycle, they left that stuff out even after they were done. I saw carts out at midnight. Additionally, there was a room across from the entrance to my suite labeled “trash room”. That would not have been a problem except that they left the door open everyday. So each time that I opened my door, I saw an unsightly trash room, which was clearly not designed for customers to see. I personally closed it several times only to see it open again shortly after. I would imagine that their policy is to hide that kind of stuff. But, the mgmt team certainly isn’t checking behind the cleaning crew.

The suite kitchen provided all the needed appliances including a very efficient washer/dryer setup. However, the kitchen was equipped without non-stick cookware. Now, I know this sounds very petty, but we found it impossible to cook with their cookware. We wanted to do breakfast each day in the suite. However, everything stuck and burned on that cheap cookware. In fact, it was so bad that I had to go to a nearby Publix store and buy a non-stick frying pan just to survive. You have to go out of your way to find cookware that doesn’t have the nonstick coating, but they found it. It’s clear to me that the people who purchased the cookware for the suites have never actually cooked on it. I would have preferred to pay an extra couple of bucks per night for access to cookware that I can actually use.

The site sports a so called “business center”. Since I didn’t bring a printer for my laptop, I went into the business center to print out several important, time sensitive documents. After going through an elaborate system of purchasing time via a special, overpriced, key card system, I attempted to print my documents but the printer was out of ink. I immediately called over a manager and he indicated that “the business center is not ours” (it’s outsourced) “therefore, we don’t have printer ink”. He said it as though it was okay that I was not getting what I needed because it wasn’t “theirs”. Their strategy around who runs the business center should be transparent to me. The fact is that I’m a guest, you are marketing a service, I paid for it, it’s not working, and you can’t fix it. I had to leave the hotel and find a Kinko’s store to get my work done. I was beyond angry and still await the 4+ bucks that I paid for the bad printouts (.75 per page)!

Finally, as I checked out the hotel, I approached the desk to hand over my key. Instead of the clerk greeting me with a smile as asking me about my stay, she instead sarcastically looked at me and said, “check out time was an hour ago”. Taken aback I said, “so what are you ultimately saying to me?” She says, “I could charge you, but I won’t”. I immediately asked for a survey form and recorded her name. She snapped back with, “this isn’t my real name tag. So, you may want to make sure you get the name right” and provided me with a different name. I was horrified to see that I hotel like that would allow some young kid, who clearly doesn’t understand customer satisfaction, leave their guests with that kind of image. Young clerks are often too immature to know to think before they open their fat mouths. The result is this fairly bad review on the Internet for the world to see.

Much of what I’ve outlined is what I think is just bad management. Many of the people aren’t properly trained at the “4-5 start hotel level”. However, I must say that the bar staff was great. However, the bar manager (TJ) was often there personally to ensure that things were always topnotch.

I’m not really sure if I’d go back a 3rd time. The facility is beautiful and a water park is on the way. However, since there are so many great choices in Orlando, it’s difficult to tolerate anything other than perfection.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank jazzyerick
Reviewed April 14, 2008

After much consideration, I booked a 2 bedroom suite at Floridays based on reviews by other travelers. We were really disappointed. The room was extremely dark and the main living area was narrow. The pictures are pretty misleading. The bedrooms and bathrooms were adequate. The service was TERRIBLE, especially the front desk staff whose people skills left much to be desired. The “maid service” was inconsistent – one day, they seemed to pick up and leave in the middle of tidying up our room. The manager was very nice and accommodating when I complained, providing a fruit basket and a complimentary full cleaning service. Still, with all the competition in the area, I would look elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank jenlev
Reviewed April 13, 2008

My husband and I travelled with our 18 yr old daughter and 11 yr old son. Had 3 bdrm and LOTS of room. Suite was very clean and all staff extremely helpful. Kids loved the pool, business centre and movie rentals. Would recommend packing dish cloth, tea towel and pot scrubber as these were the only items missing in kitchen set-up(obviously for sanitation reasons). Publix grocery store and 24 hour Walgreens pharmacy are right around the corner. Would also recommend a car. We google mapped all directions to parks, etc.and from the airport before we left and found these invaluable to non-Florida residents! We would come back to this resort in a heartbeat and have already recommended it to family and friends.
Thoroughly Happy Vacationers
Orangeville, Ontario

Reviewed April 12, 2008

This resort is wonderful !! The rooms are super clean and decorated
beautifully. The staff is excellent. The resort is in a great location.
Close to Seaworld, Aquatica and Outlet stores. A shopping center
with Publix is right next door. My family has stayed at other resorts and paid much more for just a bedroom. The rooms include a full
kitchen, dining area, living room and bedrooms. One bedroom
has a huge jacuzzi that my daughter loved. My children also had a wonderful time in the pool area. The cafe has a Starbucks.
We will be staying here many more times !!!!