“Generally Happy”
Review of Floridays Resort

Floridays Resort
Ranked #16 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The staff was very friendly as we checked in, parking was easy (we were there during the first week of January) and the room was a great size. The pool area was really nice and the water temperature at 80 degrees.

Not so good: We didn't realize that house-cleaning wasn't included in the price and we found many of our dishes/cups were not cleaned prior to our arrival. I don't know if they expect the previous guests to clean the dishes or not, but they were obviously dirty.

It was not luxury but the space and convenience it provided for the price makes it worthwhile. Great to be able to cook (even just have breakfast) and save quite a bit of money. Also very conveniently located and well kept.

8  Thank sandra_texas
Wayne S, Director of Front Office Operations at Floridays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear sandra_texas -- Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I'm glad you had good interactions with our staff and enjoyed the pool. I apologize for the dirty dishes you found. All should have been clean when you arrived. That is not keeping with our standards of cleanliness for our suites. I'll be passing this comment to our head of Housekeeping, so he can keep an eye out for any slips in cleanliness in the future. Our "Trash 'n Tidy" service (daily) will empty the trash, make the beds, replace the towels and leave new toiletry items, as needed. I'm sorry if you weren't advised about this when you checked in. But I hope you'll be coming back to stay with us again in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,593)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here recently and will be advising our travel agent never to send any Irish guests to this property again. We stayed in a two bed suite which was not cleaned for the duration of our stay. There was no air conditioning in this unit which was extremely hot and the fans just circulated the warm air. We were allocated to Block E which was so far away from the main receiption/pool etc. The basics such as shower gel and shampoo were never replaced nor was the washing detergent. We had no contact from reception until the last day when we were told our check out time was 11 a.m.! When we did check out, we were not asked how was our stay, we were merely presented with a cleaning bill (for cleaning which was not done!!) This had already been taken from our Visa Card. On our last day we forgot out key and asked a cleaner to open our apartment with her master key. She said "no speaka de english" but could speak it two minutes later when she was told by reception to let us in.. This is practically the last stop on the I ride and the only parks it is close to is Seaworld and Aquatica.

The staff in the cafe are very sullen and it is an effort for them to serve people and the prices are outrageous. The supermarket "around the corner" is a 15 minute walk away.

There was construction work going on outside which had us awake very early in the mornings

The Concierge was helpful any time we asked but this hotel was a major let down and I am flabbergasted at all the positive reviews. Dont know who is giving them????

I would seriously query what pride these people have in their hotel with the cleaning service they offer.

Room Tip: Make sure you dont stay in Block E unless you are very fond of walking!!
9  Thank DisappointedIrish

Dear DisappointedIrish -- Thank you for the review and I apologize for the experience you had while our guest. As Trip Advisor reviews are anonymous, we were not able to track down your reservation to investigate this further, however it sounds possibly like your travel agent may have booked directly with one of our unit owners, as opposed to booking through the resort itself. If this was not the case, however, during your visit and your travel agent did book directly through Floridays, we would like to speak further with you regarding your stay. Please reach out to me directly, so we can get additional details. You can reach me directly at wstokes@floridaysorlando.com.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just recently completed two shorts stays (3 nights, 2 nights) at Floridays and I have to say that I'm glad the TripAdvisor community made me aware of this property. We stayed in building A and then building D, and found both suites to be well maintained, clean, and tasteful. I found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful and the main pool area was fantastic, both for my wife and I and for our 4 year old. Used the fitness room extensively and was impressed with the space. For the price I paid I struggle to see and negatives here. Unless you are walking I can't see how anyone can complain about location...Sea World is about a 5 minute drive away and it's Disney so nothing is that far away. If you wish to walk everywhere then pay a lot more money and stay at a Disney resort.

In fairness, my only two negatives (and they are quite minor):

- Was told by room service that we had no other option than sausage or bacon with our breakfast order (we eat neither and simply wanted scrambled eggs in their place). Easily worked around by ordering sides of scrambled eggs, but as a general rule guests shouldn't be told 'no' on an easy request.

- Was in town for Atlanta Braves Fantasy Camp and wanted to have a bat shipped to me in Florida rather than having it sent to Vermont. I was told there was a $20 fee to receive and hold a package. Again, I worked around this easily by having the bat shipped to the resort where I was staying with the Braves, but this is a fairly excessive charge in my opinion. Obviously this is of very little concern to most potential Floridays guests.

I'll be returning to Orlando next January, and I will change my schedule next year to have more days in a row at Floridays. This oone gets top marks from me.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear HailStonz -- Thanks for your stays with us and your nice review. You made a great point about our location and distance to the various parks. I apologize for the negatives you experienced. There should have been no problem customizing your sandwich. I'm sorry that was a challenge. I'll advise our head of Food & Beverage to mention it to his team to avoid recurrence. And I'm sorry about the package issue. When someone receives a package at the resort, we waive the package fee if the package is picked up the day it arrives (many guests track their packages closely to avoid this fee!). I'll be sure that our website page concerning package handling has this information clearly outlined for future guests. Upon your return, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or any of my Front Desk leaders to work through any challenges you may experience...we are here to assist in any way possible. Thanks for the top marks and I'm happy you're coming back next January.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We absolutely loved this resort! The two bedroom condo style room provided great space and allowed my husband and I to have a place to relax at the end of a busy day with PRIVACY!!!! All the staff were amazing. Very professional and they ensured our stay was everything we could ask for. They provided you with discounts and tips on all the local attractions. It was situated in a beautiful area close enough to everything without being in the hustle and bustle of it all. Complimentary shuttle service is a terrific bonus to Seaworld and Disney attractions as fighting the traffic is not holiday fun. It was very clean and even the outside was very well "groomed". Well worth the money! Thank you Floridays and all who work there...our stay at your resort was the best!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy W

Dear Kathy W -- What a great review -- Thanks! Always great to hear that you loved us. (We loved having you, too.) And I'm glad you recognized the good value we brought to your holiday. Can't wait till you come back and visit us again.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

the rooms are clean the desk is so friendly and helpful, we are close to every thing, even walking back to the room is nice to get wear off the portions in the cafe, the pool is large and clean the kid look like they are having fun .

Room Tip: if you like some excercise ask for a room in the d or f building
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have always stayed at Marriott resorts because they are top notch. This was a last minute trip, and Marriott wasn't in our budget, so we decided to give Floridays a try. I will have to say, I was impressed! We might make this our new place to stay. The rooms were not as big as the ones at the Marriott resorts, but there was just as much "useable" space. The Marriott was nicer, but I'm not sure it is as much nicer as the price difference. Floridays had everything we needed without all of the little extras. This being said, I consider Floridays to be a much better value than Marriott.

Room Tip: A and B buildings are closest to pool and activities.
2  Thank Amy P

Dear Amy P -- Thanks for the great review. I can't be happier to hear that we're a better value than Marriott. I'm glad we could give you everything you needed on your vacation, at a good value. I do hope we become your new favorite place to stay. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit with us.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a great property, only complaint is that the wifi is inconsistent, otherwise pools are well kept, parking seemed plentiful right next to our building, elevators are never very much of a wait. All around it is just a nice tidy place to stay, not to big so you don't have to walk forever to get to anything. I stayed here about 5 years ago and the building and property show no where since then.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Softserve -- Thanks for taking time to review your stay. And WELCOME BACK! I apologize for your challenge with the WiFi. I'll have our Engineering team take a look at this. We strive for excellence in all the services we offer. I'm glad you see how well we've kept everything since your last visit. I hope you don't wait 5 more years to return. See you soon!