“I'm a believer now!”
Review of Floridays Resort

Floridays Resort
Ranked #20 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 2, 2013

When I started researching resorts in Orlando, I was surprised to see that the number one rated resort among hundredswas one that I had never heard of, Floridays. My daughter, who is a local, went and checked it out, and reported that it was beautiful and the staff very nice. I was still a little nervous, but we reserved a 2 bedroom for 4 nights between Christmas and New Year and we could not have been happier with our stay. The resort is indeed beautiful, the suites fully and nicely equipped, the staff was very professional and also friendly, every one of them. They either have superb training, or are taken care of very well by management, or both.
The family pool was the highlight of the stay for us-we did not visit the theme parks, so the pool was our recreation for 2 days. It was perfect for our 5 and 4 year old granchildren, and we enjoyed the poolside cafe. The pool area was clean, tons of towels available, poolside bar. Everything was thought of. There was not a full service restaurant, but we were so tired and with little kids we did not feel like going out a couple of nights. We ordered from the onsite cafe/market and it was great. The only small thing that I can quibble about, is that I wish there was a playground on the property. One of the days it was much too cold to swim, but we wanted to do something with the kids. A little play area would be nice. Of course, most people who are going to Orlando are headed to the the theme parks and don't need a playground.
I would definitely recommend the Floridays for a family that wants to be near the theme parks and all the amenities of International Drive. Comfortable, quiet and luxurious rooms, super friendly and efficient staff, and almost unbelievable value. You can't beat it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the back of Building D overlooking a pretty lake and had the skyline of Orlando in the...
2  Thank Pixie0923
Wayne S, Director of Front Office Operations at Floridays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Pixie0923 -- Thanks for the great review. Glad we made you a believer. You gave some good descriptions, and I'm pleased to hear that all our staff took good care of you. I appreciate your suggestion of a play area. We've been considering it, trying to find the best place for one. Keep an eye out; it could happen. Your recommendation means a lot, and we can't wait to greet you back on your next Orlando visit.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

It really is a nice place to stay except the cleaning service was just terrible!
They come in and do nothing but make the beds and take the trash out!
It would have been nice if they vaccum and clean the bathroom as well... Our family was actually shocked at the level of cleaning service given by the resort. We were there the whole week and bathrooms and carpets were never cleaned once! Also, I did the dish in the dish washer and the cleaning lady drank water out of the mug and left her lipstick stain on the mug but did not bother to put it in the dish washer but put the mug back into the cabinet for us to use!!!

5  Thank Monica R
Wayne S, Director of Front Office Operations at Floridays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Monica R -- Thanks for your review. I apologize for your experience with the coffee mug. That's certainly not typical of our service. And I'm sorry our standard "Trash 'n Tidy" housekeeping service wasn't better explained to you at check-in, although this service is detailed prior to our guest’s arrival in Floridays confirmation letters. Once informed, most of our guests (as you may have read in other reviews in the Trip Advisor community) are delighted knowing that the trash is removed, towels replaced and the beds are made daily. Additional full cleaning services are also available for an added fee should they be required. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is an annual stay for our family of 6 during the holidays, and it did nit disappoint. The check in was quick and professional. The 3 bedroom accommodations were clean and quiet. The cafe and bar were superb. Ringing in the New Year was memorable!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear pzm -- Thanks for the review, and Happy New Year to you and your family, too. And, thanks for making us your annual stay. We appreciate our loyal past guests. Glad that we are able to continue delivering the high level of service you deserve. See you next year!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here recently, during Christmas holidays. The hotel is very close to Sea World and close to other parks as well. We stayed in a 3 bed room suite. Rates are reasonable. The rooms were very clean and the Kitchen is awesome, you will not miss your home. Staffs were also great.
They even accommodated our last minute request to extend our stay for one more day, they did not play with rates even though I asked in the last minute to extend the reservation by a day.

This is a great place to stay in Orlando!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear nsskumar -- Thanks for the review, and for spending your Christmas holiday with us. Great to hear our staff took good care of you. It was our pleasure that we were able to extend your stay with us. Come back and stay longer with us in the near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was my 2nd year of staying at Floridays for the Eukanuba/Agility Invitational and I was really glad we came back! A little bummed at first -- last year I had a ground-floor room and this year we ended up on the 4th floor -- but it was fine. We were in building D; the elevators were very fast, there was never a problem going up or down.

Very pet-friendly, although we had a slight issue with the balcony when we arrived -- one of our dogs was TINY and could easily have fit through the railings (and plunged to her death). Certainly not the hotel's fault -- the railings are more than adequate for the humans they're meant to contain -- and we fortunately happened to have a 4-section expen with us that fit perfectly across it. Secured it with a couple of bungee cords and we were good to go -- just something to think about it you're traveling with smaller breed dogs.

Other small issues (and I'm only mentioning them because I was SO pleased at how easily they were resolved): Upon arrival, we noticed the deadbolt on the door wasn't working and the windows in the master bedroom were impossible to open. Before we had a chance to call the front desk about it, I happened to run into one of the staff repair guys in the elevator and mentioned it to him. He promised to come to our room after he finished the mission he was on, and sure enough he did! Fixed the deadbolt and got the windows working, no problem. We also discovered the first morning that one of the alarm clocks wasn't working -- left a note for housekeeping about it and when we returned that evening we found a brand new alarm clock waiting for us on the table. Certainly have NO complaints about the service!

Due to the show, we didn't get to try out many of the hotel's amenities, but the parking was adequate and the unit was terrific. Clean, comfortable and plenty of room. Beds were comfortable; showers were great; loved the toiletries provided. All the appliances worked just fine -- I really liked having a toaster for my morning english muffin -- and I brought plenty of k-cups for the Keurig coffeemaker. We stocked up at the Publix around the corner and it was great being able to have breakfast every morning at oh-dark-hundred before we left, make sandwiches or whatever we needed to bring for lunch and even have stuff to eat dinner there a few nights. Nice and quiet at night for unwinding after the madness of a day spent at the Convention Center; it was fabulous to be able to eat like humans at a real table while allowing our 4-legged teammates the opportunity to chill out and relax instead of being locked in a crate in the car while we grabbed a bite who knows where. Our last night we did go to the Benihana restaurant; it was a lot of fun and a very good meal.

Although this resort is the furthest distance from the convention center, the drive (especially at 5 in the morning) is very easy -- it's a straight shot up the quieter part of I-Drive, past SeaWorld.

I was a little distressed by the..um...carelessness of some of the other dog-owning guests with respect to picking up after their dogs, but again, in NO way was this the hotel's fault. However, I would suggest that if they continue to be one of the hotels for the Eukanuba show, as I sincerely hope they do, they might want to put out more trash containers in an effort to encourage their guests to be more...ahem...responsible.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Fleethecold -- Thanks for the review, and thanks for coming back for this year's convention. I'm glad you and your dog had a good time. Your comment about the balcony is a good one; we'll have to consider that for the future. I appreciate your positive attitude about the service you received. Things do happen while on vacation, but we feel it's our responsibility to take care of them quickly and thoroughly. Looks like we did. Most of our pet owners are considerate, but some are not. We do have receptacles around the property, in the grassy areas, for picking up after the dogs, but sounds like some of our pet owners missed them. We look forward to you and your dog returning for next year's show.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had a 3BR suite (me, my mother, 2 teenage nephews, 1 7-yr old niece), and we each had our own bed. Two huge baths, really great completely furnished kitchen, really nice living dining space, nice balcony, comfy beds--could not have been better. The hotel had a great pool (heated, which was lovely), and a nice cafe. Limited menu, and the kind of place where you'd expect to get really wretched food, but instead, it was fresh, well-seasoned, and cooked to order--we were really surprised. And to add to everything else that was good here, the staff were terrific--every single person we encountered was a real pleasure to deal with. The only downfall is the free shuttle bus to parks--not run by the hotel--very limited times. One freezing cold day, left us stranded--bus just never showed. Bus was late other times. Pain in the neck, but then I guess you get what you pay for, and we paid nothing for shuttle . . . . other than that, highly recommend this place. I could live in the room we had very comfortably.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor of A building--we heard nothing from rooms above or below us. We were really cl...
1  Thank MB_Baltimore

Dear MB_Baltimore -- Thank you for the review. So pleased that you enjoyed everything at our Palm Cafe. Again, I apologize for your experience with the bus shuttle that one night. We have spoken with the bus service about the experience. I recall that we bought you all dinner at the Cafe, to help warm you up after your experience. Glad you enjoyed it. Your recommendation means a lot to us, so thanks for that. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

From Kristin at the Front desk giving my elderly Parents directions over the phone, to Gilda the Conciege and the Cleaning lady that found my lost gold earring, ALL of the service at this resort was Supreme! Our Accommodations were spacious and clean. The pool area and bar were also very nice. The only negative was the constant traffic jam surrounding the nearby outlet mall, making access to the resort slow.

Room Tip: The 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath Suite is a winner for large family groups.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear BruPete -- I appreciate your review of your stay. Great to read the names of some of the individuals who helped make your vacation with us so special. I'm sorry about the traffic you experienced. This time of year is especially busy, with those doing their Christmas shopping at the Premium Outlet. Come back and see us again soon.