“Mother/Daughter Shopping Trip”
Review of Floridays Resort

Floridays Resort
Ranked #21 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is by far the best value and is the nicest resort in the area. Everyone is friendly and helpful and the room is always clean and ready when we arrive. The beds are also the most comfortable beds around. My daughter and i came into town to go shopping and spend some mother/daughter time. The pool is amazing and all ages can enjoy just hanging out. There are also shuttles and trolleys available to take you to the outlet malls, etc. I have been to this hotel many times and always look forward to coming back.

2  Thank pamela w
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Floridays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear pamela w -- Great to see you back with us, and thanks for the kind review. The Mother/Daughter Shopping Trip sounds like a special experience. Glad we could be a part of it. We look forward to your next visit with us.

A TripAdvisor Member
Orlando
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We originally wanted to stay for 2 nights and ended up staying one extra night for a very low rate. The rooms are amazing and the master bathroom is huge. One thing I didn't like is the business center. I needed to print a few pages and you have to load a prepaid card in order to print.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Guest -- Thanks for the review of your stay with us. Glad you enjoyed your suite. I apologize that the business center wasn't to your satisfaction. We will keep your comment in mind as we continually look to improve all our services. So you know for the future, the Front Desk is happy to print out Boarding Passes (if that's what you needed) at no charge. I look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed only one night recently, in a three bedroom suite in building C. It was worth the money spent, and it had everything we could need for a short stay, and then some. The views from the windows are uninviting, as there is a lot of construction going on around the resort. We opted to have the curtains drawn, and forgot about the outside.
My only complaint about Floridays is the staff, and specifically the maid service. They were loud and unprofessional. They were constantly carrying on personal conversations with one another in the hallways in loud, rude manner; totally oblivious to guests walking by. Once as I waited for the elevator, a group of them jumped in ahead of me with their cleaning push cart. In hotels in most civilized countries, guests have priority using an elevator; not to mention, most hotels have separate service elevators. I saw some of them walk right past trash on the floor, that had been there from the night before. Maybe it wasn't their job to pick it up, but they should be taught to have pride in the place that employs them, to take the initiative to clean up something that may be a hazard to guests, or just plain common sense... They should all go back to "staff service 101".

4  Thank SUBTROPICALZONE
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Floridays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear SUBTROPICALZONE -- Thanks for the review. I'm glad to hear that you received good value for your short stay. I apologize for the roadwork going on next door. Sometimes, upon request, we're able to re-locate guests to another suite, so they have a better view. I'm sorry we weren't able to do that for you. And I'm sorry for your experience with our housekeepers. What you described is not typical or in line with our guest service policies, so I apologize for your experience. I'm passing this comment on to our Director of Housekeeping, so he can look into this situation further. I do hope you'll consider coming back to visit us again, in hopes that we can raise the level of satisfaction with your next trip.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We spent the last two days of our trip at Floridays. Coming from Old Key West at Disney we were a little disapointed with the apartment at Floridays. It was in building F and had been refurbished. It was dark with dark wood furnishings and far from the main reception (not a problem for us as we had a car). If you dont drive, ask for buildings A or B but expect more traffic noise. However, the reception desk was very helpful (we had a flat tyre) and the apartment had everything you could need and was clean. There was a pool close by. The view was uninspiring - other apartment blocks and wasteland that was being developed to the side. The I-Ride trolley seemed to stop at the hotel which would be really handy if you didn't have a car.

The apartment was fairly spacious but the second twin bedroom fronted the external walkway which meant a lot of noise in the mornings when people left. However, it was all clean and well furnished and great to have the laundry room and iron and board. There was a shopping complex close by and an Outback Steak house which served fab food.

I don't think I would want to spend a two week holiday here but if you are on a budget then it's great value compared to some of the other places on I - Drive.

Room Tip: Buildings close to the main reception if you don't drive - Blocks A or B
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ozmum38

Dear ozmum38 -- Thank you for leaving a review of your stay. I'm sorry you were disappointed with your suite. While I'm pleased you found it clean and well furnished, I apologize for the outside noise you heard from the second bedroom. And as far as the view, sometimes, when we aren't very full, we're able to move guests around, to improve their view. I'm sorry we weren't able to do that for you. I do hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Had a 2BR condo in bldg A for a family of 5 with 3 children. The room was spacious, clean, newer with nice decor and well stocked. Bldg A was close to main pool area but the views from balcony were ok (small lake backed by parking lot and then International Drive). Light housekeeping each day where they made beds, dumped garbage and replaced towels. Only issue of note with room was they did not have a standard coffee maker but rather a Keurig machine that came with 5 complimentary cups. Additional cups were available in store for $1.50 ea. Other than that no complaints and had real comfortable stay. Room is as nice as advertised.

The resort itself and surrounding grounds were well kept and offered some nice views. The main pool was on the smaller size compared to some of the other resorts we have stayed at in Orlando but had a little splash area for kids and there was a little sand area just off pool deck that offered a beach feel. Resort didn’t have any poolside activities for kids which you typically get from an Orlando resort which can be a negative but it does provide a nice quiet, tranquil environment.

Bathrooms near pool were well maintained and there was plenty of towels available throughout day. Being early November it wasn’t real busy so not real crowded but I suspect during peak times it may be a little difficult getting a chair by pool. Nice little poolside bar, the beer was a little on high side but the mixed drinks were comparable to other resorts in area. We spent most of the time poolside and had an enjoyable time!

Check in /out was very easy and front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. Overall a very nice stay and good value for the money. Would definitely go back and highly recommend.

2  Thank simbadusty

Dear simbadusty -- Thanks for the review. I'm glad you found the suite clean and new. Many guests prefer the new Keurig coffee makers, but we do have some drip models, for guests who prefer that style. And many guests pick up extra K-cup coffee pods when they buy groceries, and they can find them at a lower price. I'm sorry you missed our poolside activities. They happen on Saturdays and Sundays. I'm happy to hear that our Front Desk staff took good care of you. Come back soon, perhaps on a weekend, and stay with us again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The apartments are large and clean. The kitchen make it easier to families. The public areas were clean.
The wi-fi signal was poor in the rooms. Also the TV in the rooms kept going out of signal.
The location was wonderful for people expecting shopping because there is a outlet just two minutes away.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear thiago_bergmann -- Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. I'm happy that you found the suites large and clean, and saw the benefit of having the full kitchen. I apologize for the quality of the WiFi in your suite, and your challenge with the TV signal. Those are not typical for our resort, so we'll have our maintenance team look into that right away. I hope you'll come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed in one of the newer rooms for a 4 day weekend. Our room was new and super spacious. The kitchen was stocked with everything. Common areas of resort were also nice. For the money an amazing value. The pool and snack bar area are nice, but probably not as extravagant as some other resorts in the area. We were not at the pool on the weekends.

Only downside was that there was some construction on the entrance area while we were there which made finding the resort difficult in the dark the first time. Also they could have maybe done a little bit better job cleaning the room.

All in all though and excellent place, would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear LJGMD -- Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I'm glad you found the suite and kitchen to your liking. I apologize that you had a challenge finding our entrance. That situation should be resolved in the near future. And I'm sorry you didn't feel the suites were cleaned well enough. I'll be sure to mention it to our Director of Housekeeping. I am pleased that you will be coming back, and recommending us to family and friends. See you soon.