Floridays Resort
$76
HolidayInn.com
$127
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$149
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$493
$391
Travelocity
8,879 results
All reviewsbuilding bfull kitchenpalm cafebedroom suitewasher and dryerpublix supermarketinternational drivemain poolpool areapremium outletssmaller poolhome away from homemaster bathsea worldstayed in buildingkids loved the poolminute drive
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This resort is really good and would have got 5 stars. it is very family friendly and ideally located next to a supermarket and the largest premium outlet mall . There are great places to eat within minutes from the resort. The apartments are great as we had 2 bedrooms at less than a hotel room rate . We had an en-suite attached to the main bedroom and my 2 teenage daughters had a double bed each with tv and their own bathroom. Both pools are more than adequate and never get overly busy ..... There is always a lounger to be found. I would definitely go back without hesitation.
The only down sides that we found were as follows.......

1. The beds are made up and towels changed daily but the room is not vacuumed and there is no vacuum cleaner so you could have crisps food etc on your carpet for 2 weeks. This can be easily sorted by the management within the service charge which i believe is excessive

2. The Bar Tenders are generally poor with Carolina being exceptional and very attentive and acknowledges your needs and gets into a conversation . Apart from her the others just make you wait and do not acknowledge you and in 2 cases even ignored me to my anger . They have no system of who was first to be served and just serve the first person they see . they also have their friends or colleagues around the bar which I find unprofessional and distractive. When it comes to settling the bill they become friendly and smile as they want their tip ............. They don't deserve one for the service they provide .

If the management can sort out the 2 issues mentioned this a 5 star excellent place to stay but all in all you don't have to use their bar ....... I only used it 3 times because of the poor service .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank JazzyP40
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I had a business conference to attend at the The disney swan hotel and decided to bring the family along (my kids, parents, and neice/nephew) We booked a 3 bedroom Suite and it was perfect for us. I loved the master bedroom and bath! The full kitchen was a bonus for having a quick breakfast. And, I LOVED that they had a washer/dryer in the room. It is a short drive to Disney and the place is very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed two nights on a weekend in August.

TIP: BOOK DIRECTLY THROUGH FLORIDAYS WEBSITE. I seriously spent several hours going through every single third-party agent and Floridays gave the best rate using their Website options.

Floridays’ customer service was great from the beginning. I had made a reservation online but forgot to put in my AAA number for the special rate. I made a phone call and had the rate changed by a pleasant customer-service agent in 10 minutes and had an electronic receipt within 20 minutes.

When I arrived for check-in I was very impressed. The main lobby was ornately decorated and the guest service personnel were extremely friendly and helpful. I waited only 2-3 minutes in line before I was attended to for check-in.

When I walked into the 3-bedroom suite, it was better looking than even the pictures had shown. The rooms were immaculate, the kitchens clean and the bathrooms sparkling. It was very spacious and the layout really adds to the spacious dynamic because the kitchen runs straight into the dining room and living room.

The rooms are carpeted and the bathrooms and kitchen are tiled, which makes for a very modern look.

The furniture wasn’t as modern looking, but was in pretty clean condition.

The master bedroom was very open and the bathroom was only accessible from inside the master room. The other 2 bedrooms were on the other side of the suite, so there was lots of privacy. The master bedroom King was firm but comfortable and the pillows were soft. The guest bedrooms had two large twin beds in each.

The Jacuzzi bathtub in the master was a lot of fun and the jets were very relaxing after a day of traveling.

The walls were not terribly thick, but we didn’t have too much of a noise issue because there was no one staying in the neighboring suite and we were on the edge of the building. The guest rooms didn’t hear much noise because the central A/C unit was in their hallway, and the unit made a soft hum that helped dampen sounds.

The kitchen was great because it was fully loaded. It had cooking pans, utensils, glass cups, wine glasses a blender and more. It really felt like being at home.

The balcony was a fun treat. We faced another hotel and a grass field, but the view didn’t matter because we were looking for a more private scene which this location (building F) provided. It had two chairs and a table and could comfortably hold three people sitting out there.

The supplies were sufficient for our 2-day stay. We were given the standard bath soaps and towels as well as dish detergent, dishwashing soap for the dishwasher, a paper towel roll, toilet paper, ice bucket, a new sink sponge, coffee kit, tea and Tide Laundry detergent for 1 load. (I hear you may want to bring some extra supplies if you stay for more than 3 days.)

The washer and dryer worked great and we used it to clean our clothes which were wet from swimming.

The Wi-Fi was decent. It would occasionally blip out, but no real connection problems.

The only defect in the suite was that one of the kitchen lights was out, but the room has so many different lights that it didn’t make a difference.

The Housekeeping included:

Replacing our towels.
Replenishing our bathroom amenities.
Housekeeping made our beds like.
Housekeeping took out the trash – including extra bags we ended up filling.

Full Maid service costs another $40 (sheet change, cleaning), but we really didn’t need it for the weekend as cleaned up after ourselves.

We brought some black trash bags, extra papers towels and extra toilet paper which ended up being handy. I figured spending a few dollars would be worth the time instead of having to request extra service.

A Publix was 1/4 mile away as well as several restaurants. It was very convenient and we bought a pizza to cook in the oven – which came out great!

Check-out was at 11 a.m. We were about 15 minutes late to it but they didn’t seem to care which was very considerate.

Overall, I cannot imagine why anyone would want to stay anywhere else. For the price, you get the comfort of home and more space than you know what to do with. It is great for families or for a relaxing birthday weekend (which mine was). The only consideration someone may have is noise and traffic. If you want to be by the main pool and don’t mind kids everywhere and the traffic, take a building toward the front. If you want peace and quiet, take a building by the back.

I would recommend this resort to anyone looking to have a full-featured hotel at a very inexpensive rate.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jaime M
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I consider myself an eclectic traveler, having stayed in hostels to six star hotels. I have stayed in Floridays based on my wife experience and reviews on Tripadvisor. In my opinion, staying there is like flying a low cost airline, you know you are going to the get the basics, everything else is extra. The problem is they don't tell you in advance how much they are going to cost.

Although the infrastructure is comfortable, it lacks in services and cleanliness. For instance, given we don't live in the US, we did some shopping on the internet, just to find out that the hotel has a $10 fee for handling each package that was delivered to a guest. In the end, they cancelled part of the fees, but it was very annoying that they even tried to charge it. I was at the front desk one day and overheard the front desk lady speaking to the bell boy receiving one package: "Is it heavy? Let me make sure I will double charge it." That made me believe that there is no criteria to charge it besides the frontdesk mood. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was clearly described by the time I made our reservation. Not the case though.

The daily maid service lacks in quality, and from what I witnessed not even wiping the bathroom floor was performed. Given that we stayed there for over a week, we decided to hire the full maid service one day for $40 (you have to reserve it one day ahead). Honestly, it felt that it was exactly like the "basic" service.

One positive aspect of our stay: My pregnant wife needed to see a doctor while we were there. The concierge, Nilda, was very helpful and recommended a doctor that was very helpful.

In conclusion, if you want to stay in a place where your room will be cleaned each day and there are packages you are going to have delivered, beware of the hidden fees. I am definitely taking my business somewhere else, there are plenty of hotels in Orlando.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
12  Thank maumac
AleMartinez316, Front Office Manager at Floridays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Good Afternoon,

First and foremost I wanted to thank you for taking the time out to provide us with your feedback. It is very valuable to us and we appreciate it.

I would also like to take a moment to apologize for all and any inconveniences you may have experienced throughout your stay as well as the fact that our service standards did not meet your expectations.

Please note that we are more than happy to accept packages for any of our guests. The resort does charge a package handling fee for all packages which is listed on the hotels website:

Can the hotel accept boxes for a guest who has not checked in?
Yes. Package handling fees start at $10 for one small package (under 25 pounds) and $15 for any package over 25 pounds, for every 5 days held. Additional fees for more or larger packages or longer times may apply. Please contact the hotel directly at (407)-238-7700 for the exact fee.

In regards to your Housekeeping related concerns please note you are correct that as a Condo/Hotel Resort we do provide limited Housekeeping services that include removal of trash, making of the beds, and replenishing of towels, and any additional cleaning is available at an additional cost. This process also assists the resort in its going green efforts which have led to the resort being designated as a Palm I by the State of Florida.

I am glad to hear Nilda was attentive and responded to your needs. We do hope your wife is feeling better. Once again we appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Floridays Resort in the future! Please contact me if you require any assistance. Thank you and take care.

(321) 329-4030
amartinez@floridaysorlando.com

Reviewed August 14, 2011

The rooms were clean, spacious and just like the pictures. The staff was very accomodating. We were on the 1st floor and did not have any "noise" problems during the day or evening. It was refreshing that a hotel lived up to expectations. We spent quite a bit of time reading reviews and comparing other properties. My entire family loved our Floridays experience. We look forward to going back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family