“Wonderful!”
Review of Floridays Resort

Floridays Resort
Ranked #21 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 27, 2007

Great place to stay! Loved the double shot peach daiquries at the little pool side bar. Very nice pool. Big rooms and nice TV's in the rooms. Very laid back - loved it.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Longhorn82

Reviewed September 27, 2007

My daughter and I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for 4 nights while doing college tours in the Orlando area. We were EXTREMEL:Y happy with the accomodations. Roomy, beautifully decorated, very clean and comfortable. We were very impressed and felt very comfortable throughout our stay. Location was great, shopping and restaurants nearby; we did make it to Disney in addition to spending time at UCF and that was also very close. We did have maid service - each day they refreshed our room, made the bed, left many towels, etc. I tend to be on the fussy side about where I stay and I was totally satisfied with Floirdays. I have stayed at other hotels that people on this site raved about and I was not impressed at these other properties. However, I do agree with others on this one. I would DEFINITELY come again, and hope to do so soon!!!! I can recomment this facility without reservation.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
11  Thank sarhop
Reviewed September 18, 2007

My family stayed at the Floridays resort from March 19 - 24, 2007. After extensive research, I selected the resort primarily because of its location and affordability. But, added bonuses were the facts that my family of four could be comfortably accomodated and the hotel was brand new. The two bedroom suite was beautiful and spacious. My husband and I enjoyed the shower and whirlpool bath in the master bedroom. Also, the privacy was unmatched. The master bedroom was far enough from our teenage sons' room that it was like a second honeymoon for my husband and me. The beds were large and extremely comfortable. I didn't want to get out of bed each morning though we're very early risers at home. Still, the call of the parks and the college our elder son plans to attend next year forced me to leave the plush luxury of the room. Let me not forget to mention the hospitality of the staff, which was greatly appreciated. Finally, the pool areas were tops. Although the larger pool near the bar was always crowded, the atmosphere was fun. We simply preferred the smaller pool because it was less crowded and the jacuzzi is located there. All in all, we had such a wonderful time I booked our vacation at Floridays for next March as soon as we returned.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
14  Thank UmmKhaleelwaKharee
Reviewed September 16, 2007

We stayed for 4 nights at the Floridays in May 2007, I researched and researched, before I finally picked this hotel, and I think for the money, it was the right choice. My husband is a hotel manager (totally unrelated to Floridays), we were there for a conference he was attending, and we were suppposed to stay at the Gaylord Palms, but after reading reviews, and since we had our soon to be 2 yr. old daughter with us, I thought a condo type room would be much more comfortable. Don't come to this resort and expect pampering, the staff was pleasant, but nothing special, but I didn't expect special, because we weren't paying through the nose. Housekeeping just gave us new towels most of the time and didn't make the beds, which again I really didn't care about. They give you coffee for you coffee pot free for the first day, but if you want any more you need to buy your own, same for laundry soap, shampoo, soap, etc....again this is not like a regular hotel......it's a condo. I loved having the washer and dryer in the room, did a load before we left and it worked out great. The rooms are lovely, and the decor is very tasteful. One of the reasons I booked this hotel, was for the indoor playroom, which was tiny, and pointless. The pool was very nice with a little one. We had "Super Sitters" baby sitting service come and it was really wonderful....I couldn't have felt more comfortable leaving our little girl with her. It was nice they come to your room and watch them, again much more comfortable than being in a regular hotel room. Nice to have tv's in every room. Also had a dvd player. I really wrestled between this hotel and the Sheraton across the street, but the nice thing about the Floridays is, it is all pretty new, you don't have to worry about getting stuck in the old section, like over at the Sheraton. I don't know why people say that the Outback, and Publix, and the Outlets are in walking distance, I guess you can walk, especially if you have been walking miles around the parks, but it would be a little bit of a hike, and I wouldn't recommend it with small children. If the weather is really hot, you would probably be pretty disgusting by the time you got to Outback to eat, which is probably not how you would want to feel to go enjoy dinner. I thought it was nice to have a rental car, and we got a super rate using the Entertainment guide and used Enterprise at the airport, and when we got there we were just supposed to get something like a pontiac G6, and there weren't any readily available so they gave us a Pacifica for the same price, much more comfortable to ride around in. I hope this helps, I was just trying to put in the things that I was concerned about when I was booking this trip.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
14  Thank blondiemomof3
Reviewed September 13, 2007

I got a deal off Bookit.com for about $143 a night for a two bedroom suite instead off $199+, which was GREAT. The hotel was beautiful, granite countertops, safe in the master bathroom, beautiful tiling..Loved the jacuzzi and the shower..! It was very quiet and there were a total of 3 pools I think..and a washer and dryer and dishwasher right in the unit..The only thing was that when you get close to the elevator, it gets unbearably hot. The cleaning lady, though, spoke no English, so we had to speak to her in SPanish so that she could come back..It took a while to get towels when we requested it..but overall, it was a great experience. The Shopping Outlets was right down the street, which was a plus...

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
9  Thank baebeecakes
Reviewed September 8, 2007

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite over the Labor Day weekend and couldn't have been more happy with the accommodations. From the cleanliness, to the decor, it was well worth the price. The location was close to everything. The only complaint we had was the temporary entrance is very bumpy and not well signed. Once the new entrance is open, it will add even more appeal to the resort. I would definitely recommend this resort if you want a great place to stay that is within close proximity to I-4, Disney, the convention center, and shopping, along with a beautiful pool area, exercise room, and cafe' that serves Starbucks coffee.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank japw82
Reviewed September 4, 2007

The reason I will give this hotel an average score, and not below is because the value for your dollar here, for what you get, is great.

There were a lot of little things wrong with the 2 bedroom suite we stayed in. If I was to spend my days calling management to fix things I would not have had much time to vacation. We stayed in Building E 606 from Aug 4-12 so we stayed for quite a long time also.

Positives:

Place looked nice at first glance
Washer/dryer in the suite
Nice balcony to sit on
Housekeeping replinshed towels, soap, etc on a daily basis

Negatives:

When I first checked in I said I wanted a suite in building C near the pool (granted I had requested this months before and we paid upfront for a 12 day stay. There were none available.) The girl said "I'll put you in Building E. It's a straight walk to the pool". She didn't say it was a straight, real long, walk so I felt this was a little deceptive right up front.

At one point a few days into the stay we had 4 keys and none worked. We discovered this after a long day at the park when we arrived home and I had to use the restroom quickly. So then we cannot get in the room. Management tells me the only other available bathroom is at the main building, you know the straight, long walk. So the guy comes and gives us new keys but also had to adjust the door lock because that was malfunctioning.

At least 3 of the lamps did not work in the suite.

The sound on the main TV in the living room did not work on many of the channels. The same night of the key incident I told the manager this and he said he would have it fixed. Next day....NOT! Still same problem. I called the desk again and the girl said that no one had been called to fix the TV yet. She said they would have to call the cable company to come. I said ", Well can you please do that". She said "yes". Cable company never came. It was never fixed.

We noticed gross soap scum on the side of the bath tub in the guest bathroom and asked housekeeping to clean it. They only half cleaned it so my son always used the master bath instead of that bath which was closer to his room.

You can still hear the tractors backing up on the construction site next door but that was not too bad if the air conditioner is on to drown it out.

One thing we did hear that was annoying was ducks, day and night. We faced a pond (I guess that's what you call it. It looked like a mud hole to me with a water fountain in the middle). Also a lot of noise until 11pm from kids yelling at the pool.

Conceirge during the day was good but the one on the weekend was too lazy or incompetent to take info and book dinner reservations for us. She told us to call her back when the restaurant opened. By that time we were in the parks and made the reservations oursleves. Interestingly enough none of the restaurants we went to that were recommended by Floridays new who they were.

Now who would ever paint a bathroom with flat paint. The area around the toilet gets dirty first usually. Of course I tried to wash a spot off and half the paint came off with it.

Things in the suite are made cheaply. Doors don't close properly, etc. When we first arrived I had considered going to the time share talk, because I have been thinking of buying one, but by the following Friday when we were invited to it I had definitely decided I would never buy into a place like this. It's nice now but cheaply consturcted. In 5 years from now it will be a mess if managements lack of oversight continues.

The thing I dislike the most is that the front door was open day and night...no security.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family