“Great taste-value ratio”
Review of Lac Viet Bistro

Lac Viet Bistro
Ranked #752 of 3,805 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: French, Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Lac Viet Bistro is specializing in traditional Vietnamese cuisine, especially Northern region cuisine. The restaurant provides romantic atmosphere with mixed old French and traditional Vietnam decoration. Also, our spacious patio welcome you and your four-leg companion anytime during the year. We commit to provide exceptional foods and services.
“Great taste-value ratio”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Appetizer sampler was average. Chicken pho was stuffed with lots of chicken. My combo pho had lots of meat. Broth was very good. In fact our pho was better than our go-to place in Philly's little Vietnam. Cant beat the price, taste, quantity of the pho.
Garlic steamed whole tilapia was very good as well.
Service by our young waiter was friendly and efficient.
Decor is a cross between a tiki room and the Quiet American.
Restroom - so-so....
Will go back.

• Visited February 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Great authentic Viet food”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've had Viet food all over the U.S. and this place has always been consistently good.
The best papaya salad is the best I've had.
I always make time to eat at Lac Viet when I'm in Orlando.

• Visited January 2013
None of your business
“Tasty Vietnamese Food”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I'm Vietnamese, so I've had a lot of Vietnamese food both at home and at various restaurants around the world, and I must say that this restaurant serves quite tasty Vietnamese food. The canh chua ca (sour fish soup) was amazing, as was the dau hu xao sa ot (tofu sauteed with spicy lemon grass). The clams sauteed in black bean sauce was also very good. The sauce was sweet with a little bit of tang, and very addicting. Fried red snapper was very fresh and crispy and tasted great with the mango fish sauce, although I must admit that the mixed fish sauce was just barely on the salty side. Although all of these dishes were very good, I cannot say the same for all of the dishes at Lac Viet. Avoid the banh beo and definitely the ca kho to (fish baked in a clay pot). The ca kho to was way too salty (I downed a lot of water after every bite of that dish), and the banh beo was okay but the nearby Vietnamese restaurant Anh Hong has better banh beo so go there instead if you want to eat banh beo. The interior of Lac Viet is very pleasant and clean for a Vietnamese restaurant (a lot of Vietnamese restaurants look pretty grimy), and the service was kind of inconsistent. The first day we ate there, the service was great and extremely attentive. The second day was decent but somewhat of a let down, and the third day, the service was horrible even though they weren't that busy since it was close to 9 pm.

• Visited December 2012
“The best Vietnamese food I've ever had!!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

What we had; spring rolls, papaya salad, wrap and roll with beef, Thai tea boboa;) super fresh, a little different take on the papaya salad, great presentation of all dishes. Great service, and attention to detail. This is not the first time we have been here, we live in Tampa and every time we come to Orlando we make it a point to come to this FIND of a restaurant :D the place is filled with mostly veitmanese customers (that should tell you something.. Pease try it you will not regret it!

• Visited November 2012
Windermere, Florida
“Gourmet Vietnamese”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our first visit to Lac Viet Bistro was quite a surprise. This is not your typical bare-table, no atmosphere Vietnamese restaurant. We had appetizers - spring rolls with shrimp and pork, fresh and tasty. I had a delicious vegetarian noodle bowl and my husband had rice crepes filled with sauteed ground pork. Everything we had was great and the portions were very large. My only disappointment was the green tea I was served. Ok, you're a top-notch restaurant - don't serve me LIPTON green tea in a tea bag. It totally ruined the mood! Close to downtown, lots of parking.

• Visited October 2012