“Awesome Bar B Q”

Yellow Dog Eats
Ranked #16 of 3,762 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Frisco, Colorado
“Awesome Bar B Q”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Amazing menu - fuses traditional southern Bar B Q with modern flavors. Two of us had "What the Fig" sandwhiches and I had the "What the Fig" Salad - same meal but over salad instead of a sandwich. Both were amazing...a really neat fusion of pulled pork, figs, goat cheese and spices. Well worth the trip!

1 Thank Eric R

Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth the drive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Based on the reviews, I decided to give this place a try with my family. This place is a bit out of the way, but well worth the trip as they have the best BBQ pulled pork I have ever had. We had the Elvis Club (3) and the Tacos (2) and my family of 5 couldn't eat it all. Fish's golden sauce was delicious. The chocolate cake finished off a fabulous meal! The decor is eclectic and a lot of fun. Would recommend this place to anyone!

1 Thank Johnny_Canuck2013
Orlando, Florida
“The rumors are true. The food is that good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

5 of us came down for lunch today and very honestly, we were all impressed. Admittedly, The Yellow Dog Eats is off the beaten path, but well worth the drive. It's located an old house and has ample parking around the back.

When you come in through the back entrance, you walk through the outdoor dining area, which is exceptionally quaint and has lots of tables. Some customers even had their dogs, as this is a dog friendly establishment. You have to go into the house to order and be prepared to get on line. Rest assured the line moves quickly, but grabbing a menu and having your order ready when you get to the front of the line is helpful. The owner is a really nice and animated guy who is actively engaged in helping customers figure everything out. He tells you what the product is that's being served up at the counter, answers questions, and helps keep the line flowing. It's a bit unusual for an owner to be that engaged, but it works and is really helpful.

The menu is expansive and has something for everyone. BBQ, sandwiches, Mexican, salads, vegetarian, and some dangerously sinful homemade desserts. My daughter had the pulled pork sandwich and it was amazing. Two others ordered the Thin Elvis, a pulled pork sandwich with slaw and a bunch of other stuff, coming together to create a meal that looks like it's straight from the Food Network. My son had the Puppy Love sandwich, a PB&J with banana and more. I had a vegetarian wrap with Bulgar wheat, hummus, tabbouleh, and lots of fresh veggies. The beer cheese soup is worth the calories too!

The restaurant interior is completely modern hippie kitsch. Very welcoming and relaxed, completely suitable for families or dates. The outdoor dining is perfect to eat in and hang out, complete with a restored VW Microbus.

The entire experience reminds me of a really cool healthy / fresh dining experience you'd find in a college town. Highly recommend for everyone and we will definitely be back. It's fresh, fun, reasonably healthy, and all good.

1 Thank David G
“Awesome Place! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I was invited to this restaurant by a friend of mine. The name threw me off a bit since I've never heard or seen it. It definitely has its own style. I ordered the curry chicken wrap. Yumm! All the choices on the menu looked great. The atmosphere was cozy (to me at least). Reminded me a bit of Colorado. The parking is in the back mostly and from the looks of it, I can see how busy this place can get. Overall it is definitely a change from the norm around Orlando. If you are looking for a different place with a great menu selection, this is a must try. Looking forward to my next visit.

2 Thank Olarte
Orlando, Florida
“I think I'm in need of a second impression...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I'd actually like to give this place an additional half star, because it was better than average, and I'm willing to admit that my order was sort of uninteresting and I might really enjoy some of the other options. I ventured all the way to Gotha, intentionally seeking out this middle-of-nowhere boho sandwich joint thanks to word of mouth. Honestly I can't imagine who winds up here accidentally. Neither my mom nor I were in a bbq mood, but they had a plethora of other choices and we settled on splitting their signature club sandwich. When I inquired as to which of the three soups of the day were best, I was answered with the always unhelpful, "They're all good," so we each got a cup of the tomato. Our sandwich was definitely big enough for splitting and came with a bag of chips (a seemingly odd corporate touch for such a hippie establishment) and an unexpected tiny cup of their carrot slaw - a mix of shredded carrots, raisins, and a mayonaise-heavy curry dressing. My mom's not a curry fan, so she passed the slaw off to me, and while I found the flavor agreeable, it was a bit rich for me. The sandwich, touted as having cointreau mayo, turkey, bacon, lettuce, and cucumber on multigrain, was good. It was a tasty club sandwich, perfectly adequate. I don't usually like mayo or cucumber and I enjoyed it anyway. It just seemed like one of those places where you should probably order everything "as is" and then you can always disassemble it later if needed, but that wasn't necessary. The tomato soup was a little chunky, not fully blended, so it had an earthy quality and wasn't especially memorable flavor-wise. Ordering itself was a slightly stressful experience because we were there during lunch hour and there was a gigantic line, yet it somehow moved fast enough that you were still trying to figure out what you wanted by the time you got to the counter. Overall it wasn't a wasted trip; I'd happily go there again and try something else.

• Visited November 2013