“everything we had hoped for”
Review of Yellow Dog Eats

Yellow Dog Eats
Ranked #17 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Barbecue, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The reviews of Yellow Dog Eats had made it a must do while in the Orlando area. We were surprised at how close to Sea World it turned out to be! We arrived during a busy lunchtime but service was good and we found a nice outside table. But even if that had not gone well, the pulled pork sandwich is still dancing in our heads! We had ribs and another item (Fire Dog? which had pork and bacon in a wrap) BUT the pulled pork was heads and shoulders the must have item. We also liked the cole slaw and LOVED the baked beans. We were too full to try the unusual cupcakes like Chocolate Bacon Jack Daniels-- note to self---leave a little room for desserts next time- and there will definitely be a next time!!

There are newer reviews for Yellow Dog Eats

Reviewed March 16, 2013

it's a bit on the hippy-dippy side, and kinda far out of town if you're here for disney, but frankly, totally worth the drive. every sandwich is unique and full of dynamic flavour combinations. you serve yourself, and order at the cash register, but for fast food, it's fantastic. even the desserts are decadent and house made. their sauces are spicy and a great accompaniment to the foods if you like things a little hot and tangy. we had dinner here on our last night in town, and kinda wished we had gone here first, as we would have eaten here again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have heard from a few friends how good this place was. Last night (Thursday, March 15) a couple friends and I drove all the way out there to check it out for the first time. We walked in and some guy behind the counter says "you could not have come at a worst time". They ran out of meat. We thought he was joking but wasn't. How can a restuarant run out of meat?? We were quite disappointed. This totally wasn't the best first impression!

2  Thank D T
YellowDogEats, Owner at Yellow Dog Eats, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

We are so incredibly sorry about your experience. While we do occasionally run out of certain items due to high demand, we are bummed out to hear that you left empty handed! Mainly because there are so many other awesome things on the menu that we wished you could have tried out, cold sandwiches, salads and incredible homemade desserts! We really want to make it up to you and your friends that came out Thursday night, so if you guys will give us another chance...come on back out to Yellow Dog Eats this week and your meal will be completely on us! AND, we will do you one better…we will also send you home with a $50 gift card for future meat!

Chow for now,
♥ The Dog

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Put up with the lines, put up with the wait, put up with the chaos - this place is GREAT! When in Orlando, seek this place out. My husband had the pulled pork with these great little candied bacon bits for garnish: I had a tuna sandwich that was best in my life (I love tuna sandwiches). You really don't want to eat the whole thing, but you just can't help yourself. Fun, fabulous lunch spot.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to love this restaurant. I researched restaurants in advance of our trip, I loved the unique menu and was excited to eat there. The best way to describe this restaurant is chaotic. The one person taking the orders was too busy counting the cash in the till to address any of the customers waiting in line for quite a long time. There was no apology or acknowledgment, 4 groups of customers just stood quietly while he ignored us.

This is not a typical restaurant. There were maybe 5 tables inside and maybe 6 tables outside. It's very rustic and a kind of "serve yourself" place. We didn't know how the ordering process worked and it was never explained until I went back and asked. The 5 tables inside were full so we had to eat outside on a very cold day. Your order is announced over a speaker once it's ready.

It's unfortunate that ordering and getting the food and a table was so chaotic because the food in fact was delicious. There was a lot of unique sandwiches and my husband and I both enjoyed our food. I had the Club Elvis sandwich and my husband had the Mutt Wrap. The only downside to the food would be the sandwiches came with a bag of potato chips when I expected the "chips" to be fries.

Overall my impression was this restaurant has become so popular that the staff has forgotten about the customers. I wish I had a better experience with the service because the quality and the flavor of the food was really enjoyable.

1  Thank M_M_2012_Toronto
YellowDogEats, Owner at Yellow Dog Eats, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

First, we want to apologize for the experience you had at our restaurant., that is definitely not the norm around here. Customer service is extremely important to us and we definitely appreciate your comments.

As far as seating goes, Yellow Dog Eats is located in a historical house, not a commercial building. While this adds character to our vibe, we understand that you were disappointed having to eat outside on a cold day. In the future, we wanted to let you know that we do have more seating upstairs and all together can seat over 120 people between inside, outside and upstairs.

Thank you for your feedback on the cash draw, we have already switched that up so it will no longer be an issue. We hope you, and all of our customers, know that just because we are busy, absolutely doesn't mean we don't care. We love our customers - new, old, traveling, returning and our diehard fans that eat with us all the time! On that note, thank you for making Yellow Dog Eats a part of your travels. It was great to hear how much you loved our food! We strive to serve the best of the best at Yellow Dog Eats and are pumped to know you enjoyed it!

We always appreciate customer feedback and will absolutely use yours to improve our customers experience in the future. We hope you will come back on your next trip so we can show you a great time!

peace and love y'all!