“Love this place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
yorkshire
“Love this place”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Love coming here now when we go to Florida we went twice during our stay.First time we went was during the woofstock event which was held in the backyard there were little stalls that sold all different things from beer to dog treats,whilst we was there we had lunch and considering there was an event on we were served really quick and the food was brilliant even my auntie enjoyed her sandwich and she doesn't normally like things with sauce on.We all bought things from woofstock and even met the owner Fish Morgon.On our second visit we got there during happy hour and decided to buy some extra beers to take home me and my husband had the special which on that day was a grilled cheese sandwich with peppers in it we shared this as we had decided to get the firepig wrap to take home both of these sandwiches were amazing and I can't wait to go back again.

Visited November 2012

Bossier City, Louisiana
“This Place ROCKS . . . One of the Very Best”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Found this on trip advisor, as the wife and I had a week of vacation planned and have learned to find the best restaurants with a small amount of research before we arrive. Found out soon every 'local' living in Orlando who eats out more than twice a week knows it's one of the best restaurants out of thousands to choose from!

We went twice in the week we were in Orlando and it was absolutely delicious, hand made with the freshest, finest ingredients. If wines are your thing, they have lots . . .I don't drink but the selection was huge. I do drink iced tea, and they brew mango, raspberry and straight tea. . . it was wonderful and i mixed mango/raspberry!

I had Mr. Smoky sandwich . . the combination of pulled pork, smoked 'fresh' pineapple, and yellow dog bbq sauce left my mouth watering, in fact drooling, for the next bite. My lovely wife had smoked salmon salad, and I think I ate half of it too ---> absoultely delicious . . The decor is hippie/general store/eclectic, with pictures of dogs everywhere, post cards and you can sign your name anyplace you want to.

Sandwiches, salads, and desserts to die for...all at fair prices. What more can you ask for? Don't miss this place . . . it is out of the ordinary in a S P E C I A L way. One of the very best!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Mike L
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Inexpensive and oh so tasty.”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Such an eclectic diner, tucked away in the Windermere suburbs off Apopka Vineland, we would never have found it if it were not for Trip Advisor.

There is nothing fancy about this eatery at all. Plastic utensils, and counter service undoubtedly keep costs down but nothing is scrimped on regarding flavoursome food and good portions. The staff are also very friendly, if not also more than a little laid back in style.

The interior is bedecked with graffiti & post cards / photos of dogs. Tables and chairs are rustic and are nestled amongst bottles of house sauces etc for sale.

I had a huge tortilla wrap w pulled pork, Yellow Dog spicy BBQ sauce, n slaw. It came with crisps (chips) and I just had coke to drink. (Self serve from a soda fountain)

DW had a Mr Smokey pulled pork sandwich w smoked pineapple and YD sauce. Mt Everest looks smaller. A knife n fork were essential to eat the beast.

Both meals were very tasty, filling and with a tip came to under $30.

We "found" Yellow Dog Eats last year and were impressed then. Glad to say nothing has changed.

Don't let the appearance put you off. This place is well worth a visit, or two.

1 Thank Barry M
Orlando
“Local Gem!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

“Yellow Dog Eats” a true local find!

Amazing selections of foods, for the foodie at heart!

For months, I have heard stories of this magical restaurant, that is off the beaten path, and pretty much a local hang out! So I had to try.

Getting to the restaurant, I was a little afraid, they had no parking, never fear…. It’s around back!

The place is pretty cool, and the atmosphere is that of a hippie van meets old fashion general store meets best hang out in town! (Gilmore Girls Style) So I really "dig" it. Beautiful outdoor seating with a small stage. And a great selection of wines.

The food selection here is pretty amazing, featuring lots of picks for the meat eaters and the vegetarian & vegan, members of the food chain. From sandwiches to amazing salads, and don’t even get me started about the desserts! The food is AMAZINGLY YUMMY! Plus, huge portions at a very small price.

This is a MUST, if you ever, want to get out of Orlando (But really in your neighbors yard) for the evening. A fun festival environment, with amazingly yummy food. Check it out!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Jason N
Glastonbury, CT
“I bet that this place is great for lunch but I give it a solid B for dinner”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I must preface my review with the following: we visited for dinner on a night that they had a private party going on so we weren't prepared to sit outside on a chilly evening and the person taking orders was much more involved with his phone than with the customers. That being said the pulled pork was good- not great - but good. The place is funky and cool.
I would give it another try on a different night but I can't go with 5 stars based on this experience.