“Good food and sooooo laid back”
Review of Yellow Dog Eats

Yellow Dog Eats
Ranked #16 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Barbecue, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went to yellow dog on Tuesday, this is our 2nd visit and won't be a last. When you get there you order your food at the counter and pay. Each meal is average about $9. When your food is ready they call your name over the tannoy and you go and collect. The portions are big and really are delicious. They sell real ale in bottles at about $4 and bottles of wine for $20.

When we were there the owner was bobbing about, nice guy a throw back to the 70s i thought any minute now he would say "Peace Man" he added to the ambiance of the place and it was really good to see him talking to people about the dishes of the day.

You can sit inside or outside, inside there are lots of signed photographs on the wall and quirky signs. In the past visitors have painted or felt tip pen over the tables and the walls that add to the atmosphere of this unique eating adventure. Give it a go you will,love it!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,319)

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

LIving a mile away, I visit often. My Fave is the Kitty Cat Nap Salad. My husband's is the Black Lab Sandwich. If the weather is pleasant, eat in the back garden: one of my favorite gardens to eat in. On a rainey day, eat upstairs, great view and cozy! Good wine selection, and super BBQ sauces. YD does catering too!

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The pulled pork wraps, sandwiches and ribs were delicious. Shame we could only make it there twice in our stay but one of those trips was on the way back to the airport, for which we made a special diversion. Quirky interior, previous customers have written their names etc on the walls, which are also covered with interesting pictures. The best thing is the food though.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

How have I missed this place in 8 years of living within 4 miles of it?! Well those days are over. Very cool place! Had the Elvis, and I have to say that I may like their pulled pork better than 4 Rivers. Is that sacreligious? Am I going to be struck be lightning now? Doesn't matter, I'll take that chance and will be going back to this place.

1  Thank tmsreise
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

On this visit to YDE, I had the pulled pork nachos. This is most definitely is the best value in the house. For 10 bucks, this dish consists of tri colored tortilla chips covered in cheddar cheese topped with black beans then smothered in a monstrous mound of super tender pulled pork. There are a few raw red onion rings on the side as well as a pile of hot red cherry peppers. I ate it myself but it is definitely something that should be shared. My wife and I will definitely go back and share that dish.
It is a very small cafe in a residential neighborhood. There is seating upstairs as well. It is a must try and worth the drive out of the way.