“You must must must try....”
Review of Yellow Dog Eats

Yellow Dog Eats
Ranked #16 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Barbecue, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We visited on 3rd Jan during our holiday to Orlando after reading the great feedback that Yellow Dog Eats Cafe has received and decided we must see for ourselves.
A fantastically weird little set up and very interesting with a great atmosphere and set in such a excellent interesting part of Orlando away from the usual chain set ups you can't get away from. A beautiful building in beautiful Gotha......
Our welcome was great, the menu was great and the food we ordered was even better...
We had pulled pork sandwich, chicken salad and a fantastic Spanish rice type wrap with chicken (yes sounds weird but was brilliant) all followed by the most wonderful moist chocolate cake which we all shared and still had some left over which I've just demolished back in the hotel.
The set up is super and the rave reviews are well deserved.
With a bit of luck we'll be back before we go home to Scotland.
Would defiantly recommend you try this little cracking wonderful place.
Well done Yellow Dog Eats Cafe 10/10 :-)

2  Thank ADouglasBoy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,319)

Reviewed January 2, 2012

We ate at Yellow Dog Eats Cafe twice during our vacation in Orlando, Florida. The restaurant is a counter service style cafe - you order at the counter and they call your name when your food is ready. You bus your own table when you are finished.

The first visit was on a Wednesday at around 4pm. We had no trouble finding a parking place or table. The food was great. The second visit was on Friday at noon. We literally squeezed in one minute before the lunch crowd hit. The line went through the restaurant and to the back patio. We were able to find seating upstairs and did not have to wait too long for our food.

Food - We had everything from the sangria to chili to several of the many varieties of pulled pork wraps and sandwiches. Everything was good.

Our recommendation - visit during the less busy times - much more enjoyable. And bring a marker or pen to sign the tables, wall or furniture.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

My husband and I stopped by Yellow Dog Eats on our way to Orlando. Upon arrival, we had to circle the block after accidentally driving past the extra parking driveway, as it was not obvious, nor was it clearly marked, where extra parking was (you had to pull into what looks like a parking spot and drive around behind the building).
We ate there on what must have been an unexpectedly busy night, as the place was crowded, the wait was very lengthy, and they were almost out of pulled pork when we arrived, and were out of other ingredients as well, like bacon (say it isn't so!). Luckily, ours was the last order of pulled pork, so we got what we wanted, for the most part. The wait just to order was long (you have to stand in line to order), and then the wait for the food was even longer. Because our food was missing a few ingredients, I felt like the wait was not worth it. I'm sure the food is better when the dish is complete with all the ingredients. The staff was very friendly, and apologetic for the wait and the shortage of ingredients.
If you really enjoy oddity, and very much dislike even the idea of chain restaurants, then you will enjoy Yellow Dog Eats just because it is different. Unfortunately, it was a little too "different" for my husband and I.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Loved Yellow Dog! Very non-commercial, diamond in the rough. Worth the drive to get there, pleasantly surprised by the eclectic atmosphere and interesting sauce. We had pulled pork sandwich and the other sandwich had pork w/grilled pineapple and fried onions. Both very good. Potato salad was a bit too different for our taste, but still give it a full 5 stars. Took home a couple bottles of sauce. Not much seating space at all, so be prepared if you walk into a full house that there may not be anywhere to sit (we went there right at 5pm). You'll like this place if you appreciate good food in an artistic, charming place with lots of personality. Roosters were crowing and perching in the trees right outside the front entrance! Wish I could go back today!

1  Thank IowaBlondegirl
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I love Yellow Dog Eats Cafe, I wish it wasn't as far out west as it is, but I will make the trek to get there because it is worth it. The food was delicious, I had the Blue Suede Shoes, along with the beer cheese soup, they were both fantastic. I added my side order of chips to the soup just to give it some crunch and extra flavor, I will definitely go to that establishment again, and bring as many people as possible so that they can enjoy it as well!