“Nice surprise-exactly what we wanted”
Review of Yellow Dog Eats

Yellow Dog Eats
Ranked #20 of 4,079 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Barbecue, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We are visiting Orlando from Austin, TX and looked on TripAdvisor for a place to eat after a long day of shopping.
I have a yellow dog so of course this restaurant sounded perfect to me. Not in an obvious place. Passing by estates, villas, and a surreal steeple we thought for sure Google Maps had made a mistake. When we arrived and saw a family of chickens inhabiting the magnolia tree in front AND a sign stating "hippies use back door, no exceptions" we knew we were at home.
"I loved everything about it" is the response of one from our party. Our 8 year old literally exclaimed "we should come back here every night!". I tend to be critical, but really, this is exactly what we were hoping for but didn't expect to find. Wonderful food with good recommendations from the person taking our order. Orders are taken at the counter which works great for splitting checks and not feeling "waited" on. We tried the house sangria which was tasty and had turkey sandwich, salmon on a salad, salmon sandwich and a grilled chicken sandwich. Everything was super fresh, tasty, and looked appealing, too.
The woman taking our order at the counter and answering our many questions was very helpful, patient, and hospitable. The place is eclecticly decorated in a wonderful way and the outdoor seating was very cozy and welcoming. We arrived 30 min before closing time and no one was resentful of our presence.
We did not meet "Fish" the proprietor, but he sounds like a Austin vibe kinda person-back when Austin wasn't full of pretentious Californians :-). Hey, I can say that-I'm a native Austinite!

2  Thank ferdmcbird
Write a ReviewReviews (1,374)

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Every once in a while you find a place that serves up something that just blows you away. Yesterday for lunch, my wife and I drove up to Yellow Dog Eats Cafe and blown away by my sandwich is an understatement!!

Yellow Dog Eats Cafe is the brainchild of Chef Fish Morgan. He’s created this funky little joint in Windermere, about 20 minutes or so from Disney. The place is a combination of wine shop, country store, and restaurant. When you walk in, you’re greeted by the amazing staff and even Fish himself. Grab a menu, have a seat, and then try and choose from the various soups, salads, and sandwiches. It’s all made fresh and everything on the menu is quite interesting. My wife chose to go with their Blackforest Hambone Sandwich (the menu has a canine theme, which is kind of fun to read through). She also chose to get cup of their Loaded Baked Potato Soup. I was in the mood for some BBQ, I chose to get their Club Elvis BBQ sandwich. Now, I’m not one to think about having anything on such a sandwich other than the meat and some cole slaw, but I thought I’d give it a try. It was pulled pork with bacon, Gouda cheese, and fried onions on a very soft bun. It also had Fish’s own Citrus barbeque Sauce.

After only a few minutes, they called out our name and I went up to get our sandwiches. Fish was out and around the dining area and stopped me and made sure we had everything we’d need to eat our lunches. Nice guy! My wife dug into her sandwich and soup and loved them both. The sandwich had a sweetness from the cheese, along with the saltiness of the ham that was a great combination. The bread was so soft, the whole sandwich just melted in your mouth. Now, on to my sandwich. This was, hands down, the BEST BBQ sandwich I have ever had!! Kid you not, I was blown away with the combination of flavors, the sweet smoky flavor of the pulled pork, saltiness from the bacon, tangyness of the Gouda, and then, to top it off, one of the best BBQ sauces I’ve had as well. The citrus flavor along with all the others just made this sandwich work! I can’t say enough about how awesome it was! The others on the menu are probably this good or even better. Needless to say, Chef Fish has a winner in Yellow Dog Eats Cafe.

If you’re in town visiting or live around here, Yellow Dog is a must eat place! It’s a little tricky to find the place, so make sure you follow the directions on their website. We’ll be back very soon. Get Mad at Yellow Dog!!

Check out our other reviews on themadfoodguy.com!

Reviewed June 11, 2011

Yellow Dog Eats Cafe is one of the coolest restaurants I've ever had the pleasure of eating at.
The owner Fish Morgan is a great host and along with his execellent staff runs one of the nicest eating experiences anywhere in Orlando.
keep up the good work guys ,you all rock.

1  Thank FrankDeJesus
Reviewed June 10, 2011

We visited Yellow Dog Eats twice during our holiday - we'd liked what we'd read on tripadvisor so thought we would give it a try. It's a bit "remote" from the main tourist areas but easy to get to with a good map or sat nav! And it is definitely worth the trip! From the service ( especially Emily) and the friendly enthusiastic owner, Fish to the amazing food you won't be disappointed. It was so nice to go somewhere different and somewhere where the locals clearly eat. Also such a pleasure to see Fish in action doing something he is clearly passionate about and has made such a success of. Back to the food - go hungry! We tried the ribs (amazing), the Club Elvis ( like to best hog roast you'll ever eat) the Kitty Kat ( tuna) and save room for the wonderful cakes which are delicious. It's just a shame that we only managed to make it twice during our stay but we'll be back next time, and be recommending it to anyone we know who is heading to Orlando.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

I've been going there for years and as always Fish and Co. know how to do food right !!!!! Whether you are a local or a visitor don't miss this place, you won't be sorry, YUM!!!