“Adam Ant”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Adam Ant”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Couldn't resist seeing Adam while on holiday in Orlando. The kids hated it but we had a great time! Adams certainly a trooper and kept going for 2 good hours. Perhaps he should quit with the dancing these days. Good to here all the songs of my youth very nostalgic. Glad we went.

Altrincham, England, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Absolutely brilliant”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Been to lots of Hard Rock Restaurants and this is by far the best. The staff were fantastic but we would like to extend a special thank you to the V.I.B.E. Host Miss Bloedorn. We were asked if we would like to take a look behind the scenes by our server and were introduced to her straight away. She took us to an area where VIP's are taken and the room contained rare Beatles memorabilia which my son was thrilled with. We were then taken to a store room where we inspected artefacts from Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper. Finally we were taken onto the main stage. Our trip to the states lasted almost a month and we all agreed that this was the absolute highlight. Thank you so much.

Hatfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“It was not as good as expected”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a hard day at universal studios. Get wet on the water rides. Decided to go to the hard rock for some dinner, The service was slow we couldn't get a drink for six people at the bar while we waited, the air conditioning was very cold. We were offered a table within half an hour very pleasantly surprised to get one in 10 minutes. The table we were seated at was very nice but a long way from the kitchen again the air conditioning was making us all cold they could adjusted the temperature to allow us to it. We had to go outside to get warm and then come back. Starters okay with the drinks all very nice but then we waited over an hour for our main course and I have to be fair it wasn't the best sets of meals, its pretty obvious that because of their busy state the food had been left under a hot lamp for too long.
So to be fair I would say we picked a very busy time.
This may be an English thing but the spirit and mixer drinks always had so much ice I could hardly taste the drink.

The food was very expensive and was not worth the value charged. One saving grace they had a I'm sure it was called "pink floyd red red wine", which was the business. Loved it, ordered another bottle.

Lafayette, Indiana, United States
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“An Anniversary party worth attending!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I went the week we were in Orlando for our anniversary and just happened to go on the day of their 50th Anniversary!
This was a pleasant surprise. The staff was all dressed in clothes from the different eras since the opening and the had amazing photos and videos showing.
They had a amazing cake made and everyone got a free slice with their meal.
The service was spectacular even with all the celebration going on. And the food was delicious!

Visited August 2012
Florida
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Oak Ridge Boys in the theater--AMAZING”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

When I told my wife, on July 3, that I had tickets to the Oak Ridge Boys on July 4, she was disappointed, wanting to stay at home and BBQ. We drove 100 miles one-way to the concert. Due to the time the show began and traffic worries we arrived early at Universal. If you get to the parking lot before 6 p.m. it costs $16, at 6:01 the fee is $5. We ate at Margaritaville, which I have reviewed here in the restaurant section.

My wife and I had drinks here before a show with the Oak Ridge Boys. The show was set to start at 7 p.m., but the warmup show came on at 6 and was a total waste. The "singer" mimicked well-known singers and did a poor job of it--his final number was an insult to Elvis and the audience. He came out in a huge balloon, bounced around the stage and made fun of Elvis at the end of his career--this guy was a real buffoon!

The Oak Ridge Boys were amazing! These guys have been singing for at least a quarter century, with the current singers getting together in 1972. My wife and I have seen dozens of singing groups live, and forgotten many that were not worth the price of the tickets. The Oak Ridge Boys are unforgettable! They came on the stage at 7 p.m., sharp, and never stopped performing for two hours straight. That in itself was amazing. During most performances there are breaks when the singers pause for a breather, drink of water and perhaps even a mid-session intermission--not these guys! William Lee Golden never stopped, even when someone else was singing or there was an instrumental, he jumped up and down and ran around the stage, what a showman!

The highlight of the night was an-hour-and-three-quarters into the show when they sang Elvira. Throughout the performance they had the audience on their feet clapping and hollering.

Some critics call this gospel, I disagree, I would call this hopped-up-country. I went online to look at tickets the night before the concert and was amazed to see them available for $20.
The site showed there were a limited number of tickets available and I purchased what were supposed to be two of the last six tickets in the center row. When the show started, there were lots of empty seats all around us. The only full seats were behind us and a group of loud 20-somethings took eight of those seats. Ten minutes later we had to move about 20 seats down the row because the people behind us were talking on their cell phones and talking loudly to each other. Luckily the only occupied seats in our row were at the other end, so we had our choice of seats in the middle.

I would recommend this show to anyone who wants to hear a great group. It was amazing to hear how they belted out those songs, one after another, and all originally written by them.

Visited July 2013