“Oak Ridge Boys in the theater--AMAZING”
Review of Hard Rock Live

Hard Rock Live
Ranked #17 of 71 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
Reviewed July 8, 2013

When I told my wife, on July 3, that I had tickets to the Oak Ridge Boys on July 4, she was disappointed, wanting to stay at home and BBQ. We drove 100 miles one-way to the concert. Due to the time the show began and traffic worries we arrived early at Universal. If you get to the parking lot before 6 p.m. it costs $16, at 6:01 the fee is $5. We ate at Margaritaville, which I have reviewed here in the restaurant section.

My wife and I had drinks here before a show with the Oak Ridge Boys. The show was set to start at 7 p.m., but the warmup show came on at 6 and was a total waste. The "singer" mimicked well-known singers and did a poor job of it--his final number was an insult to Elvis and the audience. He came out in a huge balloon, bounced around the stage and made fun of Elvis at the end of his career--this guy was a real buffoon!

The Oak Ridge Boys were amazing! These guys have been singing for at least a quarter century, with the current singers getting together in 1972. My wife and I have seen dozens of singing groups live, and forgotten many that were not worth the price of the tickets. The Oak Ridge Boys are unforgettable! They came on the stage at 7 p.m., sharp, and never stopped performing for two hours straight. That in itself was amazing. During most performances there are breaks when the singers pause for a breather, drink of water and perhaps even a mid-session intermission--not these guys! William Lee Golden never stopped, even when someone else was singing or there was an instrumental, he jumped up and down and ran around the stage, what a showman!

The highlight of the night was an-hour-and-three-quarters into the show when they sang Elvira. Throughout the performance they had the audience on their feet clapping and hollering.

Some critics call this gospel, I disagree, I would call this hopped-up-country. I went online to look at tickets the night before the concert and was amazed to see them available for $20.
The site showed there were a limited number of tickets available and I purchased what were supposed to be two of the last six tickets in the center row. When the show started, there were lots of empty seats all around us. The only full seats were behind us and a group of loud 20-somethings took eight of those seats. Ten minutes later we had to move about 20 seats down the row because the people behind us were talking on their cell phones and talking loudly to each other. Luckily the only occupied seats in our row were at the other end, so we had our choice of seats in the middle.

I would recommend this show to anyone who wants to hear a great group. It was amazing to hear how they belted out those songs, one after another, and all originally written by them.

1  Thank kaiserdr
All reviews
"general admission"
in 9 reviews
"great place to see a show"
"floor seats"
"performers"
in 6 reviews
"arena"

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We thought we would experience a nice meal here. There was plenty of food, infant too much. We had a combo starter and main course but in hindsight the main course is enough. We had a table in the Woodstock room so we could see the fireworks,so I would recommend if you want to see the fireworks whilst eating, ask to have a table in this room.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We pre booked queen tickets a few weeks before our visit. We had some drinks and shared a appetiser before moving next door for the concert. We had a great time good drinks, nice food, excellent service and the staff were fab

1  Thank barnsley-reviews
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This place was the best. The food was ordinary but the atmosphere was amazing. Just being surrounded by all the infamous pieces of rock n' roll history was breath taking.