Although I live in the Tampa area and visit Orlando frequently, I had never heard of this hotel. I visited last year for my daughter's cheerleading competion that was held here over New Year's weekend. I was shocked and amazed that a hotel of this size and quality had slipped under my radar. As is typical (and annoying) for spacious Orlando is that parking comes at a cost and is a bit of an ordeal. I don't trust valet parkers based on what I've seen of their driving habits almost universally so I always self park. As several other reviewers mention, this entails a healthy walk from the lobby to the garage.
This is a typical upscale Orlando property. Beautiful lobby, large property, nice rooms. Also as is typical, it is very self contained in that it is a bit of an ordeal to get in and out of the facility and the prices on the resort are on the high side. But again, this is consistent with any property in Orlando of this type that I've stayed at. I found the onsite staff to be friendly and helpful.
I will be staying again in a few weeks for the same cheerleading event. Because of the positive expereience I had last year, I was more than willing to return and stay here again. However, I did have a somewhat surreal experience booking the room. Because our stay is for an event, it was necessary to call the hotel reservation line to get the group rate for the event. Normally, I book everything online but since the event rate available was much better than the published rate and wasn't available online I called the phone reservation line. I talked to the rudest person you could ever want to speak to. Being told "hang on!" and waiting over pauses for the rep to have personal conversations that I could hear occured. I did not get upset, just didn't want to deal with this person so I hung up. Immediately afterward, they called me back based on some star 69 feature and said we'd been disconnected. I told her I didn't want to book with her because she was rude and she started scolding me...bizarre...I called back 15 minutes later, talked to someone else who sternly quoted double the event rate and told me the event rate wasn't available. My guess is there are only a few phone reps in the evening and they were being spiteful. Next day, called back, spoke to a very pleasant person and booked the hotel for the special rate. My point in all ths is avoid the phone reservationline at all costs!! Other than that bizarre experience, the hotel facility, (onsite) staff and location make this property well worth the visit. Just book everything online to avoid the aggravation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An unspoiled natural setting. A hotel that surprises and delights. Designed to please in every way, Rosen Shingle Creek delivers exceptional luxury. From 1,501 elegant guestrooms and suites, to 15 tantalizing restaurants and lounges, to our 18-hole par 72 championship course, Rosen Shingle Creek is, in countless ways, Orlando's most inspiring AAA Four Diamond hotel. Add in RFID locks, no resort fee, free Wi-Fi, close proximity to International Drive and world-famous attractions for an unmatched Orlando experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosen Shingle Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel Orlando
- Rosen Shingle Creek Orlando
- Shingle Creek Resort
- Rosen Shingle Creek Resort