“Nice Facility”

Ranked #38 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Although I live in the Tampa area and visit Orlando frequently, I had never heard of this hotel. I visited last year for my daughter's cheerleading competion that was held here over New Year's weekend. I was shocked and amazed that a hotel of this size and quality had slipped under my radar. As is typical (and annoying) for spacious Orlando is that parking comes at a cost and is a bit of an ordeal. I don't trust valet parkers based on what I've seen of their driving habits almost universally so I always self park. As several other reviewers mention, this entails a healthy walk from the lobby to the garage.

This is a typical upscale Orlando property. Beautiful lobby, large property, nice rooms. Also as is typical, it is very self contained in that it is a bit of an ordeal to get in and out of the facility and the prices on the resort are on the high side. But again, this is consistent with any property in Orlando of this type that I've stayed at. I found the onsite staff to be friendly and helpful.

I will be staying again in a few weeks for the same cheerleading event. Because of the positive expereience I had last year, I was more than willing to return and stay here again. However, I did have a somewhat surreal experience booking the room. Because our stay is for an event, it was necessary to call the hotel reservation line to get the group rate for the event. Normally, I book everything online but since the event rate available was much better than the published rate and wasn't available online I called the phone reservation line. I talked to the rudest person you could ever want to speak to. Being told "hang on!" and waiting over pauses for the rep to have personal conversations that I could hear occured. I did not get upset, just didn't want to deal with this person so I hung up. Immediately afterward, they called me back based on some star 69 feature and said we'd been disconnected. I told her I didn't want to book with her because she was rude and she started scolding me...bizarre...I called back 15 minutes later, talked to someone else who sternly quoted double the event rate and told me the event rate wasn't available. My guess is there are only a few phone reps in the evening and they were being spiteful. Next day, called back, spoke to a very pleasant person and booked the hotel for the special rate. My point in all ths is avoid the phone reservationline at all costs!! Other than that bizarre experience, the hotel facility, (onsite) staff and location make this property well worth the visit. Just book everything online to avoid the aggravation.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Kench
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2010

Good Morning Kench!

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay enough to book again and experience the hotel this year. I'm not at all happy to hear about your reservation experience though! This is absolutely not how we run our business and I have already sent your review to the Director of Reservations and her two assistants to look into it. I was hoping that you would be able to email me directly with your information regarding your reservation and also if you had any names, dates, times, etc of the phone conversation with the first phone call. We do record most of our calls so I'm hoping that we can look into it further to ensure this doesn't happen again in the future.

Thank you for your continued business. We greatly appreciate it and are glad to hear that even with this bad encounter you still trust in our service.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed December 8, 2010

Really good hotel. Although it might be uncomfortable for some without a car the hotel itself is of exceptional quality. Wide range of products in a shop, many pools, great view from the room.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo

Good Morning andreymsk! Thank you for the kind words you wrote on your recent review of our hotel. It is greatly appreciated. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or need to book again in the future!

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed December 2, 2010

Even if it's very easy to reach The Rosen Shingle Creek is a bit off the track in Orlando being a mile away from International Drive. This makes the big hotel a rather quiet place compared to the other hotels around the Orlando Convention Center and gives it the opportunity of having a beautiful and large pool area, nice garden and a golf course right on property. The rooms are big and comfortable and the service is good as well. Very convenient: the big shop downstairs with everything you need at fair prices.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2010

Thank you jwahl! Your kind words mean a lot to us at Rosen Shingle Creek. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back in the near future.

Thanks for choosing Rosen Shingle Creek!

Reviewed November 22, 2010

This resort was beautiful. The rooms were nice, the grounds were well kept and the staff was very helpful. The hotel had a market on the first floor that had everything you could possibly want for a reasonable price. They had hot food as well as groceries and it was open from early morning until late at night. There were three pools, all of which were beautiful It was close to the freeway and very near the convention center.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2010

Wow Love2TravelFreqently! You are making us blush from happiness! We truly appreciate the kind words. Keep warm in Michigan and let us know if you need to get away to the sunshine state for another vacation!

Reviewed November 20, 2010

I went to the hotel on a business trip. Huge property with a golf course, spa, 4 swimming pools, games arcade, and almost every facility possible. The hotel is so huge that it would take me almost 10 minutes to walk from my room to the convention center.

Rooms are clean and very nice. Nice comfortable beds and all amenities that you would expect from a luxury deluxe resort. Architecture also is based on classical orlando buildings which gives you a feel of the city.

Only drawback of the hotel are that at that price you would expect complimentary breakfast and also complimentary shaving kit and all, but everything has to be bought from their 24hr market called 18 Monroe street.

Overall, an awesome hotel, definitely worth a visit if you have the money

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Promit

Thank you Promit for the nice words you wrote about us. It is always rewarding to hear positive feedback from our valued guests!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Thanks,

Reviewed November 18, 2010

Last December 19th, my adult daughter & I spent 4 days at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel in Orlando & we are going back this year. This will be our 3rd visit to Orlando the week before Christmas. I have used Book It.com for each stay. They provide exceptional service. I was able to book the hotel for $79 a night for a $300 room. Kristie Quick, their rep, goes the extra mile to please their customers. Call her at 888-782-9722 toll free.

• Stayed: December 2009
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2010

Thank You SuzieQ1676 for the amazing recommendation of our hotel.

We look forward to many more years of hosting you and your family at our facility.

Thanks for choosing Rosen Shingle Creek.

Reviewed November 11, 2010

We actually went in the summer of '09 but being new to Trip Advisor I'm commenting on all the great places that I've been to for future visitors to know.

I went with 3 colleagues and their children for a business/pleasure trip. We stayed a week and absolutely fell in love with this place.

One thing we did not enjoy was that it was absolutely HUGE!!! We would get to the pool and realize that we forgot something and had to go all the way back to our room at the END OF THE HALL. Which was a good 15 minutes, no joke. I recommend getting a room by the elevators.

I really enjoyed that there were 2 pools, and 2 hot tub jacuzzis. One pool for adults One for the kids so that the adults could keep their privacy. The bar by the pool closed a bit early which had us in an uproar as we were a large group partying and wanted to keep the ball rolling. But luckily for us we had alcohol ... a 15 minute walk to our room every time we needed to refuel.

The food selection was alright, I can't say it was fantastic but it was alright for the price. We actually rented a fridge and took a 'taxi' which was actually a Denali to the grocery store across the street to stock up for our weeks stay. One night we taxid over to blue moon which I totally recommend. We also went to Point Orlando I do believe it was called to go to BBKings which was a great atmosphere and great food.

Overall great experience!! Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Thank you Travelista5 for the awesome contribution to TripAdvisor of our hotel.

I am more than excited to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful (yet truthfully, very large) hotel. We fully understand that the property is large and will always take requests to be near an elevator because of this.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything else I could assist with!

Thanks again for choosing Rosen Shingle Creek!