We were pleasantly suprised by our stay at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort. We stayed for four nights to attend a convention on property. Our room was nicely furnished with two wondefully comfortable queen beds. These were some of the best hotel beds we've ever slept in! We upgraded to the conceige 14th floor level. The club was worth the extra $50 per night. Each evening hot appetizers were served. One night we made a meal out of it. They also allowed you to bring food from the downstairs deli so you could enjoy the discounted beer & wine in the club with your meal. Continental breakfast was served each morning with more than enough food - fresh fruit, breads, cereals, juices, etc.
The pool area was awesome. My three year old daughter loved the zero entry family pool.
The location to SeaWorld can't be beat. Only five minutes away and there's a McDonalds in between the hotel and the park. It made for a nice lunch stop on the way back for my daughter's nap (thus saving $$ on the overpriced park/hotel food).
My husband played the golf course twice (for $29 a round). He stated that it was a beautiful kept course - a real treat to play.
The only drawback is the valet. It's truly awful. The situation needs to be better managed especially when paying $18 a day. One afternoon upon returning from SeaWorld with an exhausted daughter, I waited in line at least five minutes only to be told that the Valet was closed. I told the guy that's too bad because I'm a guest that had paid $18 already that day and I had a tired little girl who needed a nap. I left the car and told the guy to find a place for it. There were several times there were no valet attendants around. I just walked up to the stand to told the young girl that she was now in charge of my rental car.
Overall, the resort was pleasant with a nice enough staff. The waiter in buffet was very nice and although there's 18% automatically tip added to the tab. We didn't mind because the service was excellent. The food quality and selection were good too (even if it was overpriced).
We'd return to this resort in the future especially for the golf, pool area, location to SeaWord and Universal and mostly for the wonderful beds!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An unspoiled natural setting. A hotel that surprises and delights. Designed to please in every way, Rosen Shingle Creek delivers exceptional luxury. From 1,501 elegant guestrooms and suites, to 15 tantalizing restaurants and lounges, to our 18-hole par 72 championship course, Rosen Shingle Creek is, in countless ways, Orlando's most inspiring AAA Four Diamond hotel. Add in RFID locks, no resort fee, free Wi-Fi, close proximity to International Drive and world-famous attractions for an unmatched Orlando experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rosen Shingle Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel Orlando
- Rosen Shingle Creek Orlando
- Shingle Creek Resort
- Rosen Shingle Creek Resort