“Excellent hotel”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #36 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 16, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at this facility from June 11-June 14, 2009. Our stay was excellent . Very, Very, beautiful hotel with an outstanding environment. The room had so much personality, it was very clean and decorated well. My only complaint was pertaining to housekeeping. Upon returning to my room the night of June 12th at 11:30 pm, I noticed that the bed was made up, but the linen had not been changed. I immediately reported it and they offered to send someone up to take care of it. Other than that ,everything was top notch. The amenities were so accomodating that I almost hated to share the complaint. Great location for a business conference, family function, honeymoon or a just a romantic getaway. The staff was professional from the Bellboy to the Executives. We spent countless hours taking photos of the breath taking landscaping. With work, and other obligations, it is not often that you get to spend quality time with the perfect person, and to top it off, to do so in the perfect place. We were visitors from Shreveport, Louisiana. This was my first trip to Orlando, Florida and I will definitely be looking to stay here on future visits.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank visitor081

Reviewed June 7, 2009

When the company pays this is the place to stay. I do not enjoy Orlando but the Rosen Shingle Creek makes the "Disney" experience more enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2009

This Hotel is beautiful, clean and has great ammenities. We went with 2 kids 7 and 3. The price was also great. The parking is a very long walk from the rooms but, very close to their ballrooms and meeting rooms. The bad part was first, we were in the kiddie pool (very cute) while we were there a baby had an accident. the swim diaper leaked feces in to the pool. the parents told us right away and we got out. That was not the problem. They told the staff right away. The next day we went to the kiddie pool and there was still feces in the pool. They never cleaned it. Second, The day we were checking out. There was a knock on the door around 8:30 am. It was housekeeping. she asked me "Are you checking out today?" I said yes. she then asked "What time are you leaving?" I was shocked!!! I just repeated her question "What time are we leaving!!!" she said "Yes" I said I don't know. She just gave me this look like I needed to give her a time. Then when I didn't say anything she walked away. That made me very upset. Our check out time is 11am why are you asking me what time I'm leaving. Upon our checkout the man just said your all set! no how was you stay, please visit us again, thank you , or have a nice day. The customer service needs some major improvement. one more thing, you can hear everything that is going on outside of your room. people walking, talking and crying.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank dlg210
Reviewed May 17, 2009

I somehow felt like I had cheated the system when I paid $79 to stay here with my husband and young son. As we approached, we knew we were entering a very nice property and had gotten a great last-minute rate. It is not always this low, but if you are flexible and check back...you can find it. The rooms are wonderfully appointed and immaculate, the setting is peaceful and tranquil, there is even a small fishing pier over a pond and you can check out tackle. Roomy stunning suites with great upgrades should you have the budget. The playground is a little small and there are not tons of activities for young children. But in Orlando, you generally aren't there with kids to hang out in the hotel anyway. This wonderful stay is a great treat for mommy on an otherwise hectic Disney safari. We visit Disney several times a year now with our young son, as we can just drive in a couple of hours. We will only stay at the Rosen Shingle Creek or the Caribe Royale for now on. Mommies new rule. We can always have breakfast with Disney Characters at someone else's hotel :) FYI - Beautiful over the holidays although Disney is insanely crowded around Christmas. Also, there are a few extra fees as other reviews have noted. Parking is $8 and quite far, as it is a huge resort. If you valet, it is a little more. The food also is resort pricing. I am not complaining by any means. I feel that I got way more than we paid for and will visit again....especially with the great last minute rates so we can afford to stay when we really don't need to.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank artsiannie
Reviewed May 17, 2009

The Rosen Shingle Creek is a new, clean, professional hotel and conference facility - definately recommend for business functions. If you like to golf, even better.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I stayed in this hotel three nights in May 2009, traveling for a convention. The convention area is enormous, as is the hotel. With 1500 rooms, and clearly designed for the business traveler, I'm not sure I'd stay here with the family on vacation, but it would be great if they had been able to come along. Three pools, poolside bar, 24-hour deli/gift shop, a great fitness center ($$), nature paths, etc.- there was plenty to do.

Service at the hotel was top-notch. From check-in to the third day when my room key stopped working, everyone I interacted with was very professional and accomodating. I didn't eat in any of the restaurants, but the meals offered as part of the conference were extremely good for 'conference food'. I had a car, and the valet parking is $18 per night. Pricey, yes, but they did really hustle to get my car each time- I waited only a few minutes for them to return. Had one drink at the pool bar and found it somewhat overpriced and quite skimpy as a $9.00 cocktail, but it's a hotel...

If I were in the area again for business, I'd definitely stay here again. With the family, I'd make another choice.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank MissDiaz-7
Reviewed May 8, 2009

We had a real deal & paid $75 per night for family of 4. Although this really is a business hotel it was fantastic - 4 pools and great facilities. We particularly enjoyed the nature trail . Hotel is very near to I-drive, shopping malls & all disney, universal etc but without all the chaos & hassle of I-drive. Great staff, immaculate 5* rooms and facilities. After our 3 night stay the rate went up to $295 per night!!! Only downsides would be $8 per day self parking charge or $20 valet parking & wifi charges.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family