Rosen Shingle Creek
$209
$191
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$127
$209
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$149
$93
$80
4,423 results
All reviewsself parkingland rememberedcafe osceolatroy shoemakercala bellathe mexican restaurantfamily poolbeautiful golf coursebeautiful hotelconference hotelhuge hoteltennis courtsper daypublix supermarketfitness centerattending a conferenceinternational drive
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I stayed in this hotel three nights in May 2009, traveling for a convention. The convention area is enormous, as is the hotel. With 1500 rooms, and clearly designed for the business traveler, I'm not sure I'd stay here with the family on vacation, but it would be great if they had been able to come along. Three pools, poolside bar, 24-hour deli/gift shop, a great fitness center ($$), nature paths, etc.- there was plenty to do.

Service at the hotel was top-notch. From check-in to the third day when my room key stopped working, everyone I interacted with was very professional and accomodating. I didn't eat in any of the restaurants, but the meals offered as part of the conference were extremely good for 'conference food'. I had a car, and the valet parking is $18 per night. Pricey, yes, but they did really hustle to get my car each time- I waited only a few minutes for them to return. Had one drink at the pool bar and found it somewhat overpriced and quite skimpy as a $9.00 cocktail, but it's a hotel...

If I were in the area again for business, I'd definitely stay here again. With the family, I'd make another choice.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank MissDiaz-7
Reviewed May 8, 2009

We had a real deal & paid $75 per night for family of 4. Although this really is a business hotel it was fantastic - 4 pools and great facilities. We particularly enjoyed the nature trail . Hotel is very near to I-drive, shopping malls & all disney, universal etc but without all the chaos & hassle of I-drive. Great staff, immaculate 5* rooms and facilities. After our 3 night stay the rate went up to $295 per night!!! Only downsides would be $8 per day self parking charge or $20 valet parking & wifi charges.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank MortFamily
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I stayed at the Shingle Creek for 2 weeks over Christmas . After reading some very unfavourable reviews I felt compelled to write and give my opinion of this hotel,
The hotel is really beautiful and spotlessly clean. I found the serrvice to be excellent in fact by the end of my stay many of the staff knew my husband and I by name and were most courteous and respectful.
I found the front desk staff to be very helpful and polite especially the manager Joe Fiorcia . We used the VIP lounge and the staff went out of their way to accomodate us in any way , it was no problem to check opening times at the local malls , book tables at local restaurants and check flight times etc. All the staff there were fantastic especially Beatrice and Denise.
We ate on many occasions in the restaurents on site and found both the food and service to be of an excellent standard. The prices were very fair for the standard of food.

There are three pools and lots of space for everyone and loads of loungers and a plentiful supply of fresh towels.
The service at the pool was great with drinks and food available and served to the poolside.
The bedrooms were really lovely , spacious and bright. The bed was fabulous , so comfortable especially welcoming after a busy day shopping or visiting the theme parks.

Yes you have to pay for parking but that is the same at all hotels of a similiar standard.I would never stay anywhere else when visiting Orlando and plan to return this summer.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emlo
Reviewed April 30, 2009

I want to give the Rosen Shingle Creek five stars, but there were a couple things that prevent me from doing so. First off, the food in the casual restaurant located on the lower level left much to be desired. I ate there twice because I wasn't about to charge a $100 dinner at one of the other upscale restaurants to my company, and since the hotel is more of a compound and a mile away from anything on the outside, I had little choice.

Also, while the rooms are clean and up-to-date for the most part, I noticed an old band-aid on the back of the armchair in my room. Not a huge deal and probably just an oversight by housekeeping as it was on the back, but it creeped me out nonetheless.

Everything else about the facility itself was very nice. The pool area was massive and had plenty of chaise lounges, cabanas, coolers with cold water, towels and very clean bathrooms. Basically, anything you could possibly need to be comfortable while hanging out by the pool.

My absolute favorite part of the hotel was the giant bird cage in the lobby area that contained a family of finches. I'm not sure why I fell in love with the little birds, but I'm now convinced that I must have some (when I live in a place big enough for a bird cage). It's the little things!

Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2009

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel for leisure. We absolutely fell in love with the Rosen Shingle Creek. I'm a bit puzzled by some of the bad reviews about service, because when we were there, we were impressed with the friendliness of the staff. Everyone, including the maid staff, valets, staff workers, said hellos. When we walked down the hall, the staff who was vacuuming would get out of the way and always greet us. We thought everything in the hotel was clean and dazzling.

We had a king size room, and thought it was spacious, well decorated, and comfortable. All rooms have great views! The rooms come with great amenities including ironing board, coffee maker, robes, desk, sitting chair, flat-screen TV, blow-dryer and more. Bathrooms were well kept. Great granite countertops. The toiletries are always well stocked and some of the better ones from hotels. We kept ours!

Pool area is large - 3 pools, all well maintained. A nice walking trail. When you go to this hotel, all you want to do is relax. The lobby is nice enough to just sit down and take it all in. Great floor to ceiling glass windows to take in the Florida view. Well kept landscaping. They have sand volleyball, fishing, basketball courts and tennis courts. The food mart is open 24 hours, a little pricey but has a lot of options. There is a Publix across the street - you must drive, but at least you can stock up.

We've stayed at a lot of Orlando properties and this one is now our favorite. We like that it is far from the noise of I-Drive, but still close to where you can get on I-4 easily and just take a drive to Universal quickly. The restaurants on site are expensive, but the buffet style restaurant was well worth it. Only $19 for lunch but it's all you can eat and the food was awesome - swordfish was served. Wow!

The other complaints people make about the parking for $8 a day is a bit much, but compared to other luxury resorts, this is cheaper. If I were Rosen, however, I would cut out the parking charge because of the economy. Also the fact that the Internet is not included is annoying, but we stayed at other places and noticed this seems to be a norm. Dumb, they should make it free! But it is free in the public areas of the hotel. I would also add a parking "shuttle" or golf cart transport to/from parking lot for guests. It is a hike, but not bad.

All and all, the negatives far out weigh the positives of this hotel. You do feel like VIP when staying here as we found all staff were friendly and helpful. The place looks and feels like a castle. It is certainly worth the price we paid. I would stay here again and again, and definitely not hesitate to recommend this to friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business