“Grounds are beautiful”

Ranked #30 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
“Grounds are beautiful”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Very large resort…the outdoor area is very nice with 3 pools and hot tubs. The rooms could use some updating. None of the rooms have balconies which was a little disappointing. I rented a car and there is the Orlando Premium Outlet Mall nearby which was fabulous. Close to all the Disney parks although did not visit any. As in most hotels, everything is expensive. Check your tab anytime you eat or drink as they add 18% gratuity but of course they don't tell you and its not on the tab that you sign if paying by credit card. All in all the stay was good.

1 Thank lifeisgood66
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
We love hearing the kind words you had to say about the property, lifeisgood66!

Let me know when Orlando is in your destination plans and I’ll ensure your next stay is just as nice as this one.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (966)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had a good time here. The room was spacious and clean. There is free internet but it's limited and I had trouble getting most things to load. The pools were very nice, and I appreciated that there was a "quiet pool" considering I don't have kids and don't always like getting splashed in the face by them.

Its very well located, right by International Drive, so plenty of close restaurant options. It's also just right down the road from Universal, so we went to Citywalk twice for dinner.

There's a 24 hour Market, which is incredibly handy if you've forgotten something (like when I had to buy allergy medicine at midnight :)) It's huge with many, many restaurant choices. I didn't get the opportunity to eat at any of them except for the Market, but they looked great. I'd stay here again in an instant.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AmandaH23
We think you are great, AmandaH23!

Thanks for the awesome review. See you soon!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 10 nights. And I never wanted to leave. The rooms were the best rooms I've ever stayed in. And the view was out of this world. Especially when we had lighting you could see it so clear.
Our room was on the 12th floor and positioned half way between the lifts, which was fine and nice and quiet.
Only one problem , when the fire alarm went off in the hotel the speaker inside our room was very quiet and not loud enough to wake a heavy sleeper up. Then we and half the hotel had to make our way down 12 flights of stairs( fire exit stairs) to the pool. As it was a false alarm.
The pool area was lovely and we stayed at the same pool each day. This hotel has some beautiful restaurants and at very reasonable prices. The car park is a fair walk but when it's not busy you can park nearer to the hotel.
Great security on the gate on entering the hotel.
Only one small problem, if you don't drive the hotel is a bit away from everything, so getting the hotel cars can be a bit pricey, but if you plan on getting one every evening then make a deal with the driver for pick up and collection and your sorted.
Looking forward to returning.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Asherthehasher
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Million Dollar Review, Asherthehasher!

Thank you so much for the amazing review. We appreciate your kind words very much and your loyalty to the property.

If there is ever anything that I can do for you in the future, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.

See you next time!

New York
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had the most amazing massage in the spa from a therapist named Tim. He was terrific, had a real understanding of sports-related physical issues and was very helpful suggesting things I could do in the future.

Tim was my first interaction with the staff, but not the last. Rosen has become associated with hospitality in the region and you could really tell. The staff in the Mexican let us order a pizza next door for our child, and they served it to the table and had it put on the same bill. The concierge recommended a great seafood place and she made the reservation and got us directions. Little things like that were really nice.

That said, the hotel was absolutely solid, but it wasn't kid paradise. I was there for a conference but then my family arrived. The three pools were pretty straightforward, one lap pool, and on the other two no slides or playgrounds. Things are pretty spread out as well, which was fine for us but would be a factor if you have mobility issues. The gym was $10 a day, parking was $17. There were a few restaurants and they never seemed totally packed, which was good since we were in town on a busy weekend. And the food was good, a better quality than you might expect at a casual hotel eatery.

The rooms were comfortable, and the bathroom had a convenient setup with the sink area separate from the shower. Even with the 4 of us it didn't feel crowded. The view was beautiful. The room overlooked the pools and golf course, and I'd request a room that faced the back if given a choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the pools.
1 Thank TravelingJane22
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the massage, Janesports!

Thank you for the awesome review. We really appreciate the feedback.

Hope to have you back in the future. Safe travels.

philadelphia
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was a nice hotel. I was here on business. It is a very big property and has many spacious amenities. The spa was just OK though, I wouldn't recommend. Also, there are very few extras - like the JW Marriott has down the road. (No free water bottles for example). Comfortable beds.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Philly_CG
Thanks, Philly_CG!

We are so appreciative of our guests and their feedback. If you need anything in the future, please let me know personally.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed at the Rosen Shingle for two nights for a conference. I have stayed at quite a bit of hotels throughout the Orlando-area and this is one of the only hotels where you will not find too many kids-good for the "no-kids" crowd who do not want a resort filled with screaming kids (which is pretty much all of Orlando). Not so good however if you have to go to a conference and want to bring your kids -no kids play area, no splash pool, no kid-friendly restaurants, etc. The hotel is beautifully-done, nice facilities, many restaurants, good food, nice (adult-oriented) pool area. The service was fine-I did not find it over-the-top friendly, but courteous and professional. The location is very close to the airport and parks. I would stay here again for a conference, however not if I wanted to bring my family/kids. Only complaint-the only curtains that closed all the way in the room were the sheers-no need for a wake-up call as the room will be bright with the morning sunlight by 7 AM (not good if you want to sleep in).

3 Thank H G
Oh no, sorry about that sunshine, H G!

We love having kids on property and I hope you had the opportunity to see the amenities on the backside of the hotel including fishing, tennis, basketball, volleyball, kids game room, etc.

Thanks for the review. We really would love to have you back in the future. I am here if there is anything that can be done to ensure your next stay is better.

Thanks again,

Fillmore, California
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed here for a conference and I was very impressed with the hotel. The rooms were huge and clean. But it was a little confusing getting to my room. I felt like I was in a maze and did get lost numerous times trying to find the elevator. The convention center part of the hotel was a great place for us to have our conference. I presented at this conference and had a great experience with the AV people. There were plenty of dining options and I loved the little market on the bottom floor. Perfect for convenience. Especially on those nights I wanted a drink but didn't want to pay an arm and a leg at a bar. It was a little out of the way so a taxi or rental car was needed to get anywhere for shopping or external food.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Melinda W
We loved looking at your awesome pictures, Melinda W…thanks for sharing!

We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again. We are here for you!

Thanks again,