“A two night stay”

Ranked #32 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
west midlands
“A two night stay”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is enormous. First thing that greets you is the parking deal at drop off. I left my car for 30 seconds maximum to carry the cases for my wife to reception and when I returned to the car it had gone. Courtesy parking at $21 a day. We had to go find my car as luggage was still in it and I was going to self park. Don't self park at $16, you will walk miles unless you are lucky to find a close by parking space.
Room was good, nice view, comfortable bed. Found a nice quiet pool to relax which you needed as there were 1500 teenagers there for a conference, and my god they were noisy. Lost my temper on the second night when they were holding a rave or something in the corridor outside our room at 11.45, I asked them to kindly shut up, and they did.
Did not use the restaurants as we prefer to eat out, but they have what they call market street which was a shop cum cafe which I thought was a brilliant idea. The conference facilities are mega, bigger thank anything I have seen. The golf course looked well used and well maintained. The hotel is well situated for International drive and some theme parks if that is what you want. We were there to meet friends and shop a little. Rating would have been higher if it was not for the noisy teenagers

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
I’m sad that we didn’t get a higher rating, nickg010…those nosy teenagers!!!

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall though.

Whenever on property please feel free to reach out to security to stop noise that is not called for.

Let me know when coming back… I will take care of you to ensure your room is fantastic next time.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
Wickford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Hotel looked wonderful and I was excited to stay, what a disappointment. Looks wonderful outside, very impressive. Good reception staff and there it ended. After exiting the elevator a long walk along a smelly corridor, couldn't quite say what the smell was, but thought it might be coming from the carpet. Entered the room, which actually smelt like wet dog! Room design was good with nice furniture but basically was the same as a Days Inn without the furniture, sitting in the bath could have been any motel in Florida. Had a bath and ended up with dirty black feet from walking on the carpet! In 20 years of staying in Florida I have never had that experience before. I had to lay towels from bathroom to where I was able to put my sandals on. I was only staying 3 nights for which I had paid for so decided to put up with it. The grounds were lovely but would suggest they provide slippers rather than dressing gowns in the rooms. As I just wanted to relax for a few days I went to the restaurant for breakfast, great surroundings and buffet looked really good, good presentation and excellent choice, however all the "hot was cold, the bacon I put on my plate couldn't be eaten because of the congealed fat. I found the fresh fruit and pastries as good as any "free breakfast" with room type of hotel. Decided to go out on Easter Monday as it was cloudy so decided to go shopping but as it was Easter Monday thought I had better check whether the Malls were open, especially the Florida Mall and the opening times. The Concierge advised me that yes of course all the shopping Malls were open, No they were not! only the Outlet Malls were open, even Publix was closed! Would never stay there again what a disappointment. The last thing I was expecting at a hotel like that was for it to be dirty. The carpets need to be replaced.

Room Tip: Request to see room before agreeing to it.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank squelliott
I’m so sorry to hear about your stay, squelliott!

I have sent a copy to the department heads to look into the carpet issue.

If you would like to talk some more about your stay, please let me know. I would love to hear from you.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Nice room, beautiful and expansive grounds, solid range of restaurants onsite, good spa. There aren't a ton of hotels that I've attended for a conference, but would want to come back for a vacation. The Rosen Shingle Creek is an exception.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We can’t wait for you to come back, serendipity613!

When you do… please let me know. I want to ensure your stay is PERFECT!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Huge Hotel, crammed with all you could possibly want in central Orlando. A supermarket (Publix) across the road for all those little bits to take to Water or Theme parks.
There is nothing that I could find wrong with this hotel .... 24 hour cafe to boot.

1 Thank Mark B
Wow…huge compliments, Mark B!

We appreciate it so much.

Have a super fabulous day!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014

An excellent hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. We found the hotel and surroundings very relaxing with an 18 hole golf course and 4 swimming pools. It is also well located for Sea World, Aquatica and the Universal Parks. We paid extra for the Concierge Lounge and found it excellent value, as we had breakfast, snacks and desserts in the lounge most days. The rooms were very comfortable and there are a good number of restaurants on site. Our favourite being the Flat Breads place, with good microbrewery beer. A touch on the expensive side, but we had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

1 Thank Ian77L
You are too kind to us! We loved hearing about your review.

Hope you visit us again soon.

Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Run, don't walk to this hotel/resort style property! A thousand places to stay in Orlando and this property has to be one of the best kept secrets in town. Just slightly off the beaten path, but minutes and I mean minutes, to attractions and anything else you might need. Room was spotless, service was amazing, cocktail/food service brought to you poolside and the 24 hour market/deli is a huge plus, with pricing very reasonable. Its a large property with 14 food outlets to choose from, deli to high end. A separate, adult only pool is a huge benefit.

Ignore the negative comments..they had to be having a bad day not to enjoy this property.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor, great view of the on site golf course and surrounding area.
2 Thank Richard C
Your Ignore the negative comments made us smile, Richard C!

We hope you run (safely) next time you are in Orlando and visit us again soon.

Thank you very much.

Richmond
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The resort itself is a incredible facility ands location is great, the reason it is not 499 a night it does not provide the service a facility like a Waldorf or a ritz does one of these 2 companies should buy it, For the price I paid it was a great value, that's why we stayed there and would stay again. If it came with service it would cost more but then we wouldn't stay there because we like great deals,

• Stayed March 2014
I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, Buzzmaster36 but I am concerned about your service you received.

I hope you do give us another chance and visit us again soon.

Safe travels friend!