“Great Hotel”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #47 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here - beautiful hotel and great service. We were originally given a room that was quite a LONG walk from the elevator and since my husband has a bad knee we found it a difficult trek. The bellman immediately called down to the front desk and we were quickly assigned a new room close to the elevator. The hotel has a number of restaurants - we enjoyed the upscale Italian restaurant - pricey but very good. We also like the Cafe Osceola for breakfast - their buffet is great. You can order the full buffet or just the cold buffet. Great to have a choice. The pools are wonderful, lots of room to enjoy sun or shade. The nearby bar also has great food choices for lunch. The only reason I didn't rate this hotel as 5 is because of the parking. I hate to pay for parking at a hotel, especially one with large parking lots. The self parking is a long way from the hotel so we had to pay for valet. I can understand hotels in large cities where parking is at a minimum but to have to pay $16 per day to park at least a block away from your hotel is ridiculous. The rooms are a nice size, very comfortable bed. House-keeping was efficient and friendly as were all of the staff we met.

Room Tip: Unless you want to walk a mile ask for a room near the elevator
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for the great review, geosueh!

We appreciate the kind words and hope to get that 5th star from you next time.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,256)

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We just finished an 8 day 7 night golf stay and play and this hotel and golf course were OUTSTANDING! The rooms, the amenities, the view, the spa, the course, and most importantly the employees were top notch. From the check in to the check out and every employee in between. They were courteous, polite, helpful, gracious and knowledgeable. From the front desk, to the spa, to the pool, to the golf course, with each contact they wanted you to feel right at home and to come back again. We travel for a living and stay in hotels all over the world. This hotel stay was the BEST experience we have ever had. Thank you to each employee!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

That is so amazing to hear, Ann A!

THANK YOU for the awesome review. We appreciate it very much.

Can’t wait to have you back in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stay at the RSC every year for our annual conference. The service is awesome, the gym is wonderful (get's busy), the golf is fantastic, the restaurants are scrumptious, and the rooms are stupendous! I cannot say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms with a golf course view are very relaxing
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Liz B

You are all around awesome too, Liz B!

Thank you so much for that review. You have us blushing.

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Was here with son's baseball team. But I was given top floor room away from the chaos. Immaculate, wonderful views. Greeted warmly by all staff. Wish there was golf cart shuttle for self parking. That was a hike!! Housekeeping on 14th floor very friendly

Stayed: March 2014

All of our guests are royalty to us, cwhomeschool!

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed here on a conference from the 14th of March to the 16th of March. I traveled alone by car to my location. I arrived to the hotel and was greeted by the valet staff but was told to park my car first in the self parking area versus leaving my car in the front just to check in which is the norm with a lot of hotels. So that really inconvenienced me because self parking is ways away. Keep in mind this is a conference hotel so this is a huge massive place and it is a walk. Self parking however is 16 a day and valet is 21 currently.

However once I checked in I was given a nice room which had the basics 2 queen size beds, a fridge an HDTV but no microwave. Which is ok but with a nice hotel like that, I expected a microwave. I was on the 8th floor so I had the view of the 2 pools the hotel has to offer which is pretty nice. The hotel provides free wifi throughout its facilities so that is a plus.

For those without cars/vehicles the resort is almost a city in itself. The resort has a pizza place, a couple bars, a coffee shop and a restaurant, meaning if you don't want to go out of this hotel it is all there for you. If you need any necessities, publix which is a local supermarket is right across. However if you want to walk its 15 minutes there.

This resort is a huge resort and great for conventions, however if you want to stay here in Orlando for leisure, I still recommend other places such as the Peacock,hotels on international drive or the vacation rental homes on 192 that are closer to the rest o the attractions since this resort is out in its own area/oasis.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank maui87a
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you so much, maui87a for the kind words about the property.

We appreciate the fact that you took time to update us on your stay.

If you come to Orlando in the future, please let me know. Hope to hear from you in the future.

Safe travels.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I spent 2 nights at the hotel and it an awesome stay. The hotel had 10 ($$$$$) restaurants with outstanding food, 5 outdoor pools (none inside), arcade, spa, volleyball and basketball court, nature trails and golf. Customer service was outstanding at both the front desk and the bar poolside. HUGE SHOUT OUT TO THE BARTENDER RICH!!!! The only thing that kept my overall rating from being excellent is the fact that I had a handicap room and the bathroom smelled like urine. House keeping mopped the floor at my request but I could still smell it faintly. I'm pretty sure the other rooms won't smell like that. But, besides that small issue the rest of the room was clean, comfortable and relaxing.

Room Tip: Avoid handicap rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thanks so much for the awesome review, TakeMeAway312!

I have sent a copy of this to the Director of Housekeeping for the issue you ran into so they can look into it….that is extremely weird. I’m sorry you experienced this.

I have also sent a copy of your review to the manager of Rich to ensure he gets the recognition that he deserves.

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to share your experience with us. We appreciate it so much.

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel, but it is very big.
The rooms are very nice, and they have 3 big pools with enough sunbeds. When we were there, there was a wedding and they closed 2 pools, that was a pity.
But for the rest, it was a pleasant stay, and we enjoyed almost everything.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daisy B

You have that right…we are a very large property, Daisy B!

I hope you were able to maneuver your way around and that you come and visit us again in the future.

Hope to see you soon.