Rosen Shingle Creek
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
4,383 results
All reviewsself parkingland rememberedcafe osceolatroy shoemakercala bellathe mexican restaurantfamily poolbeautiful golf coursebeautiful hotelconference hotelhuge hoteltennis courtsper daypublix supermarketfitness centerattending a conferenceinternational drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Rosen shingle is great. We have stayed a few times now. Staff is accommodating. Rooms are big and clean. Biggest complaint is parking- it is far! And you have to pay $16 a night to park your own car. Last time, we had to park and walk in the pouring rain. The walkway could at least be covered! We are booked again next month, but the parking situation is getting old. We may change to a different hotel for this reason.
Kelly-
Virginia

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Luckygirl539
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Hello Luckygirl539!

I am happy to hear your experience at the hotel has been good. I would love to hear more!

We do recommend using our convention center when walking from the parking lot. This will protect you from all the elements of the weather here in Orlando.

Thanks again…. Hope to chat soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a convention for a couple days. Outside of the building is pretty and the grounds are well maintained. Room was clean and since the resort is still new the beds and linen are good.

Convention food was always a bit cold as they use steam baths under the food to heat it which only works as well as how many times you change out the water. The food was good but most people in my group said the same thing about it never being hot. Service at the hotel is decent. They're friendly enough, however when I checked out they didn't even ask me how my stay was. My company may be paying for the room but the source of their revenue shouldn't affect whether they ask if my stay was good or not. If they had asked they might have found out that the tub was draining slow in my room.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Adamwe

I’m sorry they didn’t ask about your stay, Adamwe.

I will forward your request onto Front Desk as every guest should be asked how their stay was.

I’m going to send you a personal email as well to see about your room number… I want to get this fixed for our future guests.

Thanks again. If you need anything else, please let me know.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Was introduced to this property as a result of a conference (I ordinarily chose smaller properties). I arrived early and am so glad I did. The room was situated so that I could enjoy watching others play golf. The appointments were very comfortable. The options for dining and pool-time (3 large pool and deck areas) were spot-on! As a single, the casual venues were perfect. Loved the food court's excellent options; a little convenience market with prepared-to-order items and outrageous bakery. The outdoor bar/food area was perfect. Jason Perez, the bartender, is a gem! I enjoyed my pedicure and hair appointments. The staff here and in the dining areas were great. I am hoping to return soon and suggest that you will make it a favorite spot after your first stay too.

One point - parking here is expensive. If you have a spa treatment, you receive a credit on your parking charges. IF you are flying in and staying a few days, I suggest taking a cab or shuttle. I did this and felt it worked perfectly.

Room Tip: Overlooking the golf course is the best vista.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

We agree…Jason really is an amazing associate, Cynthia C!

Thanks for updating us on your experience. If you need anything at all, please let me know.

Thank you.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Exterior of this resort is beautiful and so is the lobby and meeting room areas for convention but that is where it ends. My room was "eh" basically. The carpet is dirty, stains everywhere, carpet wasn't vacuumed, fridge was dirty and not cleaned, housekeeping needs alot of work and the WIFI is very poor. You have to clear your cache about every 2 minutes as the WIFI cuts you off non stop and this is threw out the building. There was even a router right outside my room and I had 2 bars at best and continuous drops in access. Very frustrating when you are trying to work in your room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank urlacher54
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Hello urlacher54-

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with both the internet and the housekeeping items you mentioned.

I am sending you a private message to see if you can give some more information about your stay.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Having stayed at the Rosen Shingle Creek previously, I was excited to be staying again for 8 nights and once again, our expectations were exceeded by the friendly staff and beautifully kept hotel. The hotel itself is very large but somehow manages to maintain a small hotel charm/feel through clever design of the interior spaces and first-class customer service. The hotel is 'gated' by a manned security station as you drive in which gives the hotel a very exclusive feel. As you drive up the long sweeping private driveway, you can't help but notice two things; the beautiful and large hotel building and immaculately kept grounds.

We were checked in by a very helpful member of staff and as our room wasn't ready for us, she immediately looked on the system and was able to find another room matching our special requests available so that we did not have to wait. The room itself was spotlessly clean and well stocked with fantastic amenities from the spa. We had great views of the golf course and pools from the 9th floor. Whilst the room itself was one of the rooms furthest from the elevators (at my request) this made for a completely noise free stay. The bed linens were clearly new and I felt that the pillows were probably the best of any hotel I have ever stayed in.

As for the rest of the hotel, this was very well maintained - in fact, not a day went by where we didn't see some painting/touch up work taking place and this meant that the hotel always looked like new. The pools were fantastic and I really appreciated the fact that they had three with separate themes; one a quiet pool (lap pool), one a family pool and the third was an adult only pool. It meant that there was genuinely something for everyone.

There are also a number of restaurants on site from the quick service/deli style delights of '18 Monroe Street' (a sort of NYC style deli) which served both hot and cold foods many of which were made to order. This served sandwiches, bakery items, pizzas and much more. This also doubled as a convenience store with very reasonably priced drinks, foods/snacks, sun screen and other vacation amenities. In fact, I'd stayed at another hotel on the coast earlier in the week and the same bottle of sun screen was less than half the price here compared with the other hotel!

Other restaurants we tried were all good too and include:
Mi Casa Tequila - fab scratch made Margaritas and table side Guacamole (fantastic!).
Cafe Osceola - their buffet style restaurant - great and relatively inexpensive breakfast.
Headwaters Lounge - nice range of cocktails, craft beers, wines and beers on tap. Good table service and quick. Can get busy but service rarely gets compromised!
A Land Remembered - by far the best steak I have ever eaten in my life with some interesting accompaniments - we tried the Gator Drool (craft beer!) Collard Greens and Lobster Mac and Cheese.

We weren't able to try the other 4 restaurants/bars but each had a great theme and menu and again were reasonably priced.

Great also that a hotel of this size also offers free wi-fi (very rare), no resort fee (again very rare) and complimentary parking for overnight guests. Others have commented that the parking lot is a little far from the hotel. One of the new additions since our last stay is that they now have security guards patrolling the parking lot and each day, we were offered a ride to the front door on their golf carts - this was a great touch. That said, it is only a short walk to the main lobby from the parking lot.

Others have commented that the temperature of the hotel was too cold - we didn't find this at all and were very comfortable.

The spa, tennis courts, volleyball courts, golf course, fishing dock, scenic wildlife walks and games room (arcade) means that there is plenty on site to keep you entertained.

We are already discussing our next trip and will definitely be back to stay at the Rosen Shingle Creek again soon.

Room Tip: Request a room close to the elevator if you don't want much of a walk as some of the rooms can be a bit of a walk. We preferred a room further away as there is less passing traffic from other guests!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James O

I have been telling people that A Land Remembered has the best steaks for years, James O! I’m so glad that you can now share this with everyone as well.

When you do come back…please let me know. We want to make sure your next stay is just as great.

Thanks for your continued business.

Have a great day.