“Huge And Expensive With Parking Almost Literally In Another County”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #32 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Griffin, Georgia
“Huge And Expensive With Parking Almost Literally In Another County”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

If you've got plenty (and I mean plenty) of money to burn, then this is the place for you. The resort is HUGE, with 3 swimming pools, countless meeting rooms, multiple restaurants of all types, a big gift shop, and a small army of employees to take care of all your needs. But the self parking is far away from the hotel (and $16.00 per day, too) and the valet staff has no urgency nor do they sense the importance of their jobs as it relates to the hotel customers who are just pulling up and getting their first perspective of the resort through their interaction with the valets.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank David C
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hi David C-

I’m so sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the valet team. I have already forwarded your review to Christian Garcia, Valet Manager, to ensure he talks to the team.

If you will be back in the Orlando area…please let me know. We would love to ensure your next stay is better than this one.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed for a convention and arrived during a wave of incoming guests for a different convention dinner. Clueless security guards sent us into that line of cars and got us stuck with them for 20 minutes until we could continue past and get to check-in. Be prepared to be descended upon by an army of people making you feel pressured to accept services that you will be obliged (but not required) to tip. No luggage cart is available without an attendant, for example.

Every staff person greets you as you pass, and they seemed sincere. We experienced one issue that was promptly remedied at 1130pm, so I believe they are always trying to make your stay a pleasant one.

On site dining is very expensive, but it is located close to many other options. There are many transportation options, and other guests said the prices were very reasonable. They offered a no-cost shuttle to Sea World, so that added value to the trip.

There are three large outdoor pools on site. We enjoyed them, and the family swim area had lots of shallow water. The third pool is a lap pool, so that's nice to have for early or late swims.

The convention facilities are immense, so several conventions can be going on at once.

For the size and amount of activity that can and does go on at once, the staff handled everything well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello Chris H!

Thank you so much for the nice review but I’m so sorry that you ran into a few issues. It is always great to hear that any issues that were brought to our attention were handled correctly and efficiently.

We hope you come back in the future. Please let me know if you need anything or if there is anything else I can assist with.

Thank you.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The property and facilities were wonderful, but there was a general unpleasant attitude that was prominent amongst staff at many levels. I did not feel welcomed at all. The Concierge was by far the worst. I was sent to speak to him regarding theme park tickets since the desk that handles that was on a lengthy break. He gave me the weirdest look when I approached him with a "hello", which he never reciprocated, and came across as I was a bother to him. Maybe it was the shorts and t- shirt, but that's the preferred attire for me on vacation. Nonetheless, he told me he could not help with my need and he "wished the desk didn't do that. They know that I don't handle tickets here. You will have to wait." What a way to treat your guests! I had one too many encounters similar to this to plan a third trip back to this resort.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank jpope09
I’m completely shocked to hear about your experience, jpope09!

I’m sorry to hear that you were not pleased. It is definitely not something we hear when it comes to the staff attitudes, etc.

Were you able to speak with a Hotel Manager? Is there anything I can help with?

Please let me know. I would love to hear from you!

Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Rosen Shingle Creek, like its sister Rosen Centre, in Orlando seem to be hotels attracting large convention groups. Consequently, when you go there, you are a captive. Prices for food are quite high and the food is mediocre at best. Avoid. There are many places in Orlando instead for food. The room given to us at Singly Creek was not ready when we arrived so the bellman stored our hanging clothes and luggage until it would be ready sometime after 3:00 p.m. When my husband went to get a clean shirt around lunchtime, he found our luggage off the cart, in a carrel and out hanging clothes jumbled underneath getting wrinkled. He told them to hang it up and they found a cart and did so. When I returned at 3:00, I found the luggage and hanging clothes once again jumbled into the carrel getting wrinkled and dirty. On to the rooms, which was adequate. Rooms and bath are in need of renovations, but my bathroom door would not stay open on its own, and it had dirty towels in a jumble and a horrid smell. At the sink, the toiletries were lying on a used washcloth and toothpaste residue was on the ceramic tray that should have held fresh toiletries and there were more dirty towels and a used soap in the soap dish. The manager came up and moved us to another room. For our trouble, he "comped" the valet parking charges. At both hotels, the pillows were lumpy, smelly, messes. I don't think Mr. Rosen has actually slept on any of the pillows in his hotels. While the grounds were lovely, since we were there for business, we did not use the pools or other areas. The breakfast buffet was okay, decaf coffee brought to me was cold and when I asked for hot coffee, they heated my original coffee in a microwave and I burned my tongue. There were long lines at check in and at check out. Really, I would never choose a Rosen hotel if it were not for a conference being held there. Orlando has a lot of hotels that outdo this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank susiQ34683
Hell susiQ34683-

I am so shocked to hear about your experience. I am sorry that you ran into issues like the above mentioned. At Rosen Hotels & Resorts we strive for perfection and we definitely missed the mark with you and I apologize on behalf of the entire hotel.

Is there anything that I can do for you? Please let me know. I will send you a personal email as well.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were booked in for 2 weeks, July, 2013, a family of 4 with 2 teenagers.
We had booked a room with 2 queen beds. We were quite close to the pool and there was a bit of noise at night. When we spoke to the hotel about it they moved us to an executive suite, further away. So for the rest of our trip we had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms plus dining and sitting area and 2 TVs, all at no extra cost.
We were really impressed. Everything else about the hotel was excellent too. Could not fault it, they could not have been more helpful, with everything. Also great location for all the parks. Brilliant

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 210Joanna
So happy to hear you had a great time, 210Joanna.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Please let us know if you will be back. We would love to have you and your family stay with us.

San Antonio
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Prior to joining my husband on this business trip we had not heard of Rosen hotels, what a pleasant surprise. Nature all around, beautiful grounds, golf course, birds, ponds and creeks; we especially enjoyed the walking trails. The hotel and rooms are clean and well kept, there are several restaurants to dine (the Italian was the best). And, the location is great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DDTSA
The nature trail is beautiful, DDTSA. I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed it just as much as I do.

Thanks for sharing your experience. We hope you get back from San Antonio again soon.

Orebro, Sweden
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I suppose this must be the biggest hotel in the Orlando area (haven't really checked). Stayed six nights with my wife for a convention in July. Had a car the first day, but after that you are really out in the middle of nowhere. Yes, there is a Publix across the street, but it's quite a hike to get there.

Beautiful general areas, both inside and outside, gigantic convention facilities.

The hotel has several restaurants, a couple of higher priced ones and some ordinary priced. The Monroe Street market in the basement was very slow, when ordering a sandwich. Everything prepared right then, fine, it is fresh, but it takes forever...

Nice buffet in the Cafe Osceola, both for lunch and dinner. Best thing about it is that you can go ahead right away, since the table service in the Cafe Osceola was very, very slow, when we ordered from the menu.

The temperature knob on the iron in the room was broken, so we could not set the temperature when we needed to iron some clothes on the first evening. Delivery of a new iron took four (4) phone calls to housekeeping/guest relations and 1.5 hour before it arrived. During the second call I was told it was on the way, which it was not. Yes, the hallways are long and the hotel is big, but...

Rooms OK, really your average business hotel room. Shower in bathtub with curtain, more Motel 6 like. Beds comfortable.

For conventions, great, for vacation, I would choose some place smaller where you can drive and park close to the hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Napoleon61
Greetings, Napoleon61!

Thank you very much for your review of your stay. I’m so sorry that your stay wasn’t perfect but I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall.

If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. I would love to ensure your next stay is even better.