“Excellent”

Ranked #34 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Lahore, Pakistan
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

by far the best resort I've ever stayed at. the room and the view from the room were absolutely breathe taking. the service was great, though there was a convention going on, we did not feel the rush or lack of service. truly a great experience, will return again. centrally located.

Room Tip: the view of rooms overlooking the pools is great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank s3rz
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Excellent review s3rz!

Wow…all the way from Pakistan…thank you so much.

Your kind words are greatly appreciated.

Please come back and visit us again soon.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (950)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Our second time staying at Rosen Shingle Creek courtesy of Captain Kirk. This is my families favorite place to stay in Orlando. The staff was amazingly friendly from the moment we pulled up. We stayed for 3 nights this time on the 10th floor with a beautiful view (now my wife's iPad background pic.) My kids loved the pools; they were immaculate. We used self parking again this time ($16 a day) and found the secret to mastering the long trek to the parking lot is by going in and out of the conference center. One awesome thing they have changed since our previous stay last year is that the WIFI is now free! This was a huge & welcomed surprise! (Before it was like $10 a day!) I have yet to stay in a finer Hotel!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Apostlealex
You think your second time was good…wait until the third, Apostlealex!

Thank you so much for the amazing review and the special secrets.

We appreciate it and look forward to your return. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks again,

Saddle River, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

It was a quick in and out business meeting. Some hotels make it obvious how hard they are trying...Shingle Creek does it with out breaking a sweat...even in the Florida summer heat.

From the moment I arrived at the front door it was clear that every member of the staff was well trained and knew their job. Check in at the front desk was friendly, competent and efficient. My room was well comfortable, appointed, quiet and filled with all the amenities a business traveler would expect. Our Dinner meeting in Cala Bella was handled perfectly. The staff was attentive but not intrusive. They sensed an intense conversation and waited for a natural break before serving the main course. The food, although not remarkable, was well prepared and nicely served.

After our business meetings the next day, we played a round of golf. The gold staff arranged for everything we needed. They checked our bags and brief cases and set us up with lockers and towels. The course was well maintained and challenging. Mid day golf in Florida during the summer is for mad dogs and Englishmen. I was grateful for the iced towels that were brought around. Despite the briefing from the starter and a GPS in the cart, I played poorly and was happy when the sky opened with fat, quarter sized rain drops. A again the staff was alert to our needs and provided plastic bags for our wet clothes that had to go back into suitcases.

When it was time to leave, our driver was waiting at the door. Some hotels make it look like today was the first day they had ever done this. Shingle Creek made first class hopitality look easy.

Room Tip: This is a big hotel and some of the rooms are a long walk to the elevator. Ask to be closer to the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeffrey A
With this Florida heat, I’m sure they were sweating, Jeffrey A, but it is only due to the heat!

Thank you so much for your wonderful words about the hotel.

Please visit us again soon. I would love to hear from you in the future if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks again,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

this was by far the best resort I've ever stayed at. the room was absolutely breathe taking. it was like staying at a castle. the service was unbelievable and the manager Alfredo Gonzalez gave us outstanding help and service. I was here for my 14th Birthday and me and my friends and family had a fantastic time. this was truely a great fun experience.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank izzygonzalezzz
WOW! Thank you so much izzygonzalezzz.

I will make sure that Alfredo and his manager see the review and he gets the recognition he deserves.

Thanks again for staying…please come back soon!

Valrico, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We spent a quick getaway at this hotel recently. The lobby is lovely, quite grand and the room was without any complaints. The grounds are spacious, with numerous swimming pools. Parking was at a $20 surcharge,although our fe was waved since I have handicapped reasons (I am in wheelchair). The hotel is set extremely far from any other locations. All in all given we booked on priceline at a very reasonable rate it was a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank livinginfloridanow
Hello livinginfloridanow!

Welcome to Florida living…we hope you are enjoying it.

Thank you for the review of the property. I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Please visit us again soon.

Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here by bidding on Priceline, and did Mr. Shatner ever come through for us. The resort is immaculate, our room was by the elevator but it was quiet, and the staff was helpful and friendly. Know before you go that there is a $16 daily parking fee. I did and the rate was still worth the time we had here. There was a bit of miscommunication at the beginning of the stay (I thought I was only paying for parking and gave the front desk clerk my bank card and she used it as a "card on file" and held money against my checking account), but a wonderful agent named Helen called my bank and reversed it immediately. There are 3 pools (lap pool, family pool, and adults only pool) and they almost beg you stay there instead of going to the theme parks. We ate at Tobias Flats at the resort and the food was outstanding and they had a huge selection of local Florida breweries on their beer list. We went to Disney and Sea World. The hotel is closer to Sea World and Disney was about a 15 minute drive. The only down side to staying in a place like this is that you don't want to go home! We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Floors 10 and above have a very zippy elevator that only goes to the lobby and lower lobby. Get a ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kvullo
Oh Mr. Shatner….him and his daughter know how to get it right! Right kvullo?

Thank you so much for the amazing review. We love hearing the wonderful things you had to say and I will make sure that Helen knows how much you appreciated her.

Thanks for staying with us. Please visit us again soon.

Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

visited for a 3 day conference. Very nice property but lots of walking involved to get to everything the property has to offer. Not much around the site, walking to local grocery store was quite a feat. Staff was outstanding, food was decent (conference meals) Pool side bar very fun, food and drinks there were good. Rooms were comfortable. I shared with a friend, we were on different 'clocks' so didn't get in each other's way even though we attended same confernece. This is the second Rosen property I've visited in Orlando, and recommend the brand.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CaliforniaKit
Thanks for the recommendation, CaliforniaKit.

We appreciate you more than you know it. Please come back soon.

Let me know if I can help in any way.