Rosen Shingle Creek
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
4,379 results
All reviewsself parkingland rememberedcafe osceolatroy shoemakercala bellathe mexican restaurantfamily poolbeautiful golf coursebeautiful hotelconference hotelhuge hoteltennis courtsper daypublix supermarketfitness centerattending a conferenceinternational drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here by bidding on Priceline, and did Mr. Shatner ever come through for us. The resort is immaculate, our room was by the elevator but it was quiet, and the staff was helpful and friendly. Know before you go that there is a $16 daily parking fee. I did and the rate was still worth the time we had here. There was a bit of miscommunication at the beginning of the stay (I thought I was only paying for parking and gave the front desk clerk my bank card and she used it as a "card on file" and held money against my checking account), but a wonderful agent named Helen called my bank and reversed it immediately. There are 3 pools (lap pool, family pool, and adults only pool) and they almost beg you stay there instead of going to the theme parks. We ate at Tobias Flats at the resort and the food was outstanding and they had a huge selection of local Florida breweries on their beer list. We went to Disney and Sea World. The hotel is closer to Sea World and Disney was about a 15 minute drive. The only down side to staying in a place like this is that you don't want to go home! We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Floors 10 and above have a very zippy elevator that only goes to the lobby and lower lobby. Get a room poolside!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kvullo
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Oh Mr. Shatner….him and his daughter know how to get it right! Right kvullo?

Thank you so much for the amazing review. We love hearing the wonderful things you had to say and I will make sure that Helen knows how much you appreciated her.

Thanks for staying with us. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

visited for a 3 day conference. Very nice property but lots of walking involved to get to everything the property has to offer. Not much around the site, walking to local grocery store was quite a feat. Staff was outstanding, food was decent (conference meals) Pool side bar very fun, food and drinks there were good. Rooms were comfortable. I shared with a friend, we were on different 'clocks' so didn't get in each other's way even though we attended same confernece. This is the second Rosen property I've visited in Orlando, and recommend the brand.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CaliforniaKit

Thanks for the recommendation, CaliforniaKit.

We appreciate you more than you know it. Please come back soon.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have been here twice, both for conventions. Rosen is not a widely known name so at first I was anxious about the property. So going back to my first experience I would have to say that it exceeded my expectations.

This is a very large property. When you come from New York everything outside of a big city is huge! I was very pleased by the entire workings of the facility, down to the cleaning crew that regularly power washes the outside and keeps it all clean.

During my first visit I didn't get a chance to use the golf course but this time I did and I will say it's really good. The greens were being aired so I can't comment on the roll but other than that they layout and design is excellent. I highly recommend it to people remotely interested in the game.

My wife used the spa and she said it was excellent, so that's also worth a visit.

Restaurant wise:

18 st. Market - the sandwiches are huge, enough to share, and a good stock of what you need

Calla Bella - excellent food, New York level, try their dessert

Land remembered - solid good steak

Tobias flats - have the flat breads instead of the pizza

I can't put this on the level of Mina Al Salam so I can't give it a 5 rating but it's as good as it can be. It's a serious contender for anyone doing the parks trip.

Room Tip: Pool view close to the elevators on a higher floor. Or just stay close to the elevators or it's a long walk to the rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sabin C

Speechless, Sabin C.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The initial hotel we planned to stay in botched our reservation.. so we were forced to find somewhere quick.

Being in Orlando there are no shortage of hotels.. and we landed in the resort on chance. Very great decision! The location is off the beaten path so its not as crowded as some of the more touristy places, almost gives you the feeling like you're not even in Orlando. More of an island feel.

The rooms were very nice, and the hotel was very clean.

The resort is HUGE, with so much to do ... seriously you can be blown away by the amenities.. pool.. spa.. restaurant. I would stay here again, and actually look forward to visiting.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DuJuan A

We look forward to you staying with us again too, DuJuan A.

I hope you keep my information on file and let me know when you will return.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Between the 2 times I stayed at Shingle Creek (July 4th weekends of 2007 and 2013) for APPNA (Association of Pakistani Physicians of North America), I have been very happy with the quality of service, responsiveness, ease of valet, and overall comfort at this resort. It embodies the characteristics you expect of a resort in terms of breadth of services, in-house options and attention to detail. Although the conference introduced a whirlwind of activity and families to the resort, the staff and general aura of the resort remained intact - a commendable feature for any resort experiencing an influx of 3000+ people across a couple days.

Overall, a great stay and a recommendation to others staying in the area.

Room Tip: Get a view of the golf course
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Umair H

We loved every moment we had with the APPNA group and are so happy to hear you enjoyed it too, Umair H!

Thanks for reviewing the property. I hope you come back soon.

Thanks,