“Conference Attendee”

Ranked #33 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Columbus, Ohio
“Conference Attendee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

My first visit to this facility Beautiful. Four pools of which one is just for adults. Several nice restaurants. Very upscale, beautiful landscaping. For a conference attendee, I felt captive because there was nothing around the hotel. If you want to see anything you must rent a car. Staff was very polite and helpful, very nice modern rooms, good food. If you have any issues walking, request a room near an elevator. My room was quite a ways from the elevator. When I went down in the morning i did not go back to my room until the end of the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator. Long walk to some of the rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank S L Y
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hello, hello SLY!

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share your story of your stay with us at Rosen Shingle Creek.

We truly hope you come back and visit us again in the near future.

Thank you for staying with us.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (951)
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Rosen Shingle Creek should be considered a palace! It is immaculate. The staff are some of the friendliest, most professional people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. The size of the rooms are amazing. Several pools, hot tubs, shops, a golf course, tennis courts, arcade, spa, fishing dock, nature trails are all available to guests who need a break from the theme parks. My sister and I stayed in a double queen room, and were quite comfortable. It is soooo quiet at night!
Some people complain about the cost of the Valet parking ($21 for an overnight). Well, I've traveled to many places that charge $12-$25 for self parking... so, I would say INDULGE! You're staying at a 4 star hotel that would rank as a 5 star in some of the bigger cities. $21 is worth it! The splendid toiletries alone are probably worth that much! And the robes, in room fridge, abundance of towels, and comfy beds more than make up for it!!!
I will have a hard time staying anywhere else in Orlando from now on. I AM NOW SPOILED :D

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank cruzie622
We hope to continue to spoil you, cruzie622!

You are only an hour away so please come back and visit us again soon. You have friends here in Orlando.

Thanks again for the extremely kind review.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed recently at the Shingle Creek during the PegaWORLD 2013. Staff well prepared and always helpful, variety of restaurants, 3 swimming pools, well equipped gym, rooms very comfortable and spacious. The hotel it's not far from the airport and from the sea world. It worst every penny and I will certainly will comeback with my family for a leisure trip as it far more convenient that the hotels in the parks.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RaffaeleB
Wow…thank you, RaffaeleB.

We appreciate you and your review.

We can’t wait for you to return.

Thanks again for the nice review!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during a conference I attended in Orlando. There was nothing about this resort I didn't like. The restaurants were all amazing, and our room was comfortable and beautiful. There were several pools and hot tubs, and even shops and a Starbucks. Every member of the staff we encountered was accommodating, friendly and helpful. Very much the environment of a Ritz hotel. Though I was there for work, staying at Rosen Shingle Creek made our stay feel like a vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank KrisFerris
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
You can always come back and stay forever, KrisFerris!

Thank you so much for those amazingly kind words. You are too kind.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Crystal Beach, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

After a poor experience across town at Gaylord Palms earlier in the month, we chose the Rosen Shingle Creek for our trip to Disney Hollywood Studios for Star Wars weekend. This property is luxuriously maintained and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable.

Our room was comfortable and clean. My husband took our boys to the kids pool where they had a lot of fun. Towels were readily available poolside.

We ate dinner off property but got breakfast in the market/ deli. The choices were plentiful and the staff friendly. Food was ok. We ate in an outside area that was also clean and comfortable.

This is a property we will definitely stay ay again. It's closely located to all the major theme parks in Orlando.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 2BOYSMOM44
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hi 2BOYSMOM44!

I hope that the boys and your husband treated you to some spa time while you were here!

Thank you so much for you amazing review of the property. You have no idea how much it means to us.

We love hearing you will be back. I hope you reach out to me when you decide to visit again.

Thanks again,

Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had an early morning arrival from another local hotel. Yet, the check-in was professional and provided information for my wife to take her swim-tote to a locker at their spa, enjoying the amenities. I went directly to a conference; my wife enjoyed the "indulgence" of a spa massage and continued her relaxation poolside at the "quiet pool" (adults ONLY). Due to business, I did not get to relax poolside, but my wife informed me of available lap pool, family pool, kiddie pool, and an adults' only pool. The prices were expected for this Orlando area for food in the marketplace, but you can venture across the street to the Publix grocery, if you need water or snacks (wine, cheese & crackers). We like the sleeping temperature cool (63*), but our thermostat seemed a bit hot in the evening for a restful sleep. The Italian restaurant was a treat for our final evening and a friend from the conference surprised us by paying for our bottled wine, so it was a lovely ending to our stay. [My wife also says that Morgan was very "efficient and speedy" delivering poolside drinks and "she makes a nice double mohito!"]

Room Tip: 13th floor with a King bed and a pool view was beautiful and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bizman92
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
We need to make sure you have more time to relax by the pool like your wife, Bizman92!

Thank you very much for such great comments and I will definitely share the comments with the departments and Morgan.

Thank you again. We hope you come back soon.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Heidelberg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

In almost every aspect of the stay, I enjoyed a lot the convenience of the resort and great customer orientation of the staff.
For travelers preferring choices, this is the place to stay. E.g. for breakfast, you can have a simple fast-food, buy some basic groceries in the store, or choose the restaurant. In the restaurant, the buffet offered a great selection of fresh fruit and delicious food. Several restaurants for your lunch or dinner, several pools for refreshment, several sport activities to select from. All the staff was very helpful and kind.

Yet, if you are looking for a cozy and inexpensive place, this would not be the perfect hit for you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ChrisD2002
Wow…thank you, ChrisD2002!

The staff definitely loves hearing the positivity from our guests. Thank you very much.

Please visit us again soon. We would love to have you as our guest in the future.