“It was hard to leave here!”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #38 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

From the moment I arrived, I knew I was on vacation. The hotel's grounds were immaculate and welcoming. The beautiful views in the lobby made me feel instantly like I was in a tranquil day spa. Check-in was very quick (less than 5 minutes) and pleasant. My room was luxuriously decorated, everything was exceptionally clean as well. After settling in, I looked through the room service menus and the spa menus. Although the prices were slightly high, I was informed by the front desk that there was a market one floor below the lobby with a grocery area as well as pizza and fried chicken. The food was delicious and more moderately priced and we enjoyed the views of the pool area and golf course. Our room had a refrigerator beautifully tucked away in the dresser which came in handy when we bought groceries across the street at Publix (I loved that the fridge was hidden to avoid the tacky, motel feel). We were fairly close to most of the theme parks and activities, but to be honest, I often found myself unwilling to leave the comfort of the hotel. I absolutely cannot say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Elizabeth M
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Your review makes us feel so good, Elizabeth M!

Please visit us again soon. We would love to have you staying with us.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

The resort is lovely. It is clean, great staff, beautiful pool area. They were very accommodating to our corporate meeting. The rooms were wonderful too. There are several restaurants to choode from and many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank laurhite

WOW! Thank you, laurhite!

Thank you, thank you.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This hotel is gorgeous! Rooms overlooking the golf course and orlando city in the distance! Only a short drive to I-Drive and other attractions. Rooms are really nice and the lobby is huge and spectacular. Staff are very friendly and chatty. Hotel has a great deli and a few different bars, ideal for meating with friends. Poo was huge with hardly anyone using it! Would love to come back with my wife!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Martin T

You are too kind, mart10. Thank you so much for your amazingly kind words of our property.

I hope I have the opportunity to be of assistance if you return in the future!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights last year while visiting Universal. It is a large convention hotel, but as there were no conventions during my stay I was able to land a room at a DEEP discount off the published price (how I did it I cannot tell). I could not believe how luxurious the place was for what I was paying. Our room was palatial, and it wasn't even a suite: super high ceiling, floor-to-ceiling window with a great view of the pools and the golf course beyond, giant carved wooden headboards on the beds, robes etc. etc. Very beautiful furniture and high-end finishes throughout. If you go, it would definitely be worth your while to request a room on the top floor.

I'm not a golfer and I didn't use the spa, and parking and internet usually cost extra. Most restaurants and drinks are VERY expensive, but everything I ordered was almost beyond reproach. Pools were wonderful, never very crowded, and there are separate ones for families and adults; the latter has its own full service bar and even "tame" ducks! Someone was always available to wait on us with a smile.

What I remember most fondly though is the breakfast buffet. It also is not included in the room rate, and normally I HATE buffets, but this one is something special. At this one you can have not only omelets made to order, but eggs benedict (or eggs practically any way you want them, for that matter) and Belgian waffles. The way the food is presented is flawless, with pyramids of perfect, sweet berries and other fruits, not a single one out of place, and the whipped butter is even formed into little golf balls. The bacon is thick-cut and of an extremely high quality, and to top it off, there are carving stations, and this isn't even the brunch buffet (they do that too, as well as a dinner one, but I didn't try them)! Well worth the extra $18 IMHO.

Overall I had a much better time here than I did at Universal, and would definitely stay here next time I'm in Orlando when I will likely visit some Disney parks, even though it's a little hike from there. Everything about the property far outweighs that one disadvantage. Heck, I might not even go to any theme parks at all and just spend a week here!!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have larger windows and probably higher ceilings too!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank loopygal

I hope I hear from you in the future, loopygal. I’m sure I can assist in making sure your next stay is just as great as your last one.

I love the way you think! I can’t wait to hear from you.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to show love to our property.

Thanks again,

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel recently on honeymoon. Upon arrival we were amazed at the size of the place. We were helped with our luggage from our car and directed to reception. As we travelled with our baby daughter (6 months old). We asked for a quiet room, as the hotel was fully booked with wedding and conference guests. We were given our room keys and directed to the 5th floor, we also has complimentary self parking - which was about five minutes walk through the conference room reception areas and no real inconvenience. We were also told to call back to reception to get upgraded the following day - which we did and were offered a number of suites! We took our pick after checking them all out and selected 5511. The room was spacious offering a great view of the pool And golf course areas. The hotel is a good base for travelling around Orlando as its about ten minutes drive to sea world, 20 minutes to Disney. There are some good facilities in the hotel including the mini market and the flats Resturant which we both frequented. There is also a publix across the road from the hotel. The staff on reception were very helpful when we needed anything, and the housekeeping staff - especially Cathy on our floor could not do enough to ensure our stay was one to remember!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Martin-1303

You stayed in one of my favorite room types. So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Please let me know if you will be back. I will ensure that Cathy knows how you appreciated her help.

Thanks again for your business. We appreciate it.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We recently stayed here for a wedding and were joined by many of our family members as well. Every person in our large group had so many great things to say about this 1st class resort property. The staff were helpful and friendly and the hotel was spotless. Our rooms were nicely appointed and comfortable. Our entire group enjoyed the pools, golf and spa. The restaurants were so convenient and delicious. We are looking forward to staying here again and would highly recommend it for a family or couples vacation and most definitely for a special event

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle R
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Wow Michelle R…what can we say?

Thank you so much for those amazing words! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope you come back soon. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to assist you in the future.

Thank you!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Although I did not stay at the hotel, I visited the hotel daily for a recent APSCU conference. As the hotel is on its own large resort property, we had a rental and parked on-site. Self-parking is $16 and is convenient directly in front of the conference hall's main doors, which was nice. However, our rental car died during our first day there. I used one of the blue emergency phones to call to ask if they had a jump start service. They quickly said "no, we don't offer that", then hung up. We called AAA to give us a jump start, and thought they'd wave the self-parking fee for the truck as they front gate where you pay can see when cars/trucks enter and pay when they leave, but they made him pay as well (we payed for the truck). I'd think an organization such as the Rosen Shingle Creek would offer this type of service to people who visit their properties, especially with the size of their self-service parking lots. I am glad I stayed at a different chain resort for my stay, as they assured me back at the hotel I was staying at that they could jump-start my rental car if it didn't start in the morning. That is service. Rosen Shingle Creek should look to their peers for inspiration to improve themselves.

On positive notes - we also ate while at the conference. The flatbreads restaurant (i forget the name) had excellent nacho things. And the buffet breakfast downstairs from the main lobby was spectacular.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hi Orangeish-

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with the ‘blue phones’. They are there for your convenience and assistance but you definitely didn’t get the proper guest service you deserved.

I have our new Director of Security, Mr. Howard, looking into this situation and seeing what we can do in the future.

I am so sorry for the inconvenience. If you are in the Orlando area and are need to visit our property, please let me know.