“2nd times a charm!!”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #44 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 21, 2013

OK, so we visited this property for a conference 2/2007. I was not impressed with the property or staff. It is very evident from my previous review.

I am pleased to our 2nd time was a success. We were there for the Digital Dealer Conference. My husband was in meetings all day so I hung around the resort.

I was most impressed with the grounds of the property. From the pools, nature trail, golf courses, everything was top notch.

I was especially surprised with the nature trail. Kudos, to the owners and developers for leaving a lil slice of heaven in Orlando! I saw, herons, egrets, osprey, ducks, more waterfowl than I can name:) The biggest thrill was seeing river otters in their natural habitat.

The pool was clean and refreshing, no trouble finding a chair. The pool staff was attentive. The cafe at the pool has a nice selection. I had the wasabi shrimp, it was very good.

We did not eat at any of the restaurants because both nights, vendors from the conference provided us with food. We did have access to the VIP Concierge Lounge, which was great! Excellent breakfast selection, fresh fruit, pasteries, toast, oatmeal, not your average breakfast. We also enjoyed the desserts at the Concierge Lounge.

Im really glad I got a 2nd visit to this resort.

The resort is beautiful and now they have the customer service to match the resort.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Your reviews are always appreciated, cumberlandga!

Thanks again for updating on your second time here. We appreciate it so much.

I hope to hear from you in the future!

Thanks again,

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,211)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have just returned after staying at the Rosen Shingle Creek resort on universal Blvd Orlando. I was there on vacation for 13 nights . I have to say that the hotel on first impression when you drive up the entrance is stunning . The staff were very friendly and the facilities were what you expect from a 5 star resort.

The room was on the 13th floor which was not an issue for me and was located next to the Ibis presidential suit . The room was larger than others and the bathroom was extremely larger with a huge shower and hot tub. The beds were very comfortable and the room had a luxury feel with all the trimmings you would expect.

The pool staff were excellent and was great to have any food / beverages bough to us at the pool side. There was also a Haagen Dazs ice cream shop next to the pool along with a mini supermarket and deli. We also had the pleasure of meeting Mr Rosen at the lap pool on a number of occasions. At the time we were not aware as to who he was until i saw his photo on the hotel magazine but he was very friendly and spoke to us and was very down to earth for a man with such an impressive portfolio of hotels in Orlando.

I have to say that i would put this hotel on par with the Atlantis Hotel in Dubai and will most certainly be staying at the Rosen Shingle Creek resort on my next visit to Orlando.

Derek Connolly Ireland.

Room Tip: 13215 was my room and would recommend it if you are not superstitious .
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Derekc186609
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Very much appreciate the high compliments, Derekc186609!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope you come back real soon!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed at this property for a trade show/conference. It's a big place that was accommodating for a large group like this one.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, but I really didn't interact with them much. The rooms are large and really clean. There are refrigerators in the rooms but no mini bar, which I would have expected at this kind of resort. I don't golf but the views of the course were beautiful from my window.

During the trip I ate at the steak house on the golf course and it was really good. Service was excellent and the sunset was gorgeous from the terrace. Overall, it was a nice place, but didn't stand out enough that I'd come back with my family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi minnow1982!

I hope you give us the chance to wow the family if you choose to come back to Orlando.

Please keep my information on file and I would be more than happy to make your next experience even better!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel is let down by the treatment you receive if you do not park valet and pay the fee?

Ok so there is a $16 dollar charge to have the privilege to self park, which means parking some distance away and walking to and from in what can be very hot weather. The front car park approx 300 spaces are reserved for valet parking only, for an additional fee of $20 dollars. We never saw these more than one third used at any time. To me a holiday starts from when you arrive and to be made to feel you are 2nd class because you choose to park your car, by a rather curt valet does not bode well.
If you have a lot of luggage or a lone traveller, don't expect to park outside registration , get your luggage out and check in! be prepared to have to walk some considerable distance with you luggage. Heaven forbid the valet parking attendants outside the front area of the hotel will let you near to the front doors to unload and register or get help with your luggage. So if you are a fit abled body individual you are ok, alas if you suffer from joint issues or slight to moderate arthritis, good luck. Remind me again how many stars is this hotel!

4  Thank caddymack
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Hello caddymack-

Thank you for expressing your frustrations regarding our parking situations. We never want a guest to feel like 2nd class….everyone is 1st class when they stay with us. I do understand your frustrations though and I’m very sorry for this.

I wanted to let guests know that we do actually have a front area for guests to load/unload on the right hand side of the main entrance. There are multiple spots to park your car for a short period of time to prepare for arrival before you park.

The parking lot is definitely a large one. Normally a security officer is patrolling and can assist with giving you a ride but also please know you can always walk through the connecting convention center to stay cool on our hot Florida days.

Again, if you have any questions or if I can ever be of assistance to our guests, please let me know.

I hope you come back. If you choose to, please let me know.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one week in May. It is such a wonderful hotel. We enjoyed every second of our stay. Check in was fast and efficient, our room had the WOW factor, we had a king room which had the most fantastic views across the golf course and of Orlando city centre. Room service was brilliant. The walk to the room was quite far away but this never bothered us once.

The car parking is fine, we always got a space even though the hotel was full. The pools were beautiful, we loved how quiet the lap pool was. We ate breakfast in the market cafe once and it was amazing, it was the best breakfast wrap i have ever had.

Overall the holiday was fantastic and i was so sad to leave, also i would like to say a massive thank you to Troy, who made our stay extra special, thank you for everything :)

I would highly recommend staying here, its in a perfect location and if im lucky enough to visit Orlando again, i will certainly be staying here again.

Room Tip: An end king room has 3 windows in the room and gives such an airy feel and amazing views too. We got...
1  Thank pinkcandy

No, pinkcandy….THANK YOU!

Thanks for reaching out to me before you arrived. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope you come back and visit us again real soon!!!!

Thank you again. I wish you continuous safe travels.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We used a third party to book a hotel and got a really good deal for a hotel that at that time I dd not know much about.
I started asking around and one of my friends had previously stayed at his hotel and raved about it.

We were celebrating our anniversary and mother's day and we were offered a room upgrade with an incredible view of the golf course. (also had a view of sunrise and fireworks at night).

The Staff was very friendly and the Resort was beutiful. A first class stay all the way.
My daughter specialy loved the pools (of which they have 4 plus two hot tubs). The Resort is huge with multiple restaurants, a couple of stores including a market.

Didnt get a chance to use the workout facilities to busy having fun :)

We booked the mothers day brunch and really enjoyed the amazing spread specially the desserts WOW!

I also wanted to thank Troy Shoemaker he takes the time to respond to these reviews (good or bad) and was incredebly attentive to my questions. He help make our stay even more memorable.

Not going to take the chance with a third party (mystery) hotel in the future. Im booking directly with The Rosen Shingle Creek from now on. Cant wait to come back.

Room Tip: valey parking is only $4/day than self parking worth it to save on the walk especially with the summ...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Oh man rob757…you are the best.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I love my job and assisting guests with their questions and requests.

I hope you continue to keep my information and reach out if you ever need anything.

Thanks for staying with us. See you again soon I hope!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Was upgraded to a suite with a view of the golf course, truly outstanding. Staff were very friendly & helpful. Pools were well maintained and plenty of sun loungers for such a large hotel. The only small gripe is the car park....long walk in the heat. No idea why they need to cone off such a large part for the valet parking as it was 90% empty. Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank BarneyFlash

Aren’t the suites breathtaking, BarneyFlash?

I am so happy to read that you enjoyed yourself.

Please visit us again soon. Please?

Thanks again,