“Good conference hotel”

Ranked #32 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Indianapolis, IN
“Good conference hotel”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed at this property for a trade show/conference. It's a big place that was accommodating for a large group like this one.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, but I really didn't interact with them much. The rooms are large and really clean. There are refrigerators in the rooms but no mini bar, which I would have expected at this kind of resort. I don't golf but the views of the course were beautiful from my window.

During the trip I ate at the steak house on the golf course and it was really good. Service was excellent and the sunset was gorgeous from the terrace. Overall, it was a nice place, but didn't stand out enough that I'd come back with my family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hi minnow1982!

I hope you give us the chance to wow the family if you choose to come back to Orlando.

Please keep my information on file and I would be more than happy to make your next experience even better!

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (972)
Preston
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel is let down by the treatment you receive if you do not park valet and pay the fee?

Ok so there is a $16 dollar charge to have the privilege to self park, which means parking some distance away and walking to and from in what can be very hot weather. The front car park approx 300 spaces are reserved for valet parking only, for an additional fee of $20 dollars. We never saw these more than one third used at any time. To me a holiday starts from when you arrive and to be made to feel you are 2nd class because you choose to park your car, by a rather curt valet does not bode well.
If you have a lot of luggage or a lone traveller, don't expect to park outside registration , get your luggage out and check in! be prepared to have to walk some considerable distance with you luggage. Heaven forbid the valet parking attendants outside the front area of the hotel will let you near to the front doors to unload and register or get help with your luggage. So if you are a fit abled body individual you are ok, alas if you suffer from joint issues or slight to moderate arthritis, good luck. Remind me again how many stars is this hotel!

4 Thank caddymack
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Hello caddymack-

Thank you for expressing your frustrations regarding our parking situations. We never want a guest to feel like 2nd class….everyone is 1st class when they stay with us. I do understand your frustrations though and I’m very sorry for this.

I wanted to let guests know that we do actually have a front area for guests to load/unload on the right hand side of the main entrance. There are multiple spots to park your car for a short period of time to prepare for arrival before you park.

The parking lot is definitely a large one. Normally a security officer is patrolling and can assist with giving you a ride but also please know you can always walk through the connecting convention center to stay cool on our hot Florida days.

Again, if you have any questions or if I can ever be of assistance to our guests, please let me know.

I hope you come back. If you choose to, please let me know.

England
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one week in May. It is such a wonderful hotel. We enjoyed every second of our stay. Check in was fast and efficient, our room had the WOW factor, we had a king room which had the most fantastic views across the golf course and of Orlando city centre. Room service was brilliant. The walk to the room was quite far away but this never bothered us once.

The car parking is fine, we always got a space even though the hotel was full. The pools were beautiful, we loved how quiet the lap pool was. We ate breakfast in the market cafe once and it was amazing, it was the best breakfast wrap i have ever had.

Overall the holiday was fantastic and i was so sad to leave, also i would like to say a massive thank you to Troy, who made our stay extra special, thank you for everything :)

I would highly recommend staying here, its in a perfect location and if im lucky enough to visit Orlando again, i will certainly be staying here again.

Room Tip: An end king room has 3 windows in the room and gives such an airy feel and amazing views too. We got...
1 Thank pinkcandy
No, pinkcandy….THANK YOU!

Thanks for reaching out to me before you arrived. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope you come back and visit us again real soon!!!!

Thank you again. I wish you continuous safe travels.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We used a third party to book a hotel and got a really good deal for a hotel that at that time I dd not know much about.
I started asking around and one of my friends had previously stayed at his hotel and raved about it.

We were celebrating our anniversary and mother's day and we were offered a room upgrade with an incredible view of the golf course. (also had a view of sunrise and fireworks at night).

The Staff was very friendly and the Resort was beutiful. A first class stay all the way.
My daughter specialy loved the pools (of which they have 4 plus two hot tubs). The Resort is huge with multiple restaurants, a couple of stores including a market.

Didnt get a chance to use the workout facilities to busy having fun :)

We booked the mothers day brunch and really enjoyed the amazing spread specially the desserts WOW!

I also wanted to thank Troy Shoemaker he takes the time to respond to these reviews (good or bad) and was incredebly attentive to my questions. He help make our stay even more memorable.

Not going to take the chance with a third party (mystery) hotel in the future. Im booking directly with The Rosen Shingle Creek from now on. Cant wait to come back.

Room Tip: valey parking is only $4/day than self parking worth it to save on the walk especially with the summ...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Oh man rob757…you are the best.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I love my job and assisting guests with their questions and requests.

I hope you continue to keep my information and reach out if you ever need anything.

Thanks for staying with us. See you again soon I hope!

Scotland
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Was upgraded to a suite with a view of the golf course, truly outstanding. Staff were very friendly & helpful. Pools were well maintained and plenty of sun loungers for such a large hotel. The only small gripe is the car park....long walk in the heat. No idea why they need to cone off such a large part for the valet parking as it was 90% empty. Would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank BarneyFlash
Aren’t the suites breathtaking, BarneyFlash?

I am so happy to read that you enjoyed yourself.

Please visit us again soon. Please?

Thanks again,

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have been staying at the Rosen Shingle Creek for the past 4 years for 1-2 nights for our Anniversary. We are live in East Orlando and this is the PERFECT getaway for us. When we got an email with their Mother's Day weekend special it was hard to say No. My husband even upgraded to a suite for 50.00 and it was WELL WORTH IT! It included free parking, free internet, and 25% off all their restaurants. They offer Florida Resident Discounts on a regular basis. Yes it is expensive to self park/valet, and yes it is quite a trek from the parking lot to your room, but that's what happens when you stay at a convention center hotel. The food is excellent, our favorite is A Land Remembered. The Market had a delicious breakfast as well. If you are on a budget like are, there is a Publix grocery store right across the street to stock up on drinks and snacks. There are 3 pools. A lap pool, adult pool, and family pool with a small splash area for the kids. All areas were clean and never a problem to find a chair. In fact my daughter cried when it was time to get out of the pool so we could check out! The staff was excellent and friendly. We have used the spa in past visits and it is top Notch! I am hoping they have a Labor Day special so we can celebrate my daughter's 5th birthday. Thank you Shingle Creek for having such a beautiful resort that even us locals can getaway to without feeling we are in the middle of tourists!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We have no words for how nice your review was, kristen b!

Thank you so much for that review.

4 years….hope you come back for the 5th as well! If so, let me know.

Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed at Shingle Creek because of business meetings at the ballrooms beside the hotel. We loved everything about the hotel. The room was big and comfortable. The pool area is huge with 3 separate larger than Olympic size pools and 2 hot tubs. You will find chaise lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas surrounding each pool. At the entrance to the pool area there is a cooler of ice water and cups so you can help yourself. There is a bar right outside the fence around the pools. On the main floor is another large bar area and a couple restaurants. I didn't eat at the Mexican restaurant but the smells coming from it were hard to resist. There are 2 clothing stores in this area also. I would highly recommend this resort!! By the way, there is a Publix grocery store right across the street.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
You think the smells are hard to resist, Nancy N….try working here!

We smell that delicious food every day. It is so good.

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate the kind words. Hope you come back again soon.