“Great stay”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #46 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a great hotel and feels very luxurious inside. The pool area is really nice with different pools, and there is a nice terrace to sit on too. The deli/cafe is excellent like a small supermarket if slightly pricey. The rooms again feel quite luxurious and are the typical Rosen standard which is very comfortable. The only downside I would say is it feels a bit out the way location wise, although the grounds are lovely and there is a Publix at the end of the (long) driveway!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Allurehomme, thank you!

Thank you for the kind words. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon.

Have a great day!!

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,262)

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is always a great trip! The hotel and grounds are now probably my favorite in Orlando. Let me give you a few tips to help your stay. Ask for a corner room or extended room. They are quite large and the same price as a standard. They are almost like a suite but have a low cost. If you have kids, this is a must. Osceola cafe down stairs is pretty awesome. Two ways to do the dinner Buffett. This time I did the soup and salad bar. It has so many different types of things in it you will be stuffed. Unlimited shrimp as well! It is considerably less expensive than the full Buffett but it is really outstanding. The breakfast Buffett is a little pricey however the food is off the charts. I don't know how they pulled off authentic biscuits and gravy like South Georgia but they have!

Hope this helps and enjoy the stay!

Room Tip: Corner rooms or extended rooms are the best
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

If I could, I would eat the breakfast buffet every day, 6digityachtclub!

It is so good…

I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you come back again soon. I would love to hear from you if you decide that Orlando is a destination in the future.

Thanks for staying.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Incredible property and a nice room offering beautiful restaurants and facilities. Only real or main issue is for a place that offers so many facilities - offerings there does not seem to be anyone or anything around to encourage you to use it or participate.

The two negative moments was that they did not have my reso and being on a date was a little annoying but luckily I had the a receipt on my phone. The 2nd was that I could not find a room on there while trying to book on hotels.com or expedia.com but found it on cheapofare.com and so I booked it and the male at the front desk literally snickered and made jokes the booking site was for trailer trash which again, being on a date I did not appreciate and if it was not for the fact that she only walked to a chair in the lobby and was in hearing and seeing range I would have knocked him out like trailer trash.

When he saw that I was pissed from his comment and I asked him with great annoyance if there was an issue he tried to back track his comments and then walked away. The girl from Colombia that was doing the check was really great though. Polite, kind, beautiful, friendly and very helpful.

That was the only bad thing and to be honest I forgot about it completely until writing this review.

Again the property is incredible so don't let the sexually transmitted disease hotel name fool you. It is a beautiful place and I suggest you check in on time and stay until the last moment to take in the beautiful property. You will have to walk it on your own and look for someone for assistance on ANYTHING but its such a beautiful property that unless you are disabled or fat and lazy you will not mind the walk.

Room Tip: higher the better... at least 8th floor, beautiful views of golf course, pool area and close Orlando...

Hi Blue M-

I’m shocked by your review….honestly. I have no idea why an agent would have said something like that you upon check-in. We do TONS of business with third party accounts (expedia, Travelocity, hotels.com, etc.) and are very happy to do so.

I apologize on behalf of that agent. As I mentioned to you privately, I would love the opportunity to talk to you more.

Please let me know. Thank you for letting us know how your stay went overall.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights, very nice rooms & pool area. Buffet breakfast al fresco was very good. Would have gave it 4 stars but the valet parking let it down :( we used the valet parking which we thought was operated by the hotel but is actually operated by a third party, on our lastnight our sat nav was missing from our hire car, a bit of a let down as you almost need a sat nav to get around Orlando

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Good Morning angg-

Please tell me that you spoke with a manager regarding your navigation. Although our valet department is run through a third party, we never want a guest to feel let down about something like this.

I would love to hear more from you regarding this. Time, location, people, etc. Can you please let me know so I can get with Christian Garcia, Valet Manager and we can work on fixing this?

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went down for a conference and very much enjoyed our stay. This is a very large and grand hotel near Walt Disney World and Universal Studios. Restaurants were fantastic, golf course was gorgeous, pool was luxurious, and had a wonderful time! They charge $16 for parking and it is a very far walk to get to the hotel, but it was fun to explore the hotel. The location is not within walking distance from anything, but is a short drive from International Drive and all the parks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Awe, thanks Kbell724!

You have no idea how much your kind words mean to us. Thank you for updating everyone on your most recent stay.

We surely hope you come back soon and stay with us.

If there is ever anything I can do to assist, please feel free.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stopped over in Celebration for a day and wanted an inexpensive place to stay for one night. . I made a reservation through a discount web site at a Clarion Inn in Lake Buena Vista. When we got to that hotel they did not have our room. Nevertheless, they had made a reservation at another property owned by the same company: a five-star hotel, the Rosen Shingle Creek. They gave us a letter guaranteeing free self parking and also some discount coupons for the hotel restaurants. When we finally arrived at Shingle Creek, we were stunned. This place is palatial, huge, awesome. We have stayed at resorts in Disney World, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, San Diego, Phoenix, Doral, West Virginia (The Greenbriar), Banff (Banff Springs), and others and this place measures up to any of them. When we asked for a room with a view, almost jokingly, they upgraded us into a "petite suite"--a huge corner room with windows looking toward the pool and, on another wall, a big window overlooking their beautiful golf course. There were very very few people staying in the hotel that night. It was like having it all to ourselves. One of their restaurants (Cafe Osceola) was excellent and, with our discount, inexpensive. We were the only people eating there. We walked around. The convention and meeting facilities in this hotel are impressive, including a ballroom large enough to to handle a giant convention; this is quite obviously a business-oriented hotel. The person who suggests you ask whether or not any conventions are scheduled when you want to stay there is probably giving good advice. We found nothing . . . nothing at all . . . to complain about. Everything was clean and updated and stylish. The staff was extremely attentive and helpful. And when I looked up the rates on line I was stunned at how reasonable their prices are. Apparently, this close to Disney World and kind of off on their own, this hotel has to fight against some tough competition. That means you can score a great room in a great hotel at a good price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Although Clarion Inn is one of our properties, djess55555, we are excited to have you experience Shingle Creek.

Thank you so much for staying with us and updating us on your stay.

The PETIT suites are beautiful, huh?

Thanks again for staying….we hope you come back soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I returned to this superb hotel with my daughters and parents for one night before flying back to Manchester.We had been so delighted with all that the hotel had to offer when we stayed a month before at the beginning of our vacation that we cut short our stay in South West Florida and returned.
We were given a beautiful room on the top floor with extras.The view over the Golf Course was great.the pools are super for all ages but not only are the facilities magnificent but the staff are so friendly helpful and extremely courteous.we will certainly return.Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joanna C

We love our job and we love our guests, Joanna C!

Thanks so much for staying with us even if it was quickly.

We hope you come back soon and if you do, please let me know!

Thanks again,