“Loved this resort. Would love to do an extended stay next time.”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #32 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Loved this resort. Would love to do an extended stay next time.”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My family and I stayed here briefly while doing a one day stop in Disney World on our way home from south Florida right after Christmas. From the moment we approached the property from the road we were impressed. The resort is elegant and beautiful both inside and out. Our family of 4 shared a spacious 2 queen room. The bath area was just as spacious. We also appreciated the many available dining options. For breakfast we were able to pick up something to go in the lower level market. For dinner we relaxed in the comfortable lounge enjoying a bottle of wine with our meals. There were several other options from pizza to a buffet. Though we did not have time to enjoy them (plus it was unusually chilly during our stay), the outside amenities including the pool area looked very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We couldn’t have said it better, househunters!

Your kind words are very much appreciated. Thanks for sharing with everyone your notes on the last experience with us.

Let me know when you are ready to book that extended stay! 

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband, daughter, in-laws, and I stayed here for four nights. We had adjoining rooms that were quite spacious and very well appointed. The hotel was quite full when we stayed there, but you could not tell. There is lots of space to accommodate all its guests. The rooms and hallways are also very quiet. We ate at three of the resorts restaurants and all of them were great!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. I believe they are a bit larger. They certainly have more windows than a st...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hi EnglewoodCO!

A great review! THANKS!

The corner king rooms are a bit bigger as you described but are sometimes a bit further from the elevators… I’m glad to see you enjoyed the rooms.

Please visit us again soon. Thanks for staying.

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel is a very comfortable place to stay. The front desk staff were excellent. The bell boys were not very responsive ( I guess they had too much to do). I stayed there during a conference, and my overall experience was excellent. Rooms were clean and comfortable. You cannot ask for more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Awe, thanks tango502!

We appreciate the kind words. Please visit us again soon.

Thanks for choosing Rosen Shingle Creek!

Michigan
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had the opportunity to attend a conference held at Rosen Shingle Creek and stayed on property. I will say I am puzzled by some of the negative reviews about staff... I found the staff to be one of the best things about the hotel!

The conference facility and service is top notch. I haven't been anywhere else that tops this. The luncheons supplied for the conference were wonderful... great food, well organized and they served 1200 people in about 40 minutes.

This is a huge hotel. My room was beautiful and comfortable. Security seems to be good too... the first time I opened my door it did not shut completely. within 20 minutes security knocked on the door, identified themselves and informed me that anytime a door is ajar they investigate. Made me feel safe. There are in room safes also. I had no problem with getting wifi in my room on the 8th floor.

Some have mentioned parking... I self parked and was pleased to find out that the fee was waived for the conference I attended. You will be walking aways if you self park. The usual fee is $14.00 a day. I think if I was paying that I might just splurge and pay the couple extra dollars for valet.

Bad things? Well, be prepared to pay for conveinence here. Food is expensive, though there is a good variety of types and places. $3.00 for a cup of coffee is a little much. Having said that, I thought the conference room rate was a good deal... not so sure the published rates would make this a place I would stay for a vacation. You could do Disneyonsite for the same price.

Overall a very solid hotel, especially for conference use.

Hello my fellow Michigander, MichiganPastor-

Thank you very much for the 4 star review. We appreciate it.

We think our staff is pretty amazing and appreciate your thoughts on this too.

Thanks for updating everyone. We hope you do come back in the future.

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Ashbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights for a Convention, and it suited that purpose for us. The room was very nice and had all the facilities you would expect. The service overall was good and the marketplace was useful. The takeaway bit at the back of the market place ran out of some basic food for our party one night and the staff weren't very helpful at that time. We liked the hot tubs! We didn't like the caged birds in the foyer, they looked cold, had no natural light and may have been affected by the noise at night. Tip: if you need to make a phone call, buy an International Super Card from the shop, don't use the phone in the room!

Hello David T-

Thank you very much for your review of the property. We apologize for the staff the one night you talked about. I’m not sure what happened but would love to hear more from you regarding the situation.

I hope you think of Rosen Shingle Creek in the future if your travel needs bring you back to the Orlando area.

Thanks for staying with us.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I just returned home from a three-day conference at the Rosen Shingle Creek. I have attended many conferences and have never had a better experience with a hotel and its staff and the facilities. The staff were very well trained to serve customers and make everyone feel welcome and special. The meeting rooms were excellent. The meeting logistics were taken care of smoothly. All restaurant and conference meals were excellent. The hotel room was spacious and clean. There was a variety of restaurants, shops, and outdoor facilities to enjoy between meetings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hello OhioDriver-

Your review is outstanding…thank you so much for the kind words.

We hope you come back soon and visit us. Maybe you can have more time to relax instead of working.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed at the Rosen Shingle Creek from Jan 27 to Jan 30th on a business convention. Very very impressive hotel. One of the smoothest and most organized hotels I have ever been at. The hotel made every effort to make sure everyone and everything was perfectly run. The location was central for any "non-tourist" activities. I don't think I would stay there if I was with my family ( not enough activity in the hotel ) But I would not hesitate to book my next business trip there.

Room Tip: The hotel is very long, so try to book a room near and elevator, or youll be walking a long long way...
Hello KavehN-

Thank you very much for your review of the property. Your kind words are very rewarding to hear.

We hope you come back and visit us again soon.

Safe travels!