Rosen Shingle Creek
Sheraton.com
$172
$157
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$140
$122
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$197
HolidayInn.com
$314
$255
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
Travelocity
$702
$458
Orbitz.com
4,386 results
All reviewsself parkingland rememberedcafe osceolatroy shoemakercala bellathe mexican restaurantfamily poolbeautiful golf coursebeautiful hotelconference hotelhuge hoteltennis courtsper daypublix supermarketfitness centerattending a conferenceinternational drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were more or less happy with our stay at rosen shingle creek. We booked a king room via priceline. The lady at the friend desk, kara was very nice she upgraded us to a hospitality suite. It was unfreaking believable. It was probably about 1200 sq feet. For 56 bucks a night i couldn't think of a better stay. i would definitely like to stay there again. The only bad about the hotel is if you don't have a car it's very hard to get around. they say they have shuttle to sea world.... we waited for the shuttle of 2 hours with a hungry 13 month old... i was very disappointed. another thing is parking is 16 bucks for self parking and 20 for valet... i thought it was a bit pricey but i guess it's probably all the hotel in the neighborhood. they charge 3 dollar for room service.... when we asked for a cork screw they said they were gonna charge 3 dollar or we can go down to the cafe and open the bottle there.... we ended up doing that... i like the fact that they were very upfront about the charges. over all it was a great stay.... loved the winter wonderland....

Room Tip: if you are traveling with a baby ask for their room with kitchenette. if they have availability they will probably try to accommodate you.....no harm trying
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank muniyamon
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

The baby picture is so cute, muniyamon!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your kind words.

I’m sorry to hear about the shuttle situation. I am not sure what happened there but will look into it.

Please come back and visit us again soon. Let me know if you are able to stay and I would be more than happy to assist in booking for you.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I planned to stay only one night while visiting friends in the area. Due to a medical situation, I had to cancel my room four days prior to my stay and had to pay over $200.00 for the room. A five-day cancellation policy is unreasonable for a room involving one person for one night but would be reasonable for large groups. Make sure you read the terms and conditions carefully!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank marisa m

Hi marisa m-

Thank you for your review. I apologize for any inconvenience that our cancellation policy caused you. We do have a standard 5 day cancellation policy for our hotel unless contracted differently with groups staying with us.

It seems like you did stay with us then? If you want to talk to me about it, please feel free to reach out to me and we can discuss it.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was in Orlando last week for a Board Meeting and was honored to be staying there. Fist of all... In a word, WOW!!!!! This hotel is a beast. I checked in on a Thursday afternoon and the process was easy. The room I was in was a king room in the tower on the 14th floor (concierge floor). The views were amazing to say the least. I had a room looking over the front of the property and I could see the golf course very easily. I woke up Friday and Saturday AM and enjoyed the Hotel Gym on the lower level which is connected to their spa. When I am on the road, I look for Treadmills and they had PLENTY. I was there for a meeting so I spent my days in a board room and our lunches were done on site in the main buffet restaurant on the lower level. GREAT FOOD and wonderful service. We also had dinner one night in the fine dining spot called A LAND REMEMBERED. What a very special place. We also met Mr. Rosen prior to dinner. He told us the story of the Tusked animal (pig) in the entry way as well as why he named his restaurant after the book. All in All, I was very pleased with the hotel, it's amenities and the friendliness of the staff. I will be back in May, 2013 for our Annual Convention. Can't Wait!

Room Tip: Tower rooms have their own elevator from 10-14 so you can avoid having to fight for an elevator with the standard rooms. The hotel is also 90% doubles, so if you want a king, make sure to verify if you got a king.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

To kind, HotelDude!

Thank you very much for your kind words especially about A Land Remembered (my favorite restaurant).

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time here. We hope you come back again soon.

Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to assist you in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Traveled to the Rosen Shingle Creek in early January 2013 with my mom and 20-year-old sister for some R&R... We did not do any theme parks. We arrived at MCO and it was a $40 cab ride (incl. tip) to Shingle Creek. Check-in was quick and they made sure to give us 2 beds rather than 1, but did not charge for a 3rd person... which was nice.

The grounds themselves, as stated before are beautiful, and spread out. We had a room very close to the elevator, and though occasionally loud this was nice because of the convenience. During part of our trip there was a cheerleading competition at the hotel, so LOTS of very loud young girls everywhere, which became annoying... But obviously not the hotels fault.

The rooms are nicely sized with large bathrooms, free wi-fi, flat screen tv, iPod doc and mini-fridge. There is a walkable Publix across the street to purchase snacks, cereal etc. and I highly recommend this as their 24/7 market is quite pricey and the food is just OK. After eating there the first day I got really sick and spent the night throwing up. Admittedly, I don't know if I had food poisoning or the flu, but I didn't risk going back to the market for food. We also ate at Cafe Osceola, which was yummy, but again a bit pricey for what it was. There is a coffee shop serving Starbucks inside the hotel, which we took advantage of each day. The hotel also offers multiple other restaurants, including a sushi restaurant, and this is now because the hotel is secluded and NOTHING is walkable except the Publix.

We got a great deal on the room, as it was a travelocity secret hotel deal for $62/night making this hotel a total steal!! But everything beyond the room rate was overpriced for the quality. Pool drinks were $11.... So we bought alcohol at Publix and brought our own down.

For the price, I would ABSOLUTELY stay here again! Pools (3 pools, 2 hot tubs and a kiddie pool) are beautiful with plenty of chairs and a DJ on the pool deck on weekends. Exactly what we wanted was to lay out and soak up the sun. All staff members were nice and overall it was a good trip!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank coopmke
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

I am so sorry for the delay in response, coopmke!

I’m also sorry to hear you got sick. I hope you are feeling better.

Will you be visiting us again? If so, please let me know.

Hope you have a great day. Thanks for letting us know how your stay went.

Thanks,

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Booked with Priceline and stayed here a few days ago. This was our first time traveling to Florida aside from Jacksonville, (which could not be easier to get to from Fort Stewart) and the hotel was very easy to find, which was nice. Perfect location, too, with it being just about ten minutes from both Disney and Universal.
We heard about how big it was from other reviews, but were still blown away. The hotel is huge and the grounds are as well. First impression once inside was that the hotel was spotless. The gentleman that checked us in was professional and very patient and helpful with our many questions. The only other staff that we talked to was housekeeping, and they were sweet as well and always so cheerful. The rooms are pretty big, just a bit bigger than the average hotel room. I like that there was a mini fridge, but we didn't use ours because the stench was horrid when we opened it. Not a big deal for us,though. Our room had a king bed, and I heard mixed reviews about the comfort. I slept like a baby and found the bed to be very comfortable and I liked the linen just fine. Since we spent our days at Universal and Disney (TIP: they offer free shuttle service to Universal!! Which we had no idea), we unfortunately didn't do much exploring around the hotel but a few quick detours on the way to the car. From what we saw, the grounds are beautiful. We saw the volleyball and tennis courts, and the fishing dock which had beautiful scenery. The pool looked nice as well.
Overall, we had a nice and quiet stay here. Staff was always smiling and room was always spotless. The holiday decor was also a nice touch. If I could get another great deal, we would certainly consider staying here again because it was such a comfortable stay. Oh, and the walk to the rooms is NOT bad at all. It was actually quite relaxing, and sometimes well needed after a long day at the parks.The only thing that sucked was the parking fee, and they do charge you upfront for that. $16/day is a bit much, but again can't really complain I guess because of the great deal on the rooms we had. I was more upset Priceline didn't mention that, but my fault for not looking into it more. Anyway, if you want luxurious rooms at an affordable price, and don't mind the parking fee, Rosen Shingle Creek will not disappoint you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jenniloveee
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Super sweet review, Jenniloveee!

Thank you very much for the amazing review of our property. It means so much to us when we hear back from our guests.

Thanks again for letting us know how your stay went. We hope you come back soon. Let me know!