We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights whilst attending a conference being held there. Nothing prepares you for the scale of the place as you enter the long drive from the main road, which gives the impression of luxury and exclusivity, but the price for this of course is isolation if you do not have a car.
The hotel is beautifully done out , a little dark and cool for my taste, (what is it with chiller cold air conditioning?) as hurricaine Sandy had done her best to cool normally steamy Florida down to too chilly to go in the pool levels already. The reception I found a little chilly also, efficient but not friendly, someone really ought to train some of these beautiful young ladies to smile as it really is more of an asset to a hotel than immaculate nails, hair and makeup.
Hotel is undoubtably very well equiped with stores , coffee and ice cream outlets and restaurants It was by far the best we have stayed in for catering to everyones dining needs. It had high end restaurants, cafe style bistro's all the way down to a cheap and cheerful marketplace takeaway style counter in the small but well stocked supermarket , where you could buy hot food and eat it on the patio just outside, or take to your room as an alternative to expensive room service. It has to be said though that it needs all this as I previously mentioned it is difficult to go anywhere else unless you drive.
Breakfast service was Incredibly slow, lines formed waiting to be seated , even though there were tables available and too many staff duplicating roles really. I feel they should have a seperate section for buffet and al la carte breakfast and this would recify the problem.
If you have problems with walking ask for a room near the elevator and check when you arrive that it has been done. We made this request months in advance, but still had a long walk to our room, so I think it was more or less ignored and at 175 dollars a night they could at least try, as we got sick of hearing about the cheap deals others got on line for this hotel whilst we paid top price and recieved less, so shop around.
Overall I really liked the hotel with its little Java sparrows singing in the hallway, and lovely pools and gounds, it felt luxurious to return to at the end of the day and the room confort was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An unspoiled natural setting. A hotel that surprises and delights. Designed to please in every way, Rosen Shingle Creek delivers exceptional luxury. From 1,501 elegant guestrooms and suites, to 15 tantalizing restaurants and lounges, to our 18-hole par 72 championship course, Rosen Shingle Creek is, in countless ways, Orlando's most inspiring AAA Four Diamond hotel. Add in RFID locks, no resort fee, free Wi-Fi, close proximity to International Drive and world-famous attractions for an unmatched Orlando experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosen Shingle Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel Orlando
- Rosen Shingle Creek Orlando
- Shingle Creek Resort
- Rosen Shingle Creek Resort