“You'll love staying at the Rosen Shingle Creek”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #32 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Ft. Lauderdale
“You'll love staying at the Rosen Shingle Creek”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Wonderful hotel with lots of amenities and a terrific staff. Very comfortable, beautifully decorated rooms. Large, relaxing pool with plush pool towels always readily available. The grounds are lovely. Many dining and bar options for all ages. Convenient location to the Univeral and Islands of Adventure Theme Parks. Perfect place for couples, families, or groups. Looking forward to our return.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Hi MSNM~

Thank you so much for the review. I'm sorry that I'm just now getting back to you, but I actually filled out a response back in November and it didn't save. I'm sorry...just know that I didn't forget about you.

Thanks for staying with us. LOVE THE PICTURES!!!

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future!

Fax: 407-996-3150

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My husband and I selected Rosen Shingle Creek Resort from the reviews on Trip Advisor. It was one of the recommended travel packages offered by Sea World - 3 nights for the price of 2; tix to both Sea World and Busch Gardens including the meal plans for one day from each park. We were unprepared for the sheer size of this place. Self-park is in front of the convention halls and you walk and walk to get to the hotel itself. Not too bad as we both only had one rolling bag. The rooms are large, nicely decorated and comfortable. We arrived at the tail end of the very large convention of teenagers and had a room as far away from the parking lot as possible (really the only downside). After the first night although there were several conventions it was quiet. We enjoyed the hot tub each night after a full day of walking in the parks. There are several restaurants but be only really used the to go market. There are also several large pools and a golf course. The pool area and the golf course and grounds appeared to be well maintained.

My husband and I do not

Room Tip: Ask for rooms close to the elevator for easy access to restaurants, pools and other facilities.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Hi cbannon00!

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback.

We hope to have you come back and visit real soon!

Happy Holidays,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The property was incredible with a golf course, pools, tennis and volleyball courts, and many restaurants and other amenities. Quite a nice place to relax and close to Universal Studios. One downside was when I walked into my room it smelled strongly of paint thinner. The smell did not go away. Since I was here for a conference I didn't bother asking the hotel staff to change rooms, though they may have done that for me.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Most definitely we would have moved you 3CatsFromBoston!

Whenever you or any guest has an issue with their room, we beg that you come to the hotel manager to make it right. We want our guests to enjoy their stay and with the smell of paint thinner, you probably didn't enjoy your stay as much as you normally would.

One of the things we pride ourselves on is keeping the property looking like new. We are frequently updating, fixing, and doing other preventative maintenance to ensure that the property is up to standards. I'm so sorry you had a room that must have been recently repainted.

Besides that, it does seem like you enjoyed your stay and I'm happy to hear that. Please always reach out to a hotel manager or myself in the future. We will ensure your stay is perfect.

Belmont, North Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Was at the hotel for a conference. While it is a beautiful place, you can imagine the surprise I felt when during the night my foot discovered that someone else's pajama pants were left inside my sheets. Obviously this bed had not been changed prior to my checking in. Even greater surprise was the lack of concern or action on the part of hotel management. Housekeeping came and changed the bed and apologized but no follow up after that. Manager never returned phone call while there. I telephoned the manager after returning home and was only offered "their best price" for a future visit.

Room Tip: ask to be near elevators to avoid long walks.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
10 Thank KimS1033
I am SO sorry to hear about your stay KimS1033!

There isn't an excuse for this. PLEASE reach out to me by phone or email. I would love the opportunity to make this right.

Somers Point, New Jersey
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was so excited to get a great price at such a beautiful hotel. I arrived to see busloads of teenagers checking in, which did not make my day. I was asked if i would like a room on the second floor (lobby level) which i declined due to the crowd already forming. I was given a room on the 8th floor, and although there were some kids there, they were quiet by 10pm. One of the first things i saw was a wedding taking place, which was beautiful. Since I did have a rental car, I drove to Publix right near by and brought back some goodies. Parking was very crowded but the walk was not bad. Most everything was exceptional...pool, little food store, cleanliness, and friendly workers. My only comment has to do with the "quiet pool". The servers there walked by me several times never asking if I would like anything. Finally I approached them to place an order (both days). They were very nice but seemed to rather chat at the bar with each other, which I don't understand especially if you want to make money! The "kids" that were there took lunch break at the pool and were far from quiet, maybe they should be aware to use the "family area". All in all, its beautiful, comfortable, the food delicious, and I will definitely return again.

Room Tip: My room faced the front of the property which had a nice view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Hi missjj17.

When I started reading this, I saw that you walked up to a bus load of teenagers and I started to cringe. I was nervous to read more but I was relieved to hear that this group was great and was quiet by 10. We normally have great groups of kids on property and were happy to hear that this group was no exception.

I have forward your review to our Food and Beverage Manager, Brooke Weitz, to ensure she talks to her team at Cattails Pool Bar and we do not run into a review like this in the future. My sincere apologies that you had to ask for service. We will make sure that this is something that doesn't happen in the future.

As I mention to everyone, please let me know if there is anything else I can be of assistance with. We greatly appreciate our guests and would love to have you back!

Thank you for staying with us!

Ocean City, New Jersey
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This truly is a beautiful hotel, inside and out. The room was a good size, well appointed, nice bathroom. The staff are exceptionally friendly and pleasant. Location is close to Orlando's attractions. There are a variety of restaurants, which are pricey, but this is a resort. The cons for me about this hotel, are that it is too big, walk from my "wing" to an elevator was a long walk. Everything was a distance away. Since there is a big conference center next to the hotel, it doesn't feel like a family resort. With many people dressed in professional attire in the hotel, it was a little uncomfortable walking around in a bathing suit. They charge for use of the internet $12.95 a day, which seems strange, but the worst part is that you are constantly kicked off. Drinks at the bar were expensive, weak,and they add an automatic 18% gratuity to all food and drinks. Cabs are not readily available, they have their own fleet of SUVs to use, which are more expensive. With a golf course on the property, and all the conference rooms, this hotel feels more like a place I would like to stay while on business, but not on a family vacation.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the elevator, unless you want to walk alot. Rooms in front of the hotel can wat...
Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank vunursedi
Hi vunursedi!

So many people request a view of the pool area and golf they forget about the magnificent view of the fireworks at night that are put on by SeaWord nightly. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I'm sorry that you didn't feel comfortable with walking around in your bathing suit. I'm sure the people in their suits were very jealous that they were in suits and not enjoying the amenities of the property like you. Due to the convention space we have on property, we do attract a large amount of corporate business but we definitely cater to our families as well. Our apologies if you were here during one of our conventions.

I hope that you try to stay with us again. Let me know if you choose to and I'll ensure your room is near an elevator. The walk can be long especially if you are near one of the end wings.

Thanks for staying with us. We greatly appreciate it and hope to have you back again soon!

Thanks,

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Good location (between airport and malls), beautiful place with fantastic green golf view, very kind staff (especially Mr. Troy Shoemaker). Have one 24hrs mini market inside the hotel so even if some "surprises" happens, don't need to get out of the hotel. Saw people complaining about the distance to the parking...forget it or don't go to Europe (3 min walking, or less). Just pay attention to the opening/closing hours of restaurants...we will come back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello delaplanche...

You are too kind. So glad that you enjoyed your stay. Don't forget to reach out to me personally if you need to book in the future!

We appreciate your business (and your kind words!)

Thank you for choosing Rosen Hotels and Resorts!