“Looking forward to coming back !!!!!!”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #39 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed in this hotel in April 2009 and have just booked to come back in march 2012 and I'm so excited !!!!
We have 10 yr old twins and they loved this hotel they are both keen swimmers who thought the choice of pools was FAB and always seem to find the energy after a day in the parks to have a quick swim . They loved the games room too .
I liked the laundry room because it ment I didn't have to take all the washing home with me and I would take my book buy a coffee and have half an hour peace while the washing was benign done ( sad I am I know !!)
The take away food in the supermarket was lovely I have seen on here people say it was expensive but I thought it was great for the price and the kids loved the ice creams!!

The hotel staff were great my son had too much food one day and he was ill in the room, I explained to front desk and they were lovely about it and housekeeping were great And were very prompt.

Looking forward to coming back see you in 168 days!! (and counting)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank crossleys
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Hello Crossleys!

I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to work through emails with you. I am excited that you are excited.

We look forward to your arrival. Continue to keep in touch if there is anything else I can do to assist in your reservation needs.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

The Shingle Crrek Resort was a perfect place to stay at in Orlando.We could actually see the Disney World fireworks from our room which was on the 6th floor on the front of the hotel. The hotel is about a 5 minute drive to Sea World/Aquatica/Discovery Cove. The resort has several restaurants, some small stores, nice pools, and a golf course. I found the stuff to be polite and they did a good job. Our room was clean. I will stay here again when visiting Orlando. Another little thing I noticed about the room was it had plenty of power plugs to charge phones, computers, and charge camery batteries. Sometimes hotels do not have many plugs. It was alos nice having a publix just on the other side of the street. There is also a Walgreens down the road. My only complaint was the internet. We had paid $12.99 to have 24 hours of internet service and it did not last that long we bought it around 10pm and when we woke up in the morning it wanted us to pay again. But I will stay here again on our Orlando trips.

Room Tip: If you have a room with a front view you can see the Disney fireworks.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cjt11

Hi Cjt11!

Thank you for the comments. We appreciate it.

I do apologize about the internet situation. I'm not sure why you experienced this issue. Usually you can just pay for the $9.95 of internet and it works for a continuous 24 hours. Were you able to call for assistance? We have a support team on staff 24 hours that would have helped.

Again, our apologies on the internet issue, however, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Keep my information on file if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

This hotel is very luxurious and while it welcomes families, I feel it is an experience most appreciated by adults. Wonderful swimming pool, golf course and tennis courts. The hotel is huge and it take a long time to hike from lobby to room to pool; that's one reason why I feel that children might have a hard time here. I wish I had time to use the spa but this was a quick trip. The location cannot be beat. But be careful of parking and additional fees that might not show up while booking. Those can add up fast. And I felt the staff was a little stuffy and not very welcoming. However, parking guys were great and very accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Hi VG1360.

We appreciate the feedback, but so sorry to hear that you felt the staff was stuffy or not welcoming. If you want to elaborate on that any so that I can look into it further, please let me know. We definitely do not want that feeling to be presented towards our amazing guests.

Thanks for the update. I hope to hear from you.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

As a Rosen property, it's exactly what I expected. This hotel has Granduer but it lacks in one area. Parking! Self-parking is quite a walk from the actual hotel and at $12 a night its not worth it! I ended up valet parking to avoid walking in the scorching sun for half a mile! Other than the lack of close parking this hotel is TOPS!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed here for a mini vacation. The grounds are lovely and this resort has every amenity you could ever want. Rooms are nice, pools are amazing. My husband played golf and loved it. I got a massage at the spa and it was divine! Great location...just a couple miles to Universal and International Dr. is just minutes away. If you are looking for a relaxing getaway, this is ideal.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A J

Wow A J!

It seems like you were able to experience a lot of what Rosen Shingle Creek has to offer. We are so happy you had that opportunity.

If your travel needs bring you back to the sunshine state....please let me know. I would be delighted to assist in your reservations!

Reviewed September 29, 2011

Wow I rarely give perfect scores but got a great deal and must say this hotel is one of the best and yes I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton and very aware of all the hotels in Orlando, it’s not on the I drive strip, about 1 mile or so away so you are in need of a car, but the property with three pools is incredible, this Hotel Is super clean, the staff was nice but for a classy hotel not a Ritz Carlton level of service but again nice, guess you can’t have everything, I believe this is a diamond in the ruff, we will be back!!!!! Parking is $12 Great job no Hotel Resort Fee - i am hoping that FL makes its a law to be up front about resort fees this is bad business for tourist to spring it on someone but Rosen doesn’t do such bravo, we had a blast, I DONT FEEL THE store for Food was outrageous at all $2.10 for a fountain drink, $3 for a bagel and cream cheese, $4 for nice piece of cake, for an upscale resort not bad, just seen all the complaints get real this is a nice hotel and go to Publics in eth front if you want to save money, well that is if you want to walk or have a car......I would say this is a top 10 Orlando Hotel by far!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rduenas

Thank you so much rduenas!

We appreciate the feedback so much.

As always, if you need anything in the future, please let me know personally. We hope to have you staying with us again in the near future.

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 25, 2011

The room was large (dbl queen) and very clean. The staff was very attentive and so polite. The food outlets were a little pricey but I accordingly with the upper scale hotel. If you love golf they have a great looking course. The two pools were clean and perfect in temp. They also have a dock that you can fish off of while overlooking the golf course. Only about 15 minutes from Disney and Universal. I paid $119 a night which is reasonable especially with a .upscale hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front. The view overlooks Orlando itself otherwise the back rooms overlook the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Hi gany1969!

Thank for your review of the hotel. We love your tip!

Hope to have you come stay with us again in the future. Please let me know if your travels bring you back to Orlando. I'm here to help you with your reservation needs.

Thanks,