I stayed here again as a creature of habit. Don't judge me!
I was on the fence (ouch) for where to spend Labor Day weekend: Fort Lauderdale or Orlando. Having spent a few coins interviewing throughout the state for more than one month, I wanted the best value and Fort Lauderdale didn't offer what I wanted given my budget. That's when I remembered Troy S.' comments to my previous review and tapped his digits into my iPhone to see what he could do for me.
From the moment he answered that call and even until now, he has done an exceptional job in regards to professionalism, service and being human. No script reading here, no robotic speech, no "our policy is to quote you the rack rate and quadruple it." Just genuine service and the desire to make this guest happy. And his sense of humor has kept me giggling at work like a girl in middle school.
I won't delve further into the actual property details because most of the important aspects have already been discussed in previous reviews. This review's focus is on service, service and service and everyone I came into contact with had obviously earned their Ph.Ds in hospitality.
A few highlights:
1. The room was gorgeous, secluded and spacious and with fantastic views
2. Housekeeper LF made her work seem fun
3. The front desk staff had wonderful suggestions for a romantic night
4. A housekeeper supervisor (?) began addressing me by name!
5. Staff greeted me with smiles and warmth
6. The general manager personally responded to my guest comments within 24 hours
7. Troy, Troy, Troy (well, there's only one Troy I know of, but it's all about the emphasis, man!)
Could I stay at a national or global chain to begin accumulating points and rewards? You betcha.
Could I stay at the #1 Trip Advisor-rated hotel ? Of course.
Could I use my corporate account and be treated as another business traveler? Yes.
Will I? No.
In fact, Troy, Troy, Troy (aka 3T) is already taking care of my reservation for my birthday week in October. My only disappointment is that he advised me to keep my pet emu, llama, rhinoceros and penguin at home, but that I'm free to do what I want in my room without them. ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An unspoiled natural setting. A hotel that surprises and delights. Designed to please in every way, Rosen Shingle Creek delivers exceptional luxury. From 1,501 elegant guestrooms and suites, to 15 tantalizing restaurants and lounges, to our 18-hole par 72 championship course, Rosen Shingle Creek is, in countless ways, Orlando's most inspiring AAA Four Diamond hotel. Add in RFID locks, no resort fee, free Wi-Fi, close proximity to International Drive and world-famous attractions for an unmatched Orlando experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Rosen Shingle Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel Orlando
- Rosen Shingle Creek Orlando
- Shingle Creek Resort
- Rosen Shingle Creek Resort