“LOVED The pools!”

Ranked #32 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Brighton, MI
“LOVED The pools!”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I booked the hotel through Hotwire - 4 star hotel Seaworld area.

For the price I paid, I was thrilled. When I checked in, I asked for a quiet room overlooking the pool area. Raquel - (what a sweetheart!) Checked me into a nice room on the 11th floor overlooking the pools, lake and golf course. Although it was a little bit of a walk, it was worth it. GORGEOUS View of the pools and the room was nice and quiet.

The pools were WONDERFUL!!! There is a family pool, a kiddie pool, an Olympic pool and an Adult pool.

The pools were all heated over 80 degrees. I swam in the family pool and adult pool and the temperatures were PERFECT - Nice and warm. A few adults complained they were too warm (given the 98 degree temperature outside), but most people thought they were perfect. One of the men at the Adult pool made comments about my bathing suit so I decided to hang out at the family pool all weekend. The men at the family pool were much nicer and I was happily left alone. The family pool was wonderful - lots of kids having a great time and parents happily watching the kids.

The beds in the room were SO Comfortable, and I loved having a mini frig. It would have been even more perfect if there were microwaves in the room and if the refrigerators had freezer sections. Oh well. You can't have everything.

I thought Rosen Shingle Creek was first class. I loved the rooms, the view, and especially the pools. I will definitely be back - either alone or with my new husband and family. You can have a great time there either way.

FYI - The New York pizza place next to Publix has WONDERFUL Pizza! Loved it!.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room overlooking the pools. It's a bit of a walk - but it's worth it!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank abondgirl
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Awe abondgirl. Thank you. We think you are first class!

Thank you so much for the review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay.

I have forwarded your review on to Raquel and her managers to ensure she gets the recognition she deserves.

Thanks again!

Fax: 407-996-3150

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (972)
Nebraska
Reviewed August 11, 2011

If you are looking for a nice yet somewhat inexpensive place to stay, this is it! The facility is wonderful, and the service is great! It is a beautiful place to stay!

Room Tip: I would suggest rooms that look either east or north for the best view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael S
Thank you so much NebraskaForce.

You really make us smile.

Thanks again,

Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Attending a large conference at Rosen Shingle Creek Resort. Groomed grounds & golf courses surrounds a 'ginormous' resort/hotel complex. The hotel room in which I am staying is large and comfortable. The Resort charges for things that I took for-granted would be included in the room price...pay for daily internet access (which disconnects every 18-30 minutes even though it is in use, calls for another log-in), parking (I am here without transportation & this is still a problem because only town cars & Suburbans are available for paid transborotation. The Resort supplies no airport or attraction transportation.), pay for gym access. Included are cable TV, an inroom frig & the nice swimming pools. The restaurants & spa are a bit pricey and they charge an automatic 20% gratuity. Publix is within a 1/2 mile walk; at the end of the access road to Resort. The strip mall that houses the Publix has gone bust...with only other tenants being NYCPD Pizza & East Palace Chinese Restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Hi eachdayagift.

Love the screen name! Thanks for the review. I do apologize that you had to pay the extras. It is the option we chose instead of doing a resort fee. I can definitely understand your frustrations though and apologize for this.

I'm very surprised by the internet though. We just upgraded the entire hotel to wireless and haven't had many complaints about it. I'll forward this to our Internet team to ensure they look at it though.

Although we do have the black town cars and Suburban’s on property, the standard taxi cab is able to come on property if you call them in advance. It was a preference to keep the town cars only on property though.

The strip mall across the street is brand new (about a year now) so they are still working on getting businesses in there. I would say come in about a year and there will be plenty of options over there then.

Thanks again for your review. We definitely love hearing from our guests. I'm glad your stay went well.

Thanks,

Tulsa, Ok
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Spent 3 nights here and loved it. There was a mix up on our reservation when we arrived and they handled it beautifully by upgrading us to executives suites for the entire stay. No hassle, great attitude, very clean and manicured place. Look forward to a return visit. Not your typical 'Florida Tourist' place. Very upscale and worth every penny.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Hello kjsiex...

Thank you for your recent review. You really made us look great and we appreciate it. An Executive Suite? Those are beautiful...glad you got to experience it.

Thanks again for the review. We greatly appreciate it. Please let me know if you need anything in the future.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I travel to Orlando for work quite often and up until now the Rosen Shingle Creek was one of my top three hotels. I've stayed there 4 times before and have always been very impressed, this tims the service and experience was far lacking.

Our room was ok upon check in but it looked like someone had been sitting on the bed and although its a little thing both of the notepads had been used before (4 diamond resort??).

The service as the Osceloa cafe was HORRIBLE and there were little to no people in the restaurant at the time. Also the quality of the food for the money at the buffet was terrible. We had continuous trouble with the internet not staying connected in the room and the cable kept reprogramming itself. At one point we had to have engineering come replace the remote and the cable box (at 10pm of course).

I was there for work and was told I could keep my items locked up in the conference room. When I went down the next morning I noticed that I had items STOLEN. It was reported but no one did anything about it or apologized.

We decided to check out a day early since the stay was so mediocre. Upon checkout my bill was all wrong and it took 20min to get it sorted. After we left I realized we left something in the room. Unfortunately we had gotten too far to go back. Of course housekeeping said the item wasn't there, but I don't believe them.

i don't trust the employees of the hotel and their service leaves alot to be desired. Having to wait in a long line to check out at the market, unfriendly service in the ice cream parlor, incompetence in the cafe proves that the service is not up to par.

I feel sorry for anyone who paid full price for their room, I got a great discount because of the event I was attending but in hindsight I could have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Inn for the same price and had tons less hassle and actually more services for free.

There are so many REALLY nice hotels with great service in Orlando, don't let this one fool you.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank Lyates2011
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Hello Lyates2011.

Wow! That is truly all I can say right now after reading your review. I am SO sorry to hear about the issues that you ran into. I really want you to know that we are taking this VERY seriously. After reading that you have stayed in the past and didn’t run into any issues and then this time it was problem after problem, I’m really alarmed.

The one thing that I am unable to do though is reach out to you personally by phone or email because this site doesn’t allow it. I would really appreciate if you could email me or call me with your personal information so that I can have the Hotel Services Manager contact you about the situations to ensure that everything is taken care of. The Resident Manager, General Manager and the Hotel Services Manager have all been made aware of the review and are hoping to help turn this negative situation around.

Again, I do apologize for the mishaps that happened during your stay. I want you to rest assured that we will take care of this as soon as possible.

Denver
Reviewed August 9, 2011

After leaving this property a month ago I'm still saying "wow"

Good "wows": Incredible staff, beautiful facility, great pools, clean and comfortable rooms, beautiful event facility, EVERY staff member said "hello" when we passed in the halls, a variety of restaurant options and a market onsite, awesome that there were computer kiosks to check into flights in the lobby.

Not-so-good "wows": Enormous, secluded from any outside restaurants, on-site restaurants are somewhat expensive, taxis are apparently not allowed on site (towncars only?), as such a secluded resort, parking should be free, the size allows for large conventions, like the one I was there for, but 3000 people in one place is a lot. A lot.

It's a great convention hotel, but I don't know if I would stay there just for vacation.

Room Tip: My room was great and so were all of my friends. I don't think there could be a bad room!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DenverEyeGal
Hi DevenerEyeGal!

Thanks for the review. We appreciate the kind words. I think the one thing I read the most on TripAdvisor.com is that people are surprised (good and bad) of how large our property is.

Taxis are allowed onsite; however, we do not allow them to sit out front. We do have a great relationship with the company that has their black town cars on property. If you would like to have any of our staff call a taxi, they are more than welcome to come on property and pick you up.

The one thing I can say about the rooms is that most rooms have an amazing view. Even when facing the front of the hotel, you have great views (especially at night) of the International Drive area and the surrounding golf course.

Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if you need any assistance in the future. We always enjoy hearing from our guests.

[--]
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My mother and father in law were visiting us for the whole month of July. During their stay I arranged for them to stay at Shingle Creek for a couple nights. They stayed at four different hotels during their trip to Florida and my mother in law said this was the best one. She was so pleased with the convenient store that was 24 hours and she said her 80 minute massage was one of the best she has ever had, the hotel and pool were gorgeous and the service was fabulous. Thanks for making their stay so great..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Janette H
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Hi jardito!

Thank you for your recent review. We are so happy to hear that your family enjoyed their time with us at Rosen Shingle Creek.

I hope we are your first stop in the future. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks,